Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

MonsterEnvy posted:

I should note that Tanya's problems here are just because she refuses to play ball and keeps bad mouthing God rather then get the message.

Being X is a huge attention-craving jerk.

Tanya just wants to live a quiet life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

All being X has done is display its power over time and space to give Tanya a hard time and try to get her attention.

It doesn't seem to give two shits about all the people suffering or dying in the war, and, in fact, created Tanya with enormous powers to kill people and forced her into a position to use it constantly.

If it is a god, it's not one worthy of praise.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Paracelsus posted:

Eh, it seemed to me salaryman was going more for "God must operate in a manner that accords with my over-adapted bureaucratic mindset in order to exist at all," rather than "God must bring about good results for me in order to be worthy of praise" (which I think is also a bad argument).

A dickish god is still a god.

Salaryman's argument was more that we don't need gods anymore since we have science and technology to improve our lives without having to rely on the whims of some powerful being. As such he refused to acknowledge being X as anything other than an unusually powerful entity.

Honestly the show feels a lot like a Star Trek: TOS arc in this respect.

Goodness, righteousness, etc have never factored into being X's demands to be worshipped

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

You're assuming a lot of motives that have not been demonstrated by Being X, and which are directly contradicted by it's behavior.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I'm really liking these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The mages in this show are more equivalent to somewhere between a WW1 and WW2 close air-support aircraft.

Scouting and supporting ground assaults are their primary functions but they can dog fight in a pinch.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 27, 2017

• Locked thread