Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I had originally intended to do this as the exact same thing Yes_Cantaloupe did for 2006, but when I did this I realized that the selection was a bit sparse and it'll probably end up with everybody voting for the same things as the only things anyone actually remembers. So instead of that, I figured we could have a thread where we talk about anime 20/30/40 years ago so that people who weren't alive know what they missed out on and should give a look. And since I already put the work in, there's some lists.

I have never really tried to use MAL like this so if I hosed up (and I probably did) let me know. I may have gotten a bit carried away going all the way back to '66.

1996-
code:
After War Gundam X
B’T X
Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go
Bit the Cupid
Bonobono
El Hazard: The Wanderers
Fushigi Yuugi (aka Mysterious Play?)
Ginpei the Penguin
H2
Kiteretsu Encyclopedia
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Mysterious Thief Saint Tail
Neighborhood Stories
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ninku
Nurse Angel Ririka SOS
Puutarou the Bear
Sailor Moon SuperS
Slam Dunk
Slayers Next
Soar High! Isami (aka Tobe! Isami)
Sorcerer Hunters
The Adventures of Young Santa Claus
The Vision of Escaflowne
Those Who Hunt Elves
Touma Kishinden Oni (aka Fighting Devil Divinity Oni)
Virtua Fighter
VS Knight Ramune & 40 Fire
Wedding Peach
1986-
code:
Alpenrose
Animated Classics of Japanese Literature
Battle Ball
Captain Tsubasa
Dr. Slump: Arale-chan
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
Hikari no Densetsu
Kinnikuman
Mahou no Star Magical Emi
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Musashi no Ken
Ninja Robots
Shouwa Ahozoushi Akanuke Ichiban!
Urusei Yatsura
Wonder Beat Scramble
1976-
code:
Adventures of Pepero the Andes Boy
Arabian Nights: Sindbad no Bouken
Getter Robo G
Goliath the Super Fighter
Haha wo Tazunete Sanzenri
Hajime Ningen Gyatoruz
Huckleberry no Bouken
Koutetsu Jeeg
Laura, Girl of the Prairies
Machine Hayabusa
Song of the Ladybug
Time Bokan
Yuusha Raideen
UFO Senshi Dai Apolon
Youkaiden Nekome Kozou
1966-
code:
Kaizoku Ouji
Prince Planet
Space Ace
The Amazing 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gundam X has issues but it's one of the better gundam series because its only 39 episodes so it actually has something resembling pacing.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I want to like Zeta Gundam because it's a classic, but the show really doesn't hold up well in a marathon because it repeats itself too much. Still, it did give us Jerid "#1 most punchable face in the earth sphere" Messa, so its got that going for it. At the very least, the dialogue is understandable and not G-Reco levels of Tominoism.

Gundam X is better, even though it didn't do so well commercially. I liked the sort of Proto-E7 dynamic the main cast had.

Evangelion is Evangelion. There's not a whole lot about it that hasn't already been said unless you start talking about Rhizomes. I still don't understand that thread.

Gundam Wing was a lot of people's introduction to Gundam in the west, but it wasn't mine. I don't really remember much of the actual plot, but i appreciate any show that has gratuitous explosions, robots, people falling out of planes, and corny-yet-kickass one-liners. Not a must watch by any means, but it's a decently fun ride.

Ok, well this list is a little skewed because I don't have the time to watch and marathon old series the way I used to, and back then my interests were a bit more limited. I do appreciate that series seem to have moved to shorter 1 or 2-cour formats, because very few stories can last for 50 episodes without gratuitous amounts of filler.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If you want to double check your lists you could look at the Every Anime OP thread although that only goes back to 69

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

If you want to double check your lists you could look at the Every Anime OP thread although that only goes back to 69

I think the stuff listed is stuff that ended in each decade, though with something this old I feel there's some recognition to be had for stuff that was ongoing at the time because the average episode count was much higher.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I wanna effortpost sometime when I'm not at a phone but 1986 was a real good year for anime. Heck it had the final stretch of Urusei Yatsura and then Maison Ikkoku start up immediately after, so it was a powerful Takahashi year.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

A good chunk of Touch also aired in '86, and it's one of the best anime I've ever seen.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Srice posted:

I think the stuff listed is stuff that ended in each decade, though with something this old I feel there's some recognition to be had for stuff that was ongoing at the time because the average episode count was much higher.

yeah it was originally gonna be one of those "best of" whatever things so that's how i was organizing it, and when i decided not to do that i kept the organization. I'm a bit too lazy to go in and redo all the lists now but if you wanna talk about ongoings in those years i'm not gonna tell you you can't. Touch narrowly missed out on being in this by ending in early 87 so that one especially feels like it's probably more of an 86 show anyway.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I think I actually watched some Wedding Peach. I'm not sure though, because it was kind of forgettable. But the title and the character designs are really familiar to me. Not sure why or where I would have watched it though, so that's confusing.

Never got this far in Sailor Moon. A few years ago I had the bright idea to watch the whole show and gave up about 23/24 episodes in. Every episode was the same drat thing and that's really hard to watch when you're trying to do like 2 or 3 a night.

Escaflowne is a really familiar name to me but I've never watched it and I'm not sure if I should. I can't recall what I've heard about it.

Dr Slump is another one I hear a lot but I've never watched and I'm not sure I ever will. I at least think I remember hearing it spoken of fondly.

Urusei Yatsura is on my backlog and it's one of the few backlogged anime of mine that I've actually already downloaded because I thought I'd start it before I got distracted by something else.

Is Slam Dunk worth watching?

I somehow missed out on X but I'll change that soon enough.

I never liked NGE and it was only recently I began to meet people who share my opinion. For years I was treated as a pariah for not enjoying a piece of "anime history" so that was annoying. I did watch all of it twice to see if there was someway I could change my mind, but it's just never going to happen. I don't like it.

Wing is loving stupid and I love it.

I think that's it for me, personally. Nothing else on here means anything to me.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Dr Slump is really funny and has a cool aesthetic. Anyone who thinks Akira Toriyama is a hack should be forced to watch it

Escaflowne is pretty good, it's probably the best fantasy mecha series and it does a good job of blending it's shoujo influences in. The ending isn't incredible but it's not bad either.

Ninja Robots is super strange, the robots are transforming animal ninja robots but the plotline is a political war story. It only has HK subs that call the main character Ding which was funny to me when I watched it.

Bt'X is Saint Seiya with giant robots but also drab and boring somehow.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I guess I should mention that of those I've only finished Escaflowne,

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Didn't realize 1996 had two Gundams. Did Wing start after X didn't do so well? I really should try and finish Gundam X one day.

I tried watching BT'x because I like the voice actor for the main character, but I didn't end up liking it.

I've also tried to watch Escaflowne twice and both times I kinda lost interest halfway trough.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Demicol posted:

Didn't realize 1996 had two Gundams. Did Wing start after X didn't do so well? I really should try and finish Gundam X one day.

I tried watching BT'x because I like the voice actor for the main character, but I didn't end up liking it.

I've also tried to watch Escaflowne twice and both times I kinda lost interest halfway trough.

actually wing started in 95, and X started right after it finished and managed to reach its own end before the year did.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

GorfZaplen posted:

Dr Slump is really funny and has a cool aesthetic. Anyone who thinks Akira Toriyama is a hack should be forced to watch it

Escaflowne is pretty good, it's probably the best fantasy mecha series and it does a good job of blending it's shoujo influences in. The ending isn't incredible but it's not bad either.

Ninja Robots is super strange, the robots are transforming animal ninja robots but the plotline is a political war story. It only has HK subs that call the main character Ding which was funny to me when I watched it.

Bt'X is Saint Seiya with giant robots but also drab and boring somehow.

Dr Slump and Escaflowne are now both on my backlog, thanks.

I should really try to watch things faster because my backlog is growing when it should be shrinking.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Animesols streamed it but because of the dumb model it wasn't finished and since they don't exist anymore nobody can watch it now and it will probably never be rescued.

[F]

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Slam Dunk the manga is good and a classic.

Slam Dunk the anime is a stretched out slog.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I guess I should mention that of those I've only finished Escaflowne,

i dropped escaflowne :twisted:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Escaflowne is fantastic for... about 20, maybe 22 episodes. I forget precisely where it happened after that, but at some point one of the producers ran into the studio screaming "We read the contract wrong, it's going to be a 26 episode series, not 39!" And they hurry along to the big showdown and wrap it up with the kind of 11th hour rear end-pull you can only find in anime.

Still, though. That is a drat good 20-something episodes, music in particular.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rangpur posted:

Escaflowne is fantastic for... about 20, maybe 22 episodes. I forget precisely where it happened after that, but at some point one of the producers ran into the studio screaming "We read the contract wrong, it's going to be a 26 episode series, not 39!" And they hurry along to the big showdown and wrap it up with the kind of 11th hour rear end-pull you can only find in anime.

Still, though. That is a drat good 20-something episodes, music in particular.

The final twist about the emperor seemed pretty neat to me at the time (when I was 16 or 17).

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The only of these I've actually watched in full is NGE, and only once. I've started watching it again a few times, but lost interest partway through.

I followed along some of the way during the Escaflowne simulwatch here some years ago, but also lost interest I guess.

I probably watched significant parts of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, I don't know exactly how much, since I was around 8-10 years old at the time, it was a dubbed version, and I believe also cut/censored. They were showing it at the daycare (?) I attended after school, and one of my friends insisted on pulling me in to the showings, I mostly remember being scared by the violent fights.

Then there's the Kiteretsu Encyclopedia, I've watched a bunch of episodes raw, it's definitely a kids' show, designs by the Doraemon author and it shows. It seems like it'd have been a really fun thing to have around in your childhood, and I believe it has a cult following in Japan. You do see it referenced in new anime once in a while, most notable probably the confession scene early in Genshiken. It also gets mentioned by name in one Sexy Commando episode.

Also watched bits of Magical Emi and Urusei Yatsura, but too little and too long ago to have opinions on them.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wonder what was considered the garbage anime of the time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Garzey's Wing, same as always.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Creamed Cormp posted:

I wonder what was considered the garbage anime of the time.

evangelion

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Quick takes on stuff from 1986 that I've seen and think others should, going by if any of it aired in '86:

TV!

Dragonball - I don't need to say why it's good. The anime might have some pacing issues compared to the manga but it's still a good adventure show.

Fist of the North Star - It's a classic and is definitely a v important entry to the genre. Lots of shounen fighting series have been directly or indirectly influenced by it. Better to check out the manga for this one while watching select parts of the anime, but hell if you wanna just go through the anime it's still a solid choice. The movie was also this year and even if you've read the manga it's worth checking out. It does its own thing with the basic story and is way more violent than the tv anime.

Zeta Gundam & ZZ Gundam - Both are still quite good, Zeta is one of the definitive entries in Gundam and ZZ is a real solid followup and a breath of fresh air to the grim, serious finale of Zeta.

Urusei Yatsura - Easily one of the best shows of the decade. Wonderfully creative, with a lot of talented people working on the adaption. The first dozen or so episodes are a bit slow but they're fine in the way that, say, the first season of the Simpsons is fine. After that initial hurdle there's just so much variety that every episode is a joy in a completely different way each time.

Maison Ikkoku - Two big Rumiko Takahashi adaptions in the same year! Maison Ikkoku manages to be different from her other major series since it's fairly grounded. Nothing supernatural, just a college student in love with his landlady with a bunch of goofballs getting in the way. It's adult but in a very sitcom-y way, but it's able to use that to its benefit at times; everyone is old enough to drink so it's not unheard of for the cast to get wasted and let off steam. The will they / won't they aspect can get tiring at times, but if you view it as a sitcom that ran for 4 seasons I think that makes it a lot more bearable. It's definitely not about the destination.

Touch - Also one of the best of the decade! I've talked about it a bunch in other threads but Adachi makes some real good manga, and Touch is a fantastic adaption. It's slow-paced, but in a way that's very much deliberate. If not for the length I'd recommend it to everyone all the time. You might see baseball in the opening but don't be fooled! It's primarily about the characters, to the extent that the protagonist doesn't even play baseball until about 30 episodes in. The way I see it is, even if you hate baseball that's more than enough episodes to see if you find the cast endearing or not!

Dr. Slump - I've only read a little of the manga but Toriyama has a solid sense of comedic timing and I've heard decent enough things about the anime to assume it holds true there as well.

SPT Layzner - Not the best Ryosuke Takahashi-directed mecha anime, but one of the best looking. What starts out as a thriller with some political commentary for the times changes radically about 2/3rds of the way in, becomes a Fist of the North Star wannabe and then gets cancelled (fortunately it is fleshed with an OVA that actually gives meaning to the garbled mess of an ending). The writing might get messy but it's still worth a look, if only because the animation remains fairly slick.

Alpenrose - A shoujo series set during World War II. It's the type of shoujo that's real melodramatic in the good way, and it was also fansubbed fairly recently so a lot of people don't know about it. Check it out!

Musashi no Ken - I haven't seen this because it's only available via crappy HK subs, but years ago back when he was still a co-host on the ANNCast Justin Sevakis was regularly watching so, so much sports anime and he became insanely passionate about this one, and I trust him when he said it was really good.

Ginga Nagareboshi Gin - If you watch just the first and last episodes, you'll feel incredibly fulfilled with your life as those two episodes will contain the best dogs in anime.

MD Geist - Watched with the dub it's an amusing enough bad anime, but it's also important to talk about as an encapsulation of the times. At this time in anime history the OVA market was such that lots of people could make something short, just to see what sticks. It's really amateurish in both its story and animation, but that gives it a bit of charm. I mean, Ohata was only 23 when he directed it! It was also one of the earliest projects Masami Obari worked on, being only 20 years old when MD Geist came out. It's an era where due to the OVA boom anyone could feasibly be given a shot at making whatever the hell they wanted. It produced a lot of crap but despite that it's an ideal I respect a lot.

Saint Seiya - If Fist of the North Star is one side of the shounen coin, this is the other side. Massively influential in different ways, I like what I've seen and hope I can get around to watching more some day.

Movies!

Project A-Ko - It's an enjoyable, goofy movie with some nice animation. Just be warned that the sequels keep getting worse!

Laputa - I'm a sucker for Miyazaki's movies that focus on adventures, and this one goes through some familiar motions but executes it quite well.

Windaria - I love this movie even though it's pretty flawed, and I'm glad that I got to exposure others to it back when I ran that movie simul. It's very much worth checking out.

Ai City - Creative visuals, with a script that doesn't know what it wants to be. If someone told me they made up the script as they animated it I'd believe them, it's a mess but an endearing one, full of references to inconsequential matters that mean nothing in the film itself.

It also has a corny insert song that I can't help but enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJuxqqPWqH4&t=64s

tl;dr - 1986 was a real good year for anime

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Srice posted:

Maison Ikkoku - Two big Rumiko Takahashi adaptions in the same year! Maison Ikkoku manages to be different from her other major series since it's fairly grounded. Nothing supernatural, just a college student in love with his landlady with a bunch of goofballs getting in the way. It's adult but in a very sitcom-y way, but it's able to use that to its benefit at times; everyone is old enough to drink so it's not unheard of for the cast to get wasted and let off steam. The will they / won't they aspect can get tiring at times, but if you view it as a sitcom that ran for 4 seasons I think that makes it a lot more bearable. It's definitely not about the destination.

Touch - Also one of the best of the decade! I've talked about it a bunch in other threads but Adachi makes some real good manga, and Touch is a fantastic adaption. It's slow-paced, but in a way that's very much deliberate. If not for the length I'd recommend it to everyone all the time. You might see baseball in the opening but don't be fooled! It's primarily about the characters, to the extent that the protagonist doesn't even play baseball until about 30 episodes in. The way I see it is, even if you hate baseball that's more than enough episodes to see if you find the cast endearing or not!

Alpenrose - A shoujo series set during World War II. It's the type of shoujo that's real melodramatic in the good way, and it was also fansubbed fairly recently so a lot of people don't know about it. Check it out!

Ginga Nagareboshi Gin - If you watch just the first and last episodes, you'll feel incredibly fulfilled with your life as those two episodes will contain the best dogs in anime.

i'm too easy, because all of these are now on my backlog.

also that ai city song is incredible and i'm going to need to watch that soon as well

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

For whatever reason MAL shows '87 for Dirty Pair: Project Eden but other sources say '86. No idea which to believe but it deserves a mention because it's the best piece of Dirty Pair media out there and can easily be watched as your intro to the series.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Paracelsus posted:

The final twist about the emperor seemed pretty neat to me at the time (when I was 16 or 17).

Hell yeah. The bad guy revelation in Escaflowne was the best random reveal of that era.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
The other day at work, a dude was watching Gurren Lagann on his lunchbreak. I accidentally let slip "oh, it must be before episode 8, because that guy is still alive." Then I start wondering what the expiration date on spoilers is. Then I wonder how old TTGL is.

The first anime I watched as it came out in Japan turns 10 this year.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That happened to me in 2014 :geno:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
a lot of anime are forgotten for a reason. i tried hi speed jecey for a few episodes and i don't think its incoherence was due to orphan's skills as a subber

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007
Back in the mid 90's I used to order fansubs and raw VHS tapes through a dude named Joe Sakamoto and we'd meet outside Atomic Comics for our nerdy drug-deal. Occasionally he would make a "mix/sample" tape that just had openings for various shows. Little did he know I probably watched/listened to those millions of times and just enjoyed the music.

Oh man, '96 was a stacked year.

Fushigi Yuugi was the first 48+ episode series I finished from start to end (not counting the OAVs). I remember being 13 and thinking how "mature" the story was. Not sure if I could sit through it all again but I have fond memories of it. Good OP theme.

Nurse Angel Ririka SOS. I only saw a couple of episodes (another sample tape) but the opening rocked too (can you see a pattern?).
The show itself had a grimmer tone than you would expect with the title.

VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fire. I dug the hell out of this show and was heartbroken that I collected all the episodes but my dealer didn't have the last two! I never knew how it ended until years later. Also introduced me to the whole series and one day I was able to watch more of the original series NG Knight Lamune & 40. It's sad the only exposure N.A. got of this series was the 40 Fresh OAV.
When I was in Japan in 2004 I tried asking some of the college students I hung out with if they knew about this series and no one, not even the fans of manga / anime, knew about it.

Evangelion, of course I watched it and the confusing and crazy last two episodes really made an impact on my teenage self. It led to a dark essay I wrote and gave to my English teacher who gave it back to me the next day and just said "That was nice..."

Urusei Yatsura. Have to admit I first started reading/watching this because I was a fan of Ranma 1/2 and boobs. The humor is a bit dated and rooted more in Japanese culture than her later works. Overall I'm pretty meh on it but I did buy the entire first season when it was released commercially on VHS.

Does anyone remember that Escaflowne, or a version of it, was on Fox Kids? I don't quite remember how they changed it, I feel like they skipped over the first episode or something. That was during the time Fox had a habit of taking shows with female protagonist and trying to make the focus more on the males. They did the same thing with Card Captor Sakura.

Did anyone else watch Macross 7? Fire Bomber are my Beatles and Yoshiki Fukuyama is my John Lennon. To this day I still listen to the music from the show and belt out the lyrics. My wife, to her chagrin, probably recognizes the music more than anyone else in the U.S.A. besides me.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I have really nothing useful to add beyond noting that the ending to Super Dimension Century Orguss is still loving weird even 30+ years later.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kuso Meriken posted:

Does anyone remember that Escaflowne, or a version of it, was on Fox Kids? I don't quite remember how they changed it, I feel like they skipped over the first episode or something. That was during the time Fox had a habit of taking shows with female protagonist and trying to make the focus more on the males. They did the same thing with Card Captor Sakura.

That's pretty much what happened. They skipped the first episode entirely, and only spliced in a few flashbacks to it around episode 4 or 5. They really wanted to make Van the main protag. And if I remember correctly, they never aired past the Battle of Fried because that was around the time "poo poo gets real" and the localization team realized the whole Dilandau plot twist which isn't something you would want to air on Fox Kids.

After watching the whole series subbed, I always wondered what they were thinking green lighting the show. It gets loving dark in the second half, and you get some crazy gruesome scenes (like when Escaflowne is getting repaired and Van is basically bleeding out while feeling everything they're doing to Escaflowne).

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

AlternateNu posted:

That's pretty much what happened. They skipped the first episode entirely, and only spliced in a few flashbacks to it around episode 4 or 5. They really wanted to make Van the main protag. And if I remember correctly, they never aired past the Battle of Fried because that was around the time "poo poo gets real" and the localization team realized the whole Dilandau plot twist which isn't something you would want to air on Fox Kids.

After watching the whole series subbed, I always wondered what they were thinking green lighting the show. It gets loving dark in the second half, and you get some crazy gruesome scenes (like when Escaflowne is getting repaired and Van is basically bleeding out while feeling everything they're doing to Escaflowne).

See, I saw it in Canada and they didn't skip that stuff as far as I can remember. The plot twist was that the bad guy was actually that one dude's sister all along right?

We did, however, get that one really bad original dub of DBZ and it was spectacular.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This isn't quite from 1986, but the oldest anime series I've watched was probably Tokimeki Tonight, which is from 1982-1983 (I'd have to wait 6 years to mention it otherwise). It's kind of interesting how its shoujo tropes differ from more modern shoujo/anime. Namely in the fact that the protagonist (and her competing love interest) is super bold/forward and will not leave the poor loving male love interest alone, to the point where I felt bad for the guy. Also how the male love interest is a total bro with a mullet of sorts and is more in line with the sort of male love interests you'd expect to see in American teen romances than modern shoujo.

One interesting thing is that it's the protagonist and her family who are vampires/monsters, rather than her love interest (who is a regular human). A lot of the plotlines/humor involve her trying to hide her true nature (which manifests as being able to transform into anyone she bites, which is a good vehicle for a bunch of hijinx). So it's a kind of neat reversal of the more typical "girl is swept into a fantastical world by means of her dreamy love interest", where instead she starts out part of the fantastical world and is trying to keep it hidden from her normal crush.

Either way, I liked it enough to watch the whole thing. So I guess I recommend it?

It also has a great ED - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM4Syuv4CTY
OP is also good, though not as good as the ED - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyI-p-re8Zs

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Nuebot posted:

We did, however, get that one really bad original dub of DBZ and it was spectacular.

The Ocean dub of DBZ was phenomenal just for Brian Drummond's Vegeta. The Gallick Gun v Kamehameha beam battle was awesome. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sinbad no bouken is nice.
Also adorable.

Its very close to the source material and I like it.

• Locked thread