Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
might be time for a hair cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

thepokey posted:

Round 6 2011 springs to mind.
Although that was completely understandable given the team had only played 5 games before that.

you know it was a crap side if Kyle Reimers managers to kick 8 on them

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

Someone said earlier that it is SEN's job to create controversy/bring up stupid "talking points" to get the sports talkback bogans all riled up. Kids on the field is just the latest example this week. There'll be more.

It's a lot harder for them now too, they can't just dig up some random take on DRUUUGSSS to get the mouthbreathers calling in thick and fast

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

What do you mean? If they want to shout "DRUGS!!!", all they have to do is whisper "West Coast in the 90s", and they a thousand calls demanding that teh Eagles be stripped of all premierships ever because some of them like to party-hearty, followed by a further thousand saying that it's all an over-reaction and boys will be bopys back in the day players liked a drink, It's no different.

... and so it goes.

sure, but I doubt they'd get away with doing it twice a day like they could during the last 4 years

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I thought Fantasia's drop kick was better than that Heppell goal, although both of them would be just making up the numbers because Cockatoo's should win it

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

AFL are even taking down highlight videos from YouTube now, one guy uploads compilations of each Melbourne goal and it was taken down within a day :thumbsup:

they're going to go full bcci soon aren't they?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

is Rance still good or is he just living off his form from a couple of years ago too?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Testekill posted:

Not really

which part of my question are you answering?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

is he leading he coleman yet?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

"A great story unfolding with the return of the essendon football club"

:barf:

:unsmith:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

lol

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

how the gently caress is melbourne not winning??

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

you can take the boy out of hawthorn...

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Chairchucker posted:

Not a good bloke anymore? Surely that status lasts for a little while?

there will only ever be one good bloke

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

didn't take long

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

quote:

ESSENDON has unearthed a Dustin Fletcher double certain to be taken in next year’s draft — Fletcher’s 197cm son.

Calder Cannons talent manager Ian Keyte said full-back Mason Fletcher was already in the frame for the 2018 national draft.

The skinny redhead, who turns 17 on Saturday, has been added to the Vic Metro squad after two impressive games for the Cannons this year.

Dustin Fletcher was prevented from coaching his son in the rooms last year because of his ASADA ban.

But Dustin (400 games) and Mason’s grandfather Ken Fletcher (264) have watched the teen who will become a third generation Bomber.

“He is an absolute clone of Dustin, with his footy smarts and everything he does,’’ Keyte said.

“His rounded back and shoulders, his late entry to get a hand in from nowhere, his closing speed over the last five metres when caught out of position ... all those things are Dustin over and again.

“He is looking more and more (like an AFL player) every time he goes onto the ground.

“He has those qualities his father had and I was fortunate to be around the TAC Cup when Dustin played and he plays the same as Dustin did as a 17-year-old.”

Essendon would have to bid for Mason under the AFL draft rules, just as it had to hand over pick 10 for father-son selection Joe Daniher.

Where he eventually fits into the order will depend on his TAC Cup form in the next 18 months, but already he is raising eyebrows.

Younger brother Max Fletcher, playing under-16 football at Calder, is yet to have a growth spurt but at 178cm also has talent.

:getin:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Testekill posted:

What a oval office; no wonder Beveridge refuses to give him the time of day.

there's a bunch of clubs that flatly refuse to have anything to do with him

it's probably why he comes up with bullshit like this stuff about Dempster, without anyone giving him scoops he has to just make it up as he goes along

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

no crammers no doggies

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

ryder obviously missed having his weekends free to go fishing or whatever

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Good to see the year off hasn't done Melksham any harm

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

lmao that deliberate out of bounds call

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I suppose I'll accept a carlton win if hawthorn get thoroughly reamed out

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

fanfooty.com.au just changed all the hawks icons to 'cactus'

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Volkerball posted:

They asked roughy if he was surprised by the hawks start, and he was like well we've come up against 3 really good teams. Ha! Haha!

one of which then went on to lose to carlton... :negative:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Port Adelaide.avi
https://www.facebook.com/7NewsAdelaide/videos/1511227515574565/

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

drunkill posted:

Trumble might do one good thing as Prime Minister: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-19/restricting-gambling-advertising-on-television/8455258

Of course the AFL are fighting it.

Isn't that the stuff he's only doing because he's desperate for Xenophon's vote to pass some lovely legislation?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Good to see Hibbo playing well.

Richmond look a bit poo poo when they're not playing a rubbish team

boy undead posted:

Did Essendon ever throw Jake into the middle?

Yes but he cracked the shits when we relied on him in the ruck too much. He also didn't like being made to play forward.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Feels like Richmond kinda fell over the line vs a middling side with a 2 man bench and Jack Watts in the ruck

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I heard that Smith kid who copped the knee in the back coughed up a few liters of blood on the way to the hospital and is in a pretty bad way

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

There's a story going round of a Port nazi in Melbourne and I'm 99% sure it's a guy I kicked out of the store back when I was working bottleo, although at that time he was carrying a confederate flag instead of a swastija armband

Yeah, he also likes to wear a soviet bear skin hat to go with his swastika armband. The guy has some pretty serious mental health issues

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

https://www.facebook.com/wakingupwithalaugh/videos/734744343361887/

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

So who is Jordan Lewis going to whack in the first ten minutes of Melbourne vs Essendon next week to get himself another holiday?

the umpire, probably

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

pretty sick burn on the doggies banner

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

How the gently caress does BT still have a commentating job he is loving useless

read big footy and ask yourself if those people would prefer the voice of reason or BT slobbering all over the mic

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

hiddenmovement posted:

moron spotted

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Jaegers knee is fine guys, nothing to see here

Is he a late omission? Someone was saying on BF that he hadn't been able to train on thursday

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yeah, "managed" as of yesterday according to the grandstand Saturday show

So loving glad he chose the hawks

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

what the gently caress is wrong with the dees?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'm just looking at fanfooty for score updates, is Daniher really 2.0 or has he put half a dozen out on the full?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Spedman posted:

He's kicking straight, and the young-uns in the Freo backline are giving up some horrendous turnovers

what's his hug count up to?

• Locked thread