Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, at this point it's worth mentioning Tanya misunderstanding things and getting misunderstood is a bigger source of trouble for her than X in the LN and manga (though the manga pushes it a bit further than the LN), at least for the part covered so far in the anime. In those versions of events, Zettour didn't get interested in her because of Being X's meddling but because Zettour had heard of her when Lehrgen tried to prevent her from getting to War College and when she encountered him by pure coincidence in the library she thought it was a prime opportunity to show off to a brigadier general and launched into her world war thing. There's also a misunderstanding regarding X's intentions but that may not be true in the anime given how he's got a much more antagonistic relationship with Tanya.

Been catching up on episodes, I discovered this series through the manga but I've gotta say the anime's grown on me, and it's really interesting to see the way the anime and manga are pretty different takes on the same source material.

Chev fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kylra posted:

Tanya actually hasn't led very many people to their deaths though. I think maybe like 2 of her battalion died or something at most? If any?
Because her soldiers don't contradict her, and also because they're her precious human shields (though the anime places less emphasis upon this) and also because she values them as useful human resources. Contrast with the two episode 1 guys who complained about her and were deliberately sent to die in a bunker.

Annointed posted:

Yeah seriously by having Being X possess people to say its words we can empathize with Tanya being up against a supernatural being rather than just think "oh hey I think I used that as a monster in Persona."
On the other hand you've gotta keep in mind that in those other versions her being "up against" being X is really one of Tanya's many misunderstandings. X, by and large, doesn't antagonize her, in fact she's technically his apostle in that era. His only acts regarding her up until Mary Sue are reincarnating Tanya, giving her a relic and forcing her to pray when she uses it, none of which are against Tanya from X's point of view. X is having her learn faith and drum up faith in others.

Chev fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Apr 7, 2017

• Locked thread