Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Anyone have the soundtrack (Not the opening and ending theme) yet?

Also who do you think the daughter is of the commander in the last episode? I think its Viktoria based off of the eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Raenir Salazar posted:

The lingering camera shot on her makes me think she's an important character, like maybe the person who got fired also transported here after dying shortly afterwards. That would be the predictable thing to do.

Yeah I think the character is important (Look at those eyes) but just wondering if we have any inkling on who she is.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

mpyro posted:

Nothing new in this episode. They even reused the same music

Ahhh sad to hear that this episode sucks and is just a recap episode.

Anyone track down the soundtrack yet?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Mordaedil posted:

Welp, thanks for thinking so highly of our position in the war, Youjo Senki. That was really nice of them.

That was pretty accurate depiction of the Oslo fjord, very well done.

This series is going to end with Not-Germany losing the war, Tanya doing the Beer Hall Pursch and her being in jail isn't it?

Also going to be interesting if Not-Japan enters the picture and gets stuck with nothing in the peace talks.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Poil posted:

Tanya not recognizing that guy was pretty great. :allears:

I wonder if the totally-not-allies are going to demand her execution as part of the peace negotiations if the empire ends up losing.

Seconding this, not even remembering the guy was brutal.

So, what are the chances Mary becomes the "Anti-Tanya" actually giving tanya a run for her money in battle?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

RangerKarl posted:

well she is a mary sue so

I missed her last name. Is her name literally Mary Sue?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Phobophilia posted:

you know what these reincarnation/evil overlord stories need? a proper rival. someone who can act as a foil to the mc and occasionally foil their plans. overlord needed one, as does this. to their credit, re zero and alderamin had these characters, and they benefited for it

The anime just introduced a Mary Sue character soooooo........

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Jackard posted:

Is there some significance to the ending song changing? How many episodes are left?

I think its either a 13 episode season or 12 episdoe season, so we have 4-5 episodes left

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Raenir Salazar posted:

I hope he gets fished out too. :ohdear:

As much as Tanya is meant to be built up as this evil order obeying role perfectionist I love how the soldiers under her command we can generally root for.

Once again we get another anachronism in the form of what I think are distinctly Panzer III's (Sd.Kfz.142) which were also only first produced in 1939 (Designed in 1935).

I could see it being bumped up a decade assuming a constant investment of resources but I feel like that should still make it only beginning to be produced in 1928 ish. We should really be seeing Panzer II's instead even though the series is significant amounts of Gay Black Hitler material as it is, but industry trends of "Could the Germans have developed X by Y if they had enough effort and made the right choices?" is generally easier to speculate on.

German and perhaps ironically, even allied tank development was largely strangled by the end of WWI as a victim of its own success. No one had the money to put into serious tank research during the early 20's other than the ordering of some prototype designs; the Weimar Republic and the Soviet union would start secret cooperative tank research in 1926 leading to the first Soviet mechanized brigade in 1929 using tanks whose designed was based off of the Renault FT; so you only really see more modernish tank designs start to take off and see wide spread production during the 30's.

What's oddest is the complete lack of tanks before this point. Tanks aren't like cavalry where on the static front they would lack the mobility to navigate No Man's Land or the protection to survive machine guns. In WWI the British and French had been using tanks in piece meal roles since at least 1916 though it wouldn't be until 1918 that they were used to their fullest effect to break open German lines, but they had enough success to prompt requests by commanders for their full production.

We probably should have been seeing their use in piece meal fashion by the Entente; the Empire taking note of this and producing their own, also using them in piecemeal fashion in response and then someone at General HQ suggesting "Hey what happens if you put them all together as one force at one point of the line?" right around the point the first design that has just enough protection and speed to be useful for mobile war.

Operation "Revolving Door" seems to be heavily based off of the 1940 Fall Gelb offensive also known as the Manstein Plan. Although without the aspects of the Ardennes forest being weakly defended due to perceived impassibility for armour. Here they just used mines to literally blow open trenches recently captured by the Entente.

Honestly I feel like the overall plan here had too many complex parts that relied a little too much on luck to pull off. Mainly Lock Pick; if it was just exploding out through relatively poorly defended forests on a quiet sector of the front it would've lessened how much depended on RNG.

It will be interesting if a preference for complex interlocking plans leads to a fuckup, Admiral Yamamoto had a similar thing happen to him, he often liked to split up his forces that couldn't really coordinate to fulfill crazy complicated plans and this didn't work very well very often.

From what I glanced at the Manga they had tanks in the opening chapter, so I wonder if we're just seeing some pacing issues.

Since the anime is ending in 3 episodes I have a theory

Sounds like the Imperial army is gathering up in one place.... Could be a counter-ploy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
The start of episode 12 talking about the beer hall is such a tease for Tanya overthrowing the government

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_Hall_Putsch

Edit: Any information on the soudntrack (not the OP or ED songs)

Exmond fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 3, 2017

• Locked thread