Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the black husserl posted:

perez has spent his entire life doing things like fighting privatization, providing affordable prescription drugs, make sure workers get their rightful health benefits, passing hate crimes laws etc

tom perez is the reason trayvon martin's killer even got a trial

he also made sure the banks got off real easy after screwing people over for the 50 millionth time since 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Don't Try - Democratic Party epitaph

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
hahahaha at the people who think obama is running a shadow government to undo trump

nah mate i am 99% sure obama has left the garbage fire that is the federal government. he did not get along with hillary, he probably doesn't get along with sanders, the republicans at large made sure it was going to be frustrating as hell, now his wing of the party is under immense pressure and is unlikely to see the 2030s. the only people in that hot mess that were and would remain his friends are his wife and biden and probably some minor staffers that have dispersed to the winds by now. c'mon dude, he's not an ideologue, he's at heart a mediator, and negotiations are starting to turn into political warfare

maybe Obama will prod at state politics or something, if so i hope he does so in a reddish state instead of loving new york. maybe he might shuffle up to accept a scotus nomination if president gently caress if i know, what the hell kind of democrat will we see as president in the next decade? but there is an extremely high chance he'll just throw up his hands and spend his days as a venture capitalist or something

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Why does Obama hate bernie

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

cause bernie doesnt constantly suck his dick like every other single liberal in washington

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

KaptainKrunk posted:

Obama is going to spend the next 4 years actively trying to destroy the Bernie wing in the hope that the Dems will be able to sneak a friendly corporatist in in 2020

:lol: probably

agree w/ op

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I woke up today and it dawned upon me that the Obama DoJ spent more time investigating Hillary's emails than it did Wall Street or the Bush Administration for war crimes.

In the end he only went after whistleblowers. :lol: what a loving lousy president.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

I woke up today and it dawned upon me that the Obama DoJ spent more time investigating Hillary's emails than it did Wall Street or the Bush Administration for war crimes.

In the end he only went after whistleblowers. :lol: what a loving lousy president.
can someone try to remind me again how much different materially a republican administration would have been instead because lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

to be fair it was a republican administration that was the one that sent bankers to the slammer during the S&L crisis. kind of really hard to imagine a democratic administration ever doing that lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's impossible to imagine any administration doing that at this point. You'd think the Trump administration might do it if for nothing else than reactionary political pressure from the CHUDs who are gonna lose their homes, but they're literally making financial grift and corruption legal.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

comedyblissoption posted:

can someone try to remind me again how much different materially a republican administration would have been instead because lol

Modern Dems are basically the ideal version of Republicans, but modern Republicans are clinically retarded, evil or insane. Compare the effects of Obama's health care bill versus Trump's bill and consider the impact on society.

Join the Sanders wing of the party to destroy the Clinton and Obama machines basically :lol:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

He wasn't acting OP.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

Because Bernie didn't bend the knee unequivocally.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
i wish obama was as cool as conservatives portrayed him as

and i must meme has issued a correction as of 18:34 on Mar 25, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

and i must meme posted:

i wish obama was as cool as conservatives portrayed him as

You say that as if Obama wasn't a light-weight republican. Or a heavy-weight if you like bombing other countries.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

You say that as if Obama wasn't a light-weight republican. Or a heavy-weight if you like bombing other countries.

that was his point

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Barbe Rouge posted:

that was his point

Sure.

On another note the "secret muslim" thing always amused me and when I heard people say it I would point out that he's done more to harm muslims than any other president (bombings, regime change, destabilization, supporting turmoil, gitmo, surveillance, etc). Then they'd always look away for a sec and come back with a "yeah but". lol

The dude had a very respectable body count.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Sure.

On another note the "secret muslim" thing always amused me and when I heard people say it I would point out that he's done more to harm muslims than any other president (bombings, regime change, destabilization, supporting turmoil, gitmo, surveillance, etc). Then they'd always look away for a sec and come back with a "yeah but". lol

The dude had a very respectable body count.

I don't like Obama but, more than any other president? No way

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Uncle Wemus posted:

The Nation of Islam has a long and storied history of antisemitism.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The Nation of Islam has a long and storied history of antisemitism.

nice

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Terror Sweat posted:

I don't like Obama but, more than any other president? No way

Who did more? This refugee crisis is the direct result of Obama's foreign policy (and the literal crimes against humanity Saudi Arabia is engaged in too).

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

Who did more? This refugee crisis is the direct result of Obama's foreign policy (and the literal crimes against humanity Saudi Arabia is engaged in too).

hmm who did more to gently caress up the me than obama, gonna have to look far back into history to solve that riddle

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Brother Friendship posted:

hmm who did more to gently caress up the me than obama, gonna have to look far back into history to solve that riddle

You talking about bush? Yeah, he really took care of business, but Obama kept Bush's policies and strapped a rocket to them.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

spacetoaster posted:

You talking about bush? Yeah, he really took care of business, but Obama kept Bush's policies and strapped a rocket to them.

Debatable. For all of the evil of drone strikes, at least Obama wasn't engaging in empire building and naked pillaging like Bush's cronies, or like Trump vowed to do.

For a lot of domestic issues, there's clear alternate paths, but I don't really see too many clear ways we could've handled most the big issues that came up on the international front.
Like do you just imagine Libya wouldn't have destabilized and/or wound up with a clamp down and slaughter of non-loyalists?
Should we have not honored the Iraqi government's (and US citizens) wishes and stayed in Iraq?
Bombed the poo poo out of Assad/full on invaded? Just said not our problem/not issued the 'red line' statement?

Maybe I've just too bought into the neo-liberal's mindset, but I don't see too many alternatives that wouldn't have still resulted in a lovely scenario.
Obama was mediocre in IR compared to my wishlist and I'm not absolving him of his sins, but we were already going full steam ahead into the icebergs.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
did obama reverse bush the lesser's ban on research into human cloning and animal-human hybrids or even the stem-cell restrictions

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

Debatable. For all of the evil of drone strikes, at least Obama wasn't engaging in empire building and naked pillaging like Bush's cronies, or like Trump vowed to do.

For a lot of domestic issues, there's clear alternate paths, but I don't really see too many clear ways we could've handled most the big issues that came up on the international front.
Like do you just imagine Libya wouldn't have destabilized and/or wound up with a clamp down and slaughter of non-loyalists?
Should we have not honored the Iraqi government's (and US citizens) wishes and stayed in Iraq?
Bombed the poo poo out of Assad/full on invaded? Just said not our problem/not issued the 'red line' statement?

Maybe I've just too bought into the neo-liberal's mindset, but I don't see too many alternatives that wouldn't have still resulted in a lovely scenario.
Obama was mediocre in IR compared to my wishlist and I'm not absolving him of his sins, but we were already going full steam ahead into the icebergs.
we shouldn't have been involved in libya or syria. ask yourself if you would be so supportive of these interventions if a republican you disliked did it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the black husserl posted:

yeah i agree its extremely lame that the judge (the honourable tom perez) and the jury (12 clones of tom perez) did not convict zimzam

I'd like a photoshop of this but there's no way it'd live up to the image in my head

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

Republicans boxed Obama in on Iraq because any push back on them on defense of his Iraq policies would have meant sharing credit with Bush over the withdrawal timeline and the Republican insistence that US forces should not be subject to Iraqi law.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

tadashi posted:

Republicans boxed Obama in on Iraq because any push back on them on defense of his Iraq policies would have meant sharing credit with Bush over the withdrawal timeline and the Republican insistence that US forces should not be subject to Iraqi law.

That reads like you're saying Obama couldn't do the right thing because it might have benefited the GOP.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Coolness Averted posted:

If the worst-case scenario was "basically what we have now, but without pissing off Russia", then that sounds like an improvement.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Coolness Averted posted:

America. World police.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey remember when dumb rookie Barry Obama milked the hope of millions of Bush-weary Americans and then squandered his first 100 days because of his obvious ineptitude and garbage ideology?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Frijolero posted:

Hey remember when dumb rookie Barry Obama milked the hope of millions of Bush-weary Americans and then squandered his first 100 days because of his obvious ineptitude and garbage ideology?

Nope. :shrug:

I just remember wallstreet breathing a sigh of relief when he turned out to be on their side.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Frijolero posted:

Hey remember when dumb rookie Donny Trump milked the hope of millions of Obama-weary Americans and then squandered his first 100 days because of his obvious ineptitude and garbage ideology?

The more things change

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

Nope. :shrug:

I just remember wallstreet breathing a sigh of relief when he turned out to be on their side.
one of the first acts during his transition to potus or as potus was to put goldman sachs alumni in his cabinet

i think wall st knew what they were doing when they were funding his election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

comedyblissoption posted:

one of the first acts during his transition to potus or as potus was to put goldman sachs alumni in his cabinet

i think wall st knew what they were doing when they were funding his election

Yeah, I didn't notice that.

I just remember being very mad at Bush for bailouts, and then being furious at Obama for expanding them (and every other bad program too!).

• Locked thread