Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

It's highly likely that Richmond will be out of the 8 with a percentage below 100 after next week :classiclol:

Geelong might also be out of the 8 if they lose to the Doggies by a bit and Melbourne get up. Crazy to think that they started 5-0 but could be out of the top 8 at the end of Round 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Collingwood are 2nd last lol

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Jesse Hogan has testicular cancer.

This is completely and utterly hosed.

What the hell.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

The ladder predictor is fun when the league is this close at this point in the season.

I can get Melbourne to 4th or 12th going into the bye depending on how i play results out. And the differences aren't even that crazy - St Kilda would need to drop games but it's entirely possible they could drop to Sydney and the Dogs in the next two weeks. Or they could win both.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Can we trade someone from our mens team for a womens league player?

I'll give Brisbane Jay Kennedy-Harris

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Adam Treloar is a flog and i always want Collingwood to lose because of him

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

That bald oval office umpire sucks. Nicholls? He's just garbage. Him and Razor Ray are why fans hate umpires instead of the Rules committee.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-23/afl-to-suspend-players-for-gut-or-jumper-punches

Good. Great rule. I'm sure the MRP will find some way to make grey areas exist but the overall approach to 'no tolerance' is fantastic.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Tuohy's goal was sick

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Every rule (or umpires interpretation) these days punishes players for attacking the ball.

Deliberate out of bounds when they're trying to move forward, contact below the knees when attacking the ball, players dropping to their knees then tackled for a high tackle/in the back. All garbage.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Joel Selwood can choke on a dick. Borderline cheating in this game.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Umpires are doing absolutely everything in their power to get Geelong over the line.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Disgraceful.

Geelong supporters should be embarrassed about tonight and embarrassed about their ladder position.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I hope Kochie tells Hinkley he can go to town on the umpiring in the post-game and he'll cover the fine for him.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

The 30 second countdown clock is controlled by the stadium operator, not the AFL. Lol.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

If Melbourne were on track for finals and someone like Gawn or Oliver injured themselves in a State of Origin game I would be loving fuming. All I care about is Melbourne winning. I don't give a poo poo where the player comes from, we're all Australians... as long as my club has the best players and we win then I am happy.,

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

monolithburger posted:

I don't think I've ever been this frustrated by a game as a neutral supporter.

You must've missed Geelong vs. Port last week?

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

lmao eat a dick nakia

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

*selwood ducks for free*

*geelong players get angry*

enjoy your fine hawkins

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Schache just signed an extension with the Lions to 2019.

Good result for the Lions and good result for the game.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Does Sloane get tagged in every game for the rest of the year now?

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

BT: "The only time Gilly would've seen ice is at the afterparty when Australia won a test match"

:350:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Man i'm real nervous about this game.

NFI how i'll deal with finals when we eventually make it.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

It's hilarious how much pace Treloar suddenly has when he is going forward. Overrated front runner.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

The tears of Collingwood fans booing are absolutely delicious. Makes that win so much sweeter. loving lol.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

St Kilda are 1 win behind Melbourne and yet, theoretically, could be 4th last while Melbourne are 4th after next week.

It wont happen but gee wizz every game is big at the moment.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Every game on free to air this week is garbage I don't want to watch

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Just quietly, a Dees vs Tigers elimination final would be loving epic. two unbelievably success starved teams, Dees just finally playing a final and Tigers looking to actually win a final. Surely it'd get near 100k? We got close to 90k for ANZAC Day Eve.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Periphery posted:

Looks like Paddy McCartin was concussed in the VFL today. :suicide:

I remember hearing that people with diabetes can get concussion easier? I don't know how it works but Fitzpatrick has diabetes and he's having issues with concussion too.

Meanwhile Weideman kicked 5 in the first half in the VFL :getin:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Free kick West Coast in full swing. Minor infringements nah free kick

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Cunton Oliver

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

Dees have said that Mitch White will be coming into the side for tomorrow nights game. He's a lock down medium/tall defender who doesn't get a lot of the ball, and that will make our tall defenders essentially O McDonald, Frost and White, Frost being the most senior of them with 50 games to his name.

Jayden Hunt is going to play wing/forward and kick a bag

:getin:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

YESS BRISBANE LETS DO THIS

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Nutsngum posted:

Not that its not appropriate in this context but the mandatory ban irks the hell out of me.

Largely because I had a team mate cop a 3 week ban the other week for telling the umpire "theres two teams out there you know" then "dont bother pulling your card, ill take myself off". Was an absolute farce as the umps decided to "retroactivly upgrade" him to a red card and wasnt worth him contesting as he risked 5 weeks for doing nothing wrong. The umpires are often protected beyond any idea of reason even when they are utterly useless.

The treatment your teammate got was harsh, but the only way to stamp out violence and umpire abuse in local football is to put down harsh penalties. Your teammate would have to do what he did 5 more times to go over the 16 game threshold - I doubt he'll do it again even once.

Verbal abuse of umpires shouldn't be 3 weeks but I completely understand why the leagues are so harsh on it.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

hiddenmovement posted:

Trengove, Thompson, Boyd

Trenners won't play. MFC accidentally went an early upload on the finals 'ins' and he wasn't one of them.

Joel Smith on the other hand... :getin:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

This is just LOL.

AHAHAHAHA Montagna bomb from outside 50

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Man if Dayne Zorko played for a good club in Melbourne he'd be enormous, like Brownlow potential. 4 goals, 27 touches so far tonight

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

If only two of Viney, Tyson and Jones were playing we'd but a lot further up.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Carlton: 9 players under 50 games, average experience 87 games
Melbourne: 11 players under 50 games, average experience 74 games

:salt:

drunkill posted:

Melbourne will drop out of the finals in the first week.

lol you just posted this on reddit too

Windmill Hut fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jul 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Hodge polled votes for the Norm Smith medal in four grand finals, winning two. That's epic.

• Locked thread