Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Ep 1 -

Is this supposed to be a satire comparing corporate capitalism to WWII fascism, or is that just a happy accident?

Cause, wow, "modern Japanese culture can teach you how to be a fantaaaaaaastic nazi :smug:" is a loving hilarious thing to brag about if that's meant to be unironic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Raenir Salazar posted:

There is overlap in the sense that Tanya would probably fit very well in the Wehrmacht on the Eastern Front (even when trying desperately to get reassigned to Norway) but arguably Tanya would also fit extremely well in the Soviet Red Army as well; as long as there is a hierarchical meritocracy that values obedience and competency.

Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. Calling it "fascism" may be a bit of a stretch, I admit.

fake edit:

Gyges posted:

I do like that firing a guy who obviously sucks and is at least a little psychotic is what is used to illustrate what a horrible person nameless salaryman was prior to getting in a pissing match with Being X and getting sent to World War 1 Not-Germany.

:lol: I wanted to mention how they portrayed the meritocratic system in modern Japan as unjust, as well, but when I wrote it all out it was really hard to make that guy sound particularly sympathetic :pseudo:

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jan 23, 2017

• Locked thread