Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite part of the game was when Derm gave up on giving takes like "the Eagles midfield are really taking control of the game now," and "the suns poor kicking has cost them a lot of opportunities," to finally just giving up and saying "the suns are a poor.....footy club."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Legal limit is .09 in the US. What do they do over this? Tribunal type of deal?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The AFL doesn't get involved? The NFL will suspend players for DUI's.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Up the suns, bitch

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This 4th quarter is gonna be a dumpster fire

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Vintage ablett

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Barlow is a tough son of a bitch

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ahahaha

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Saad just sat there and watched him take that mark.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Does it count as a record if it was against the suns?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Who would punch jack martin? A piece of poo poo, that's who.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Silvagni loving wrecked us. There was one play late in the game when it hadn't been decided yet, and he managed to scoop up the footy and give a beautiful kick to a guy 25 meters out and straight in front of goal. It bounced right off that dudes chest. So Silvagni runs in, gets the footy, and kicks the goal himself. I was like you mother fucker.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

realbez posted:

I... I still believe

Not my problem! *moonwalks away*

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Periphery posted:

Also, people use the word 'oval office' in a derogatory manner way too much in this thread.

It's ok. Be as Australian as you all want to be. It's your thread.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I forgot this sport existed for a minute there. Good job, suns.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
All 6 of the gold coast faithful are very mad at gaz.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Periphery posted:

Tom Boyd left GWS cause he got a deal he couldn't refuse. Dustin Martin might leave for a deal he couldn't refuse. One is deemed to be greedy the other was just making the logical decision. One was contracted and the other isn't.

The AFL media is stupid.

Boyd was traded and had barely played a game. Martin is the first player people think of when they think of Richmond and is just walking away from the team. It's not comparable, although if I was Martin, I wouldn't give a poo poo what people said about it. Not to mention that from what I've seen, players leaving their teams because they want to play for one of the Melbourne clubs is a bigger issue than players leaving for money.

Question, does the AFL give any sort of compensation to teams losing a free agent of that magnitude? Last guy I remember moving like that was Buddy, but I can't remember if the Hawks got anything for him leaving.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Get away from Lynch and May you goddamn vultures. *waves stick*

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If the Tigers win the flag Martin is going to make so much drat money lol. And I'm really happy Prestia got the chance to go be with a competitive team because he is magic.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/GaryAblettJnr/status/911772520273063937

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It was my idea to support the suns because I wanted to pick a new team, and GWS didn't have Ablett. It worked out real well for me. Oh well, it's been fun in its own way. I was inspired to pick up a cocaine habit by following the suns, and that's been really good.

Looking up the timeline, I would've picked up the Suns at the end of 2013. So Jaeger O'Meara was the rising star and Jack Martin was coming in the next season and was probably going to be the rising star then. Loaded young team with the best player in the game as their captain. :sigh: Ablett's 2014 ruled at least. Nothing else really panned out except Lynch. Oh well, I already forced myself to hate GWS so there's no going back now. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 6, 2018

• Locked thread