Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.
The first episode was ok, but episode 2 made me think I'll probably finish the whole season.

I thought that it wasn't actually God, and that was he point? Maybe a god, but not a master of creation. Him calling out Being X after having time stopped all magical like was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Paracelsus posted:

Eh, it seemed to me salaryman was going more for "God must operate in a manner that accords with my over-adapted bureaucratic mindset in order to exist at all," rather than "God must bring about good results for me in order to be worthy of praise" (which I think is also a bad argument).

A dickish god is still a god.

While Tanya is presented as a sociopath, Being X seems like an entity not worthy of blind worship. With unlimited powers of creation why make a salaryman who rejects you in the first place? And why get upset about it?

The salaryman recognizes Being X as a god-Iike being, but not the capital "G" God that people are praising. Being X clearly states that it has difficulty dealing with the billions of people living and dying on the original Earth alone, implying that isn't truly omnipotent.

The show definitely poses some interesting questions, I hope it doesn't bungle it and become ridiculous.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

1) We assume this was tried already, given the concept of angels, and a world with just angels kinda sucked, so thus humans were created.

2) Wouldn't a parent be upset at their misbehaving child?

1) This is a massive assumption. So a world with just Angels was boring so Being X created humans filled with strife and sorrow? This seems ridiculous.

2) Creator! =/= Parent. A parent has the confines of human powers, perception, and mortality. I would expect a parent to be annoyed at a petulant child. I expect a lot more out of an eternal being with supernatural powers. Directly interfering with the scientist to have him remove the safety from the prototype, and then requiring a prayer to use the jewel, are not the actions of a all loving and powerful being. Removing free will, and introducing a supernaturally powerful weapon into a world already at war, seem far more petty than a single man rejecting faith. It directly leads to people being killed in combat, but I guess it's cool that the "parent upset at a misbehaving child" is willing to sacrifice multiple lives to teach a lesson to their child.

• Locked thread