Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The omakes are good, please keep posting them.

The 20 MB gifs, not as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm surprised at how engaging this show is. The pacing feels good, the animation is quirky yet thematically fitting, and the voice acting sells it better than a used car salesman with giant inflatable balloons.

I'm on board with this until the end.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

RasperFat posted:

While Tanya is presented as a sociopath, Being X seems like an entity not worthy of blind worship. With unlimited powers of creation why make a salaryman who rejects you in the first place?

1) We assume this was tried already, given the concept of angels, and a world with just angels kinda sucked, so thus humans were created.

RasperFat posted:

And why get upset about it?

2) Wouldn't a parent be upset at their misbehaving child?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

RasperFat posted:

1) This is a massive assumption. So a world with just Angels was boring so Being X created humans filled with strife and sorrow? This seems ridiculous.

Hey, don't ask me, it's the basis of Christian theology.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

LibrarianCroaker posted:

As reincarnation occurs, Christianity is demonstrably not the theology in use.

Uh....Jesus?

edit: I guess there's a distinction between reincarnation and resurrection, so I'll give you that.

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 23, 2017

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Also, that was my line of thought taken based on the phrase "unlimited powers of creation". You can put a Shinto spin on this too by taking that phrase out: gods liked to bump nasties, eventually Japan and humans were created.

But, I'd argue this show wants to represent the Christianity version of "Creator", just mixed with a Buddhist reincarnation model. I mean...

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Me, before watching this show:

Me, after watching this show:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

via Related Youtube Videos

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Hot drat this show is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Viktoriya shooting Tanya to save her was badass and deserves props, so here are my props to that scene

• Locked thread