Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Tanya's voice borders on irritating for me but the show's been entertaining enough so far that I don't mind watching more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I like how every nation has their own style of flight unit for their mages.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Raenir Salazar posted:

Yeah I think they're doing the 1940 BEF thing. They are providing air cover and are trying to counterattack, can they succeed? No idea. But they're probably going to become the closest thing to killing Tanya since the start.

Anyone know if the Not Soviets have a NAP with the Not Germans?

They do in the manga.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Raenir Salazar posted:

Lots of speculation

Well from what's been translated of the manga so far, not-Russia is only mentioned in the context of how they're a neighbor that isn't preying on the Empire because the historical alliance they had with the alliance wasn't continued, giving the Empire an opportunity to sign their own NAP with them.

It definitely feels strange the way they've depicted tanks. With the way the episode unveiled the various plans to rout the Entente Alliance's main forces, I expected this to be the first use of tanks on the battlefield, but there's absolutely no fanfare when they're shown. Nobody boasts about their new tech. My only guess is that either they wanted something easily recognizable as tanks, or they just bought the models for the tanks or something.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Iretep posted:

Its also possible that magic allows technology to advance faster somehow.

Well, magic is just another part of science and technology in that universe. It can be studied, used in experiments, repeat results, etc.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Raenir Salazar posted:

The problem is when these developments aren't happening in an apparently even manner aside from maybe the Entente having submachine guns. It's hard to see Tanya as facing a real threat when her side is handedly winning the Lensman Arms Race when the actual Germans were just inundated with barely functional at best boondoggles throughout the war.

Apparently that V1 is accurate enough as a cruise missile to hit a bunker square on the nose dead center when the V1's and V2's had a hard enough time hitting London (Spies being flipped notwithstanding).

Right now it isn't a huge issue because it's only these last two episodes that had these things starting to pop up but it's the long term implications of it that are problematic unless we see some the Not-Americans with Pershings.

Weren't Tanya and her squad directing the V1's? I mean, it's still a pretty accurate hit but we're talking about some form of guidance up until they eject, rather than real life V1's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The manga does have them receive new magical cores based off Tanya's experimental one.

• Locked thread