Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

The dude showed up specifically to bitch about how humans weren't respecting him enough and then Salaryman responds by calling him incompetent to his face and blatantly disrespecting him.

For a godlike ego, that must sting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Eh. Counter attacking into enemy territory is a well established strategy.

Lets see, the war Sun Tzu allegedly wins is basically that.

Republican France vs the various Coalitions.

Benedict Arnold marched into Canada.

I feel like there are some other wars I'm missing. I feel like this sort of "Shield and Sword" operation must be fairly common.

Also Tanya's force didn't occupy any land, but was a raid; which I feel like is a little lower down. For example the Newfoundlander regiment that burnt down the White House during the War of 1812 in response to the US invading Canada (again).

Not that I don't entirely expect this to escalate the war somehow but I feel fairly strongly the NotRomania crossing the border with what seems like 5 divisions probably did that first; the raid on their capital probably is just the excuse to officially declare war instead of "Oops, how did we take this land of yours..." ala 1939 Winter War against Finland.

So yes, it probably will escalate it but I don't think Tanya's actions were invalid considering historical or military context. Deescalation is up to the ambassadors.

I don't think the issue was that Tanya did anything wrong or that she wasn't justified in striking back, it's that she directly attacked their capital and set them up to be taken over which we just saw is pretty much definitely gonna happen. Recall that the reason Tanya thinks a world war is going to happen is that everyone is afraid of the Empire expanding and gobbling up its neighbors until no one nation can stand up to it, forcing them to band together and triggering a war of alliances. This was the first step in that actually becoming a reality. Until then they were fighting defensively, but now they're actively looking to expand. World War I just started.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Man, Tanya up to now has been pretty evil but in an entertaining badass kind of way. "Tanya the Evil" never really struck me as that apt a title. But I think this was the first time I felt like she was just straight up an evil monster.

Which is good storytelling imo. I was starting to root for her a bit too much.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I mean maybe, but she does kind of start dancing around the room when she gets the order.

I initially thought it was sarcasm and she didn't want to have to do it but shes the one who came up with the entire strategy in the first place.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

In a season full of really great anime this surprisingly turned out to be the best and most enjoyable out of them all. The main character was fantastic and the show took what could have been a schlocky premise and handled it was dignity and gravitas while also being loving insane and very fun to watch. Studio NUT really proved themselves with this.

I seriously hope there's a season two.

• Locked thread