Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

PokeJoe posted:

Link the dog burner

I don’t remember this Zelda game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I want to start my pooch pyre business

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
You're the ash now, dog.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

show me the fire

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I got a bicycle chain washer some time ago. I just did spring maintenance on my bike, and can confirm that it does, indeed, work (along with degreaser) for cleaning a bike chain.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

spechtie posted:

weird ali ad, with a picture of a possibly dead dog (I assumed they just used a picture of a sleeping one)

Dead dog aside, this isn't even what animal ashes even look like

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
They make human wigs out of animal hair, you don't want to know what animal ashes are made of

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
That still looks like a stock photo of a dog.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
AliExpress: link the dog burner

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

PokeJoe posted:

later she asked how much it cost. link the dog burner

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Incinerator-for-poultry-farms-waste-incineration_1600796054593.html

there's some great ad pictures in this corner of alibaba

spechtie fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 27, 2024

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

lmao holy poo poo

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
That's one hot doggo 🌭

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

This is fine.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I feel bad about chuckling at that but it seems like a business that lends itself to puns

“Stans Hot Dogs
Pet cremation service”

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

had to double check this one wasn't

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
Is Ali impugning my masculinity now

Only registered members can see post attachments!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Not all dogs go to heaven rear end product photo

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I assure you I am a real man, I'm not about to create fake zippers.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
This real man's chest purse doesn't have desert camo pattern made in kelvar how am I supposed to look man?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

stephenthinkpad posted:

This real man's chest purse doesn't have desert camo pattern made in kelvar how am I supposed to look man?

You accessorize on your own time, Real Man (tm)

KDdidit posted:

AliExpress: link the dog burner

My spoonerism brain likes this one

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Only fashion accessories a man needs are the medals he earned for his service.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

See, now this? This I appreciate.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

How long does it take for poo poo to clear customs? i ordered an SD2SNES, and it's "cleared customs" for about a week now, but there's no further update on the USPS tracking number.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
All you need to do is bring your swimming suit to Baltimore and you can pick it up yourself

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

This latest batch of tat purchased during the Big Sale is arriving pretty quickly, but there's less combining of packages and no updating the shipping info for the things they have combined. It results in an odd little mashup of the old-school "tons of little packages arriving separately" with the more recent "fairly prompt delivery." If anything I bought ends up worth a drat, I'll share it here, but most of it was "What else can I chuck in my cart to qualify for free shipping?" poo poo.

I did see what looked like a great travel pillow that supports the back of your neck and arms that comes up on either side of your head with "noise-canceling" earmuff-type hollows for your ears. It sounded great! Then I saw the price: something like $62 on sale. t:mad:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I keep feeling like the discounts got worse as the sale went on but I may just be imagining things. I spent a lot (waited until the very end trying to talk myself into it) but hopefully end up with some decent stuff. Some tools, some car accessory stuff, and a haul of junk for me and kids, etc.

I do find it funny though that we get kinda grumpy when things are still sort of expensive. Like “how dare you?!” I don’t know that there’s any correlation between quality and price on stuff like that though.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Sentient Data posted:

All you need to do is bring your swimming suit to Baltimore and you can pick it up yourself

all i had to do was post! I guess the USPS tracking number was never populated, because my order showed up in my mailbox yesterday afternoon.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I do find it funny though that we get kinda grumpy when things are still sort of expensive. Like “how dare you?!” I don’t know that there’s any correlation between quality and price on stuff like that though.
That same travel pillow is only $5 more on Amazon! Plus there's a 20-percent-off coupon, and another color that's half the price. Just goes to show that not absolutely everything on Ali is a steal, I guess.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

DRINK ME posted:

Getting a lot of use out of my cheap little phone-sized ereader. I still need to root it (or whatever the android equivalent of that is) to be able to kill the default Chinese apps but they aren’t bothering me. I have the first page with my apps and they’re all on the second page where I don’t see them.

KOreader app, which I’m using for my non-kindle reading - and so far it’s about 98% of all my use - is a bit of a beast options-wise because it has menus and menus in menus and more menus of tweaks and settings but once it’s setup it’s really nice. And once it's setup you can just hit "make current settings default" and you're done for all books.

How's this reader been treating you lately? I like the idea of the size, but I've heard sometimes the battery life isn't as great as some of the mainstream ereaders.

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806268389940.html

Also, whoever recommended the gyro exercise balls a few months back. Thanks. I've been playing around with those this week.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You can't just tell this hungry thread you enjoy playing with your balls and not post an animated gif!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Woz would be proud

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

By popular demand posted:

You can't just tell this hungry thread you enjoy playing with your balls and not post an animated gif!

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805872004673.html

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

They made another retro laptop model! This looks to be a smaller combination of the Book 8088 and the Hand 386. Hopefully it doesn't have any fatal flaws because I am dumb with money and had to buy one.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005542582463.html

Immediately I would wish for a physical volume control and an empty slot for internal ISA modules so that someone could develop a wifi module or sound blaster module around a modern microcontroller.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

r u ready to WALK posted:

They made another retro laptop model! This looks to be a smaller combination of the Book 8088 and the Hand 386. Hopefully it doesn't have any fatal flaws because I am dumb with money and had to buy one.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005542582463.html

Man if this was in the $150 range I would have instantly bought it.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It will most likely drop in price if they have a steady supply of the required chips. The book 8088 has dropped to that price range now that supply is higher than demand. They are probably dirt cheap to produce since they're put together with basically e-waste.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I love this form factor. I would buy an Androne phone with this narrow keyboard form factor. The other day I was checking and only a niche Linux phone offer hinged keyboard (Pinephone). Supposedly the software support is bad.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I just had such a powerful ping go off in my brain looking at that picture. When I was 12 I saved up odd jobs for almost a year to buy a used laptop off eBay, and because I was saving money and couldn’t buy any entertainment, I would spend all my time scouring eBay to understand the market to make sure I got a good deal when I could finish saving. I ended up with an old thinkpad that didn’t have a working battery but still lives in my dreams today.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I just checked and that's about the price of a refurbished i5 laptop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
The OPL3 module is behind a trap door, so if AdLib with Sound Blaster emulation isn’t good enough for you it’s likely someone will make a Sound Blaster clone on a RPi or whatever at some point.