Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'd rather not see a little girl torture naked men in a dark place thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Also her crystal doesn't actually work
You think people would remember the scene where a giant nutcracker pops out of the sky to tell Tanya that the only way to make her crystal work is by praying to him every time she uses it.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm pretty sure Being X is laughing his rear end off seeing Tanya knowing full well how hosed everything going to be. It's also make for a perfect opportunity to get Tanya to worship him.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

Hahahahahahahahahaha.
It's interesting because in another type of show the protagonist would be like "Screw our orders, we're doing what's right!" But no matter how much it physically pains Tanya she appears to be physically unable to do so.
It feels like this scenario is tailor made to attack the weak-point of a ruthless salaryman's mindset. The time when you know something your boss is doing wrong but you have no authority or ability to avoid the trainwreck. And because Tanya is LE and is rational enough to control your impulses she psychologically is incapable of breaking the mindset that helped in her lives.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I think Tanya finally lost her marbles. To be fair she just witnessed her entire country throw their one chance to end the war early and have to suffer the consequences of an escalated world war.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

If she's not looking like Mad Jack from the final season of Samurai Jack sometime during season 2 I'll be disappointed. Plus I love how Tanya finally realized that people aren't logical creatures after facing so many illogical things for so long.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Golden Battler posted:

Yeah, among the various alterations the anime made, I think characterizing Being X as some incredibly All Powerful entity that is also incredibly petty makes for a way more interesting philosophical conflict between it and Tanya.

Yeah seriously by having Being X possess people to say its words we can empathize with Tanya being up against a supernatural being rather than just think "oh hey I think I used that as a monster in Persona."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

And it only took a couple million mutilated soldier corpses to (maybe) save Tanya's soul. Good work, Being X!

It already obtained faith and praise from them, as far as it's concerned those people are irrelevant in its eyes. This also kind of reinforces a reason to root for Tanya, being X is influencing key events where countless people die, all to show up one Japanese Business man.

• Locked thread