Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
TBF using dudes on horseback in a limited role still made sense in a lot of places where paved roads and railroads were rare and vehicles designed for off road operation weren't available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Namtab posted:

Oh yeah I never mentioned but Tanya has a ton of uppers on hand.

Huh interesting.

A quick glance at wikipedia seems to indicate that for amphetamine at least, it wasn't even discovered to act as a stimulant until 1927, and wasn't sold as medicine until 1934. I'm pretty sure they would mostly have had access to booze and opiates in WWI.

Looks like amphetamines and meth didn't enter the scene until WWII where they saw use by both sides and heavy use by the Germans and Japanese.

I guess Tanya made friends with some chemists on the side at some point (and somehow knew how to cook speed and meth).

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

hoobajoo posted:

Not-Germany's military officers seem to have a poor life-work balance, and given we're comparing it to a Japanese salaryman's, that's saying a lot.

Not-Fritz's work is his life because he doesn't know what freedom is due to a sad lifetime under the Kaiser's bootheel. :911: :britain: :france:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm not sure what it does! :psyduck:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Also a U-boat wouldn't be cruising along above water at this point. Even through WWII they spent most of their time on the surface and only submerged when preparing to engage or evade the enemy.

• Locked thread