Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That miracle was really fitting. God does not play fair. :v:

She's not going to start a political party after the war is over, is she?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Would there really be a lot of research into planes when you already have flying mages? Even if you want to there's the usual problem of the big established force not wanting to give up any influence or prestige so they'll do everything in their power to prevent anything that could challenge them regardless of the actual consequences. There's probably a lot of people who would consider planes a waste of time and resources since mages are clearly superior for aerial combat too.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tanya knows the only acceptable outcome is to paint the map with your own colors.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also next episode is a recap episode.
A loving recap episode for a one season show? Why even bothering to air that poo poo? Just skip one week, it's better than an utterly pointless waste of everyone's time. :argh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

darkgray posted:

Er, you think they're putting them in because they want to?
No, I've seen Shirobako. I'm saying no episode is better than a recap, because the end result is the same: no episode. :(

But hopefully the 11 episodes they actually make will be good.

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 11, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Tanya is the Red Baron in a Fokker Dr.I (service ceiling 6,100 meters) while most of the Empire's mages are still flying Albatros C.IIIs (service ceiling 3,350 meters).

She is Manfred von Richthofen if he were a 10 year old wizard girl possessed by a middle-aged Japanese man.

Yes I've thought that too. Quite a few similarities. :)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

If you haven't watched this episode yet, don't bother. Even for a recap episode, this is the laziest recap episode I've ever seen
Thanks for the warning. :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tanya not recognizing that guy was pretty great. :allears:

I wonder if the totally-not-allies are going to demand her execution as part of the peace negotiations if the empire ends up losing.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

No but we most likely will by that point in the story. Especially since DEUS VULT!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Those people are idiots. What did they expect would happen? Not that I condone killing civilians in any way, but surely they must have at least suspected that the Empire wouldn't just go "welp, I guess we can't do anything" and leave. Hiding behind civilians is extremely cowardly and is deliberately putting them in danger and should be considered a warcrime in itself. Why not put up some signs that say "please murder our plump, juicy and above all unarmed people" while they're at it? Besides it's totally-not world war 1 with pretty much no good guys and sure as hell the republic wouldn't have hesitated any more than the empire did before "justifying" bombarding empire cities who sprung up partisans. Shooting refugees as they flee is pretty drat awful regardless however.

In Tanya's favor it doesn't appear that she's enjoying it at all. Unlike when she sends undesirable subordinates to die in a bunker. :v:

I wonder who the breakdown guy shot at hmmmm.

Also god is totally cheating by saving that guy and it's great. He's going to be mildly upset when he sees that she's carrying the gun his daughter gave him and using it to conquer the place though. :allears:

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 3, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Namtab posted:

im glad that you clarified your opinions re: civilian killing
I'm bad at communicating so it was just to make sure there wouldn't be any misunderstandings. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Moddington posted:

I'm so glad Dr. Schugel is back. :allears:
I built these V1 rockets so you can fly deep behind enemy lines, aren't they awesome? Just use a shield spell to prevent them from falling apart mid flight you babby. Deus vult celeritate! :science:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

drat high command spending resources on war effort instead of anime. :argh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe a certain little girl wrote an essay on the proper design and use of armored fighting vehicles that managed to make its way into the hands of someone competent? :v:

God gave the lunatic scientist inspiration to build not-V1 rockets so there's also that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It was satisfying that the cranky guy got to see that Tanya was using the gun his daughter gave him. :)

• Locked thread