Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This is Tanya's argument at the start of the series. A god demonstrating its power by freezing time, showing up in your dreams, augmenting you with incredible power and reincarnating you into a completely different world is fearsome and enough to cause the vast majority of people to immediately accept that its God. But Tanya is saying that it cannot be God, because he wouldn't be letting any of these things happen. It is not a being worthy of praise.

Eh, it seemed to me salaryman was going more for "God must operate in a manner that accords with my over-adapted bureaucratic mindset in order to exist at all," rather than "God must bring about good results for me in order to be worthy of praise" (which I think is also a bad argument).

A dickish god is still a god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Cao Ni Ma posted:

And this story is like alter Lot. Instead of god taking things away from Lot he just keeps on giving him more stuff and responsibilities.
I presume you meant Job. Lot was was Abraham's nephew who managed to escape the destruction of Sodom only for his wife to turn into a pillar of salt and his daughters to sleep with him while he was drunk to carry on the family line.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Namtab posted:

Congrats on finding a worse topic than her gender identity

Does she have the right type of RAM?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bricklord posted:

Curious as to why a diety would be obsessed with a single random rear end in a top hat

Why wouldn't They be?

• Locked thread