Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Afl draftees get paid a pittance compared to all of the other players you’re comparing them to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Shaun Burgoyne. What a loving superstar. He still plays football! Well!!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snaeksikn posted:

ty vickery has retired

Devastated

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah it’s the same reason Sydney is on the hook for franklins contract even if he retires way early, cap space wise. Makes sense and is fair.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Schlesische posted:

This was brought up when he signed it. I don't think this has seen an official response.

Gary Ablett Sr, just to clarify.

It did get an official response. The afl told Sydney when they made the offer that they would be held to it. If they didn’t hold clubs to the contracts they offer free agents, they’d just offer twenty year deals to win the player and then renege later saying “lol oops we didn’t think he’d retire”

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Doesn’t seem to be sooking much. He was robbed.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

This made me think of Sonique media player for the first time since about 2003

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

Clicked the link soley because of this comment, was not disappointed

death to winamp bloatware

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Adelaide discussion banned please

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

I really like the changes to the rookie list which lets them play from day 1; it really gives the mature state leaguers more of a chance to pitch in when they don't have to wait for an injury. So stoked for David Mirra to finally get his chance after being a VFL champion for the last 5 odd years.

We are finally giving Mirra a chance!? I hope he goes well, he deserves it. I confess I was a bit worried that it was at the dogs after you mentioned it, I hadn’t looked at the preseason or rookie drafts yet.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Port took Lindsay Thomas hah

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah, a mid season draft makes sense to cover the unexpected losses. A trade period might just end up being good players in poo poo clubs trying to get traded up the ladder.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

I'm gonna have to pick one of these up next time I pick up a kebab (mix with garlic and chilli sauce). HSPs are stupid.

Mixed meat? No HSPs?? This is a very problematic post.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
the fourth year wedding anniversary theme is silk or linen, so my wife got me a hawks cap signed by Burgoyne :3:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Your wife is pretty cool

:agreed: I couldn’t think of anything clever to do with that theme

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
the 3 low level offences resulting in a suspension thing didn't last long

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is Tex a common name in Adelaide?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Spedman posted:

Congrats on the up coming little one! First 6 weeks are rough, but it's uphill from there for your sanity.

As for the rowing lady, it was for the best in the end, her and her husband split after only 3 years of marriage. But miscarriages happen much more than people realise and for a whole host of different reasons, but they're pretty awful for everyone involved. (sorry to be a Debby Downer).

I am extremely certain that the miscarriage was not for the best, Debby.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm sorry to put you on the spot, Sped, but that is a really awful thing to say. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but I can't imagine any circumstance in which such a traumatic experience could be considered for the best for anyone. I wouldn't express that sentiment in polite company, is what I'm trying to say.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
All good man :hfive:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Our first child was stillborn at 26 weeks and it was devastating for us. It still hurts but the thing that really helps is that we now have a beautiful daughter who is nearly a year old and she’s just the best. You hear all about other people’s stories of loss when you go through that, and it turns out lots of people who have healthy kids went through similar experiences. It isn’t talked about, though. It is just one of those things that people can’t relate to without going through it, and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

cmndstab posted:

Oh geez. We've just finished 26 weeks and I can't even begin to imagine it at this stage.

Awesome to hear about your daughter though :unsmith:

I won’t give advice (because it’s all bullshit) except to say that the first few months are way harder than anyone can possibly convey to you, but it is totally worth it 🙂

Periphery posted:

Considering so many of you have kids there is a distinct lack of photos of adorable kids in team colours in this thread.

The internet is unworthy.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Spedman posted:

Now here’s a question, I’m originally from Perth and follow the Dockers, is it right to force the Purples on my son who was born in Parkville and never been further west than Werribee Zoo?
(I think so)

Yes. A person should be allowed to mature and grow in their own way into their own person. They should be free to make all their own choices and know that they will be supported by their parents whoever they turn out to be. Except for their football club, that is non-negotiable!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Although since it’s an interstate team you’re probably gonna have to let him have a local team to follow. I humbly suggest Hawthorn.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I hate listening to AM commentary because of the reception. ABC was ok because no ads but gently caress listening to SEN call the Game brought to you by Bertocchi Ham.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

drunkill posted:

And cutting to a horserace halfway through the quarter, two or three times a game.

Fuuuuuck I hate their horse racing obsession. There’s a whole contingent of guys at work that talk about it all the loving time, too. It’s so boring.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

If anything it’ll be worse with Whateley there

Shmoses posted:

This will only get worse with Gerard there

:sigh:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah he’d have to be supplying or something for it to be drugs. They wouldn’t waste time on raiding someone for using. Not that I’m ruling drugs out, mind.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wrong thread you idiots. You complete loving morons!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snaeksikn posted:

Close thread ban op imo

• Locked thread