Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Demicol posted:

red/black flying with a skill to do X damage since she seems to able to deal some massive damage if she wants to.

I'd just go with a red version of Serra Angel: 3C2R 4/4 Flying Vigilance. It's not like we've seen her run out of mana yet. If she had any active, it'd be a +x/+0 and probably grant First Strike, all instead of the vigilance, but her cost is gonna go way up.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I hate how Nazism has completely erased pre-WW2 German history.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Tatsumaki starts slipping through in this one.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

She's doing very well not to break into Tatsumaki too, except in the shorts.

I'm not sure what to call this, being able to voice a character uniquely and not leak into your other roles. It's the thing Steve Blum is incapable of.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

It wasn't until I saw the third or fourth short that I even realized Aoi Yuuki voiced Tatsumaki.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Dire Lemming posted:

He could just be saying he has no intention of adopting a woman's role in society,

Was my interpretation too. He's lucky to be in enough of a meritocracy to have that option, or maybe it's because he's a walking superweapon.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Man created God in his image.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I like when history is so awry that Britain still has colonies on the east coast, there's still a large native nation somewhere, East Canada is New France (okay that's not too far from reality) and the western territory is still super wild because there wasn't a coherent american country to explore it all.

So basically Crimson Skies.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

"Evil? I am not malevolent! I simply am." - Apocalypse

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

I thought the rifles were bolt action though unless I'm misremembering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gewehr_98

No idea what else it could be. The box magazine hanging off is probably an anachronism, because that's a modern and seemingly popular conversion kit.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 8, 2017

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

There's some artistic liberty and inconsistency, but I'm fairly certain it's the Gewehr. WW1 starting later would more likely keep arms behind, not develop them further.

I think the defining feature of this parallel universe might be a severe lack of John Browning.
We've seen no machineguns (water- or air-cooled), which Tanya even commented on in episode 5, and no '1911-ish' pistols (FN Model 1903 is more likely, being Belgian).

Of course Hickok has a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Ljx5hjtUs

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 8, 2017

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

kirtar posted:

there were clearly machine guns on the bombers in episode 6 and in defensive emplacements in episode 7

I meant designs specific to Browning.

The bombers definitely mount the Lewis gun, which wasn't Browning, which were largely used by the UK before the US went with the BAR instead.

Seeing as it's 1925 though, the Lewis gun should be obsolete. Pan magazines suck.

SIngle-shot rifles were prevalent through WW2, so I'm not sure what you're getting at there unless you mean muzzleloading which didn't seem to be the case; volley fire does not automatically entail muzzleloaders, just poor tactics and application. Even still Dacia should have at least carriage mounted hand-cranked guns (poo poo, Japan had those in 1868). So maybe Richard Gatling is out of the picture too. That's what Tanya was commenting on: They aren't just behind, they're hilariously behind.

What really suggests to me that war development was slower or at least very different in Tanya's world?

No chemical weapons.

Maybe it comes up later, but for now I think Tanya's world used to be far more idealistic and peaceful than ours, and Being X just has to gently caress it all up just to gently caress with her.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Found it. The Gewehr 98 did have a 'trench magazine' with 20 round capacity available in WW1, but the stamped stiffening pattern in the show is anachronism, they were flat sided.

So if you see that the German rifles have or don't have magazines, that's because it's not detachable, it just lets you cram four strippers in at once.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Have you seen any of the mages need to shoot more than five times in one scene? :smuggo:

You're right though, we haven't seen a single stripper clip yet alone anyone slapping one in.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Uh, chemical weapons were totally prevalent in WW1 and afterward is when much of world realized how hosed up they were and banned them. Hague 1907 was largely ignored and violated freely, and it was rather specific to asphyxiation anyway. Geneva is the one that made it stick.

They didn't really cause a lot of death or casualties, but holy gently caress did we silly apes get creative, like an agent that was light enough to get through the gas masks in current use to induce vomiting and force the victim to remove their mask and breathe a second chemical that would potentially kill or incapacitate them.

Really I should be surprised Tanya hasn't brought it up musingly.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Mar 8, 2017

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Helter Skelter posted:

Interestingly, Tanya's fellow mages actually seem to be using some variant of the Mondragón M1908. What's Germany doing with a Mexican rifle?

Hah, I just thought they were really bad at drawing Mausers.

We really should see a SIG 1903 at some point then, or my 'no John Browning' idea still works.

Meanwhile Sioux's SMG wasn't designed til 1930.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Mar 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I'd rather've had a new Opening song than a new Ending song.

I've absolutely loving hated that song since the preview. Like almost avoided what turned out to be a good show because it's loving awful and grating.

Konosuba S2 is 100% watch opening, Tanya is 100% skip opening.

• Locked thread