Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Spedman posted:

There's a bit of chat that the Freo CEO might make the jump over to the Hawks CEO position at some point, hopefully after Fyfe signs.

dont worry hawthorn would never poach a star player from another team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

spamman posted:

When was the year that Cam Bruce was a Brownlow favourite?

would have 05 or 06, pretty sure it was 05

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

good to see that its not just the mens side which chokes under pressure games

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

well, they certainly had their chances to win. 80% of the last quarter was spent in the dees forward 50

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

In case anyone missed the fact that we blew our flag hopes by refusing to play to conditions we end the game with a player taking a running bounce off half back when it's been pissing down for hours.

maybe brisbane or adelaide or both will lose all their remaining games?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

That play from kick out from Brisbane was really good shame Ashmore could finish it

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I see the girls have the GPS trackers in place I wouldn't mind knowing what sort of distances they cover during the games

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Cmon Brisbane

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

loving hell Harris has a boot on her

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Yusssss. Dees hopes are still alive

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

imagine the dees ability to get sheer weight of inside 50s combined with Harris and Frederick-Traub

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

tnimark posted:

The TAC is ending its relationship with Geelong.

over selwood? you'd think theyd learn to just stop sponsoring footy clubs

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

i think the aim is to improve the quality of the game over the first couple of seasons then that will draw in neutral fans naturally

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Shmoses posted:

The Essendon saga is back! Hell yeah!

What's happened now

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Tom Buggs tackling has been good

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

not upset to see carlton get beaten here

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

oh for fucks sake the pub that the WA demons supporters group always watches the games at (which is conveniently located a suburb over from me) hosted a One Nation pre-election party last night

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

NPR Journalizard posted:

What pub? Please don't say the Rosemount.

The Rosey doesn't show the footy, it was at the Paddo. Funnily enough one of the reporters on the ground described the locale as hipster-ish, which could be applied to Mt Hawthorn if you squint I guess but the Paddo is still v much bogan central clientele-wise

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

adelaide's women have a lot more big bodies than the dees but the dees are right in this, entertaining game

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

our full forward just channelled chris dawes

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

dees have played most of the game with mel hickey on erin phillips with daisy pearce occasionally rotating onto her in the midfield, its been a good battle

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

fffaaaarrrkkkkk

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

that was like the carlton game all over again

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

theres still one more game to go. brisbane are locked in, my understanding is if they win next week or if adelaide lose next week then brisbane get a home GF

dees and adelaide both win next week - adelaide should still go through with their superior percentage
dees win and adelaide lose - dees make the GF
dees lose and adelaide win - adelaide make the GF

both teams lose (and carlton win?) - adelaide probably still goes through anyway with their percentage

e: next week will be a difficult game though, coming off a hot, humid and bruising game to then have to go against a resurgent fremantle

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 11, 2017

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

How would you structure a finals series for an 8 team comp?

A final 4 with two simple semis? This has the benefits of being simple, but also the downside of half the teams in the comp make the finals

they do a 4 team finals series in the WAFL

also collingwood winning today throws up some interesting (if mathematically minuscule) possibilities for the final round to set up the second grand finalist team. adelaide's percentage will still lock collingwood and carlton out of contention if both of the latter teams win at the crow's expense (collingwood will be playing adelaide in the final round).

so the most likely results will still be:

1. adelaide win and they're in,
2. adelaide lose and dees win then the dees make it, and
3. adelaide and dees both lose and adelaide still makes it anyway

followed by the incredibly unlikely:

4. adelaide lose by a large enough margin to wipe off 50 percentage points bringing them crashing down to the dees and carltons' level (and that scenario would result in a massive boost to collingwoods percentage), and so if the dees also lose to freo and carlton win then the blues and collingwood would both be in the running for the GF spot, with it most likely being collingwood getting in due to that theoretical percentage surge they would get against adelaide in this scenario. so for carlton to get in they would have to rely on adelaide getting belted, demons losing, then winning by a huge margin against... brisbane.
5. demons win by a large enough margin to chase down the 46.4 percentage differential between them and adelaide

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 12, 2017

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

drunkill posted:

Big changes in the AFLW stats this week, lots of Freo entries into the top 5 and a lot of Carlton players have dropped out who were in the top 5 in previous weeks.
https://twitter.com/championdata/status/840762260913963008

Also list strength raankings:
https://twitter.com/championdata/status/840763391694192640

Those list rankings are really cool

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

AFL site put up a talk piece about the best player since 2000 (the writers put up Ablett, Mitchell, Judd and Franklin), two of the top 3 comments are questioning why Goodes didn't make the list. Faith in footballing fans.. somewhat redeemed.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

I really hope we make the women's GF, if for no other reason than it gives me an excuse to fly to Brisbane and watch that instead of seeing loving st kilda embarrass us again

There's no good reason to look forward to going to Brisbane

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The Deadly Hume posted:

I like Brisbane more than Sydney even though it's basically a swamp town.

its disgustingly humid for half the year with none of the good things you can find in either sydney or melbourne. its like people who live there dont actually realise there are better places on the east coast because i cant think of any other reason someone would willingly live there

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

coopers used to be cool back when the only thing you could pick from in every pub was carlton draught, heineken or coopers, but since the other australian brewers discovered ales back in 2010 or whenever squires hit it big with golden ale its become a bit of a mainstay of the die hards

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

also i hope we all have some topical south australian energy grid jokes all lined up the first time port adelaide stink it up this year

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

I don't want to be too harsh but uhhhh...plugger looks...thin

he might have had some lifestyle changes leading up to his decision to be involved in footy again

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

id be ok with freo being relegated and bringing in the sharks and tigers instead

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Nutsngum posted:

Twilight grandfinal can gently caress right off. How am I meant to have a kick with mates after the loving suns gone down?

move to WA?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Oh hell yeah

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Yeah yeah

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Dees gonna get it heard it here first

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Come on pies

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

gently caress you collingwood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

If Melbourne had managed to close up their defence in their game against the Crows last week and not leaked two goals in the final 90 seconds, the percentages would have been

MEL 150.87
ADE 150.81

:argh:

well if the dees had stopped one of the goals versus gws they would have won and been in the GF vOv

• Locked thread