Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Invisible Handjob posted:

I've gotten lucky with this site a couple times but consumer protections are horrible on it and I got burned p bad once

if I want to buy cheap stuff from China now I usually just pay a tiny bit more and get it off eBay and generally have a better experience

80% of the time it's the sane stuff from the same sellers, so yeah if you're willing to pay the eBay protection markup go ahead

There's an app called Wish that's almost nothing but AliExpress stuff, FYI

I bought some gothy boots from AE once, they're awesome. I had to let them air out in the garage for like a week because of who-knows-what gives that awful chemical stink, but the smell is gone and the boots are rad

Don't buy makeup or toothbrushes or anything like that from AE or wish, it's fake and might kill you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
A lot of the makeup is produced alongside real stuff that goes to MAC counters and is sold as legit MAC prices
The difference is MAC orders a run of say, 50,000 pieces. Those are made under the watchful eyes of MAC representatives and also the factory representives, because the factory likes the money. Everything is clean, the ingredients are carefully sourced, etc. So people rarely get eye infections from a real MAC shadow.

After the run is over, though, and tnr MAC guys go to their hotels and count the hours til they can go home, the factory slams into overdrive, trying to produce another 20k-30k units in one night, before they start on whatever official job tomorrow. The factory higher ups may or may not be there, may or may not know, but either way, gently caress it. Don't have time to clean the tanks, oh look a rat fell in that one, oh well, we're out of black pigment from the MAC people, drag in those barrels of "pigment" we found by the side of the highway.

The sleeves are faked elsewhere, in some cases the containers are too. That doesn't stop people from buying that stuff. Well-off local people who know what's up tend to try to purchase the very first knockoffs of a batch, since they have less rat pigment and lead and poo poo in them. Then a wave of whatever was faked slowly spreads out across Asia, down into India, over into the middle east, if it wasn't specifically reserved for online selling.

I find it fascinating because people will always find a way to do poo poo like this.

But yeah don't buy makeup. Some people risk the makeup brushes and do okay, I would just.. Sterilize them if you do that.

Also if you buy dongs and such from aliexpress, you're likely to get a chemical stinkdong that burns the skin on your wrist, never mind your more sensitive areas. I learned that one via Amazon, too. It was like a dong-shaped chemical weapon

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I didn't insert it anywhere. The stink was so bad, there was no way.

I rubbed it on my wrist to see what would happen. What happened was the skin got red and angry. Super glad I have a sense of smell.

I reported it to the BBB. Hopefully whoever read that report got a good laugh.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Today's surprise present from November 2016 me is an example of other favorite thing, aside from the prices.

(On mobile can't tell how big it is sorry if super huge)

Shoestrings are sexy lingerie! Lingeries! Maybe the manufacturers think we use super-long shoestrings as butt floss that can be untied sexily. Idk

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

numberoneposter posted:

also they will give you rashes just a heads up

You're supposed to wash most clothing before you wear it. Not just aliexpress stuff.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Also why is this $174
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32633003158.html#autostay

Knockoffs are supposed to be cheap

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah, clothing has crap on it that makes it easier to store and resist wrinkling, you should always wash that crap out before wearing

I don't mean nice stuff, I mean everyday stuff made in China or w/e

Scuse me if I wash this magic crap out along with god knows what weird poo poo

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Professor Shark posted:

You should wash "nice" things too

Well poo poo no wonder my lulumon gear isn't getting the other lulumon clad moms to talk to me

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

My phone asked for permission to use the camera just by clicking that link I swear to God haha

Mine doesn't ask for any permission, and neither does the aliexpress app, which you should all be using because the prices are cheaper on there as some kind of never ending promo. Did it happen multiple times?

Also the Chinese New Year starts in 9 days and no one does poo poo or gently caress during that, so order stuff now and hope it gets mailed if you want it before March.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I haven't gotten stickers for my kid because I'm concerned the adhesive will be made of piss and arsenic tbh

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Hug in a Can posted:

advice for men reading gbs:
I like to buy 2-3 women's scarves and save them with gift bags so whenever I want to give a gift to a lady in my life, I'm prepared :cool:
dating a girl? have a mom? want to leave a good impression on someone's birthday? get a couple of these and everyone will be like "oh my goodness how did you know my style!!!"
and you'll be like ":cool: im just a cool dude."

similarly, check out these baller classic art socks. public domain and fresh to D E A T H. if someone got me the klimt kiss socks I'd kiss 'em, too. luckily I have my own money *kisses self*

also, I searched for "cute" and I regret it, a lot :cry:

Burnout velvet scarves are another good gift, and they fill in most of the gaps for people who don't like more traditional patterns with flowers and poo poo. And there are a ton of them to choose from. Many of them aren't gothy-single-shade-and-that-shade-is-black, too.

These would be great if you happen to know what color(s) someone likes to wear. Or just order a couple black ones. I'd be thrilled to receive one of the black ones. Also the golden brown and teal, but most people who know me will know only that I'd love the black one.

Larger shawls are another good general gift idea, although Aliexpress sellers have 'scarf,' 'shawl,' and 'kimono' all confused, as well as occasionally thinking 'kimono' just means 'women's shirt.'

Shawl/kimono #1
Mostly just a kimono
Shawl/kimono #2
Shawl/kimono #3
holy poo poo here's one with a star pattern
For your festival-going neice (i would wear it too)

A lot of smaller, cheaper things make neat little gifts too, like Chinese folding fans. I got my (teenage) nieces a couple of these kitty-face fans and they loved them.

Armwarmers are another good gift, you can get plain, thin ones, thicker ones that are maybe actually knitted, printed ones, all kinds.

Lightweight, super long, buncha colors
Elbow-length, warmer, still like 7 colors
Longer warm ones
Different shorter warm ones that look like less of a pain in the rear end to use your hands while wearing
Sexy armwarmers!

Shorter armwarmers, basically longish fingerless gloves

luv 2 date boys posted:

seriously I want to buy more Chinese clothes but the sizing makes no goddamn sense. I normally wear a small in the US but these charts keep telling me I need a Chinese large or extra large. Someone link me a wikihow on this poo poo or something

A lot of the products have a size chart, go by it. If they don't, the rule of thumb is to go up two sizes.

Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but ePackets are the way to go. They get here a hell of a lot faster than the other methods. If you're searching for a specific thing, try to find a listing with free shipping specifically via ePacket.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Professor Shark posted:

Goon men don't have friends to give gifts to

Relatives?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Well look one of those links has an all-orange scarf to hide Cheeto dust okay that's the best I can do okay

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

WrenP-Complete posted:

You guys, the FABRICS.
:swoon:

I KNOW. I haven't had the cash to buy any but someday (when I have a sewing machine again) I'm going to make the most voluminous burnout velvet maxi skirt. Or skater / circle skirt. Or both.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Never bought from here before because the prices seemed suspicious.

But no make up, no electronics. is the jewelry ok? What can I trust from china?

I want the cat coin machine but that would be very useless :(

Entertainment is not useless!

Makeup brushes are OK, though usually lower quality than whatever they're knockoffs of, you just gotta sanitize them before use. Things like brush holders and scrubbers are useful. Jewerly is fine unless you're extra sensitive, and even then you can use clear nail polish to coat the parts that touch your skin and usually you'll be fine. You can also find jewelry that's supposedly free of irritants, including nickel. In my experience (I've bought a lot of settings and such since I do the handmade jewelry thing) that's accurate about 70% of the time, and you get your $ back if it's not.

Clothing is okay, although you need to pay attention to the size charts / size up if the sizes are Chinese. Don't buy casual/lounge/sports bras if you're busty, they don't seem to produce any level of support beyond "covers the tits."

I wash everything before I wear it, because China.

Honestly, electronics, toys your kid may put in their mouth, and makeup are the only big no-no's. And plenty of people buy the makeup, knowingly or otherwise, and are fine. Sometimes particularly nasty batch of something will cause skin/eye infection (testing of counterfeit cosmetics usually turns up animal and human feces), but the bigger worry is absorption of heavy metals over time. Testing usually shows super-high amounts of those.

Pick posted:

I have a quoted section in the OP that is all jewelry I've purchased and like a bunch!

I go against common wisdom and I do actually buy some makeup there. I am not personally dead at this time, but it's probably not a good idea.

Eh I just realized the Benefit Erase Paste (a thing that goes on the delicate skin of my under eyes, for those who don't know) that I've been using for like two years is counterfeit. I'm not dead. Unhappy, but not dead. It's my own fault, too, I received it with some other fake minis in a set from Amazon, kept them for reference, and somehow the erase paste got in my personal "to try" basket. Freaked me out, but thanks to Amazon preserving order details forever, I was able to ascertain I hadn't sold any of the fake poo poo, which was my real concern.

I probably have slightly higher levels of lead & similar in my body than I would otherwise. I still am gonna discourage people from doing it, but not gonna judge you.

Now I'm curious. What do you use that's from AE? How's the quality? Would you be able to tell it was fake, if any of it is knockoffs of authentic products?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

I need the all-silver one immediately.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
After-runs are usually branded, almost always a "higher end" (not drugstore) brand. MAC, Urban Decay, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Tarte, whatever's popular right now. Browsing makeup on Wish or Mercari will tell you real fast what's being copied, because there will be $65 palettes for $20, and things like obvious (if you know what you're looking for) packaging errors, like this:

The real one has gold on the lids of the model, the fake doesn't. The fake also doesn't have the right texture for 7 of the shadows, which is why sellers that use their own pics do better than those that use stock. This one isn't an after-run, or the shadows would at least appear the same.

My other favorite thing counterfeiters do that gives them away is when they invent products that don't actually exist. Urban Decay has 4 Naked palettes, plus 3 Naked Basics palettes and 1 Ultimate Basics (or something) palette.

You can easily find Naked 5 & Naked 6 palettes on Mercari, Wish, AE, etc. And "Naked 3" brush sets, which doesn't make sense if you know the brand.

Similarly, Tarte has 2 "Tartelette" palettes. Wish has up to Tartelette 6 already.

Also fun, sometimes they'll take one of those massive 120 shade shadow palettes and stick "MAC" on the front. MAC doesn't make those, and if they did, they'd be a couple hundred bucks. But lucky you, you can get them on Amazon for $20!

That's something I don't think a lot of people realize, how many 3rd party sellers on Amazon also have Wish/Aliexpress storefronts, because they are in China, selling bootlegs. Most of the non-brand clothing on Amazon is from China. Might as well save the markup and cut out the middleman.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Teikanmi posted:

it's getting awfully chick-ish up in this poo poo

Shhh it's okay I know it's past nap time, here, put on these new jammies

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Justin Godscock posted:

What I don't get is I bought someone off EBay, shipped from China and it arrived not even a week later. Meanwhile, something I bought from Alibaba took six weeks to arrive from China.

China's mail is subsidized, whatever you bought from eBay has a faster shipment method.

For example, those shoestrings I ordered in early Nov were supposed to arrive by Dec 28th. I gave them some extra time, then contacted them on Jan 16th or so. They said they'd send out a replacement order.

I got the second order today. Six business days later.

Teikanmi posted:

Hey man these factory workers don't work for free

lol @ this triggered goon

Have you been near Lowtax lately? If so, this "not getting a joke" poo poo might be contagious.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Pick posted:

Did you see the false eyelashes I posted? so purdy....

Yes! I'm slightly paranoid about putting them on my eyeball borders but they're still at the top of my cart for when I order again. I figure, my eyes get sensitive from and sore from regular eye shadow that is not counterfeit, so I can wear them without eye makeup and therefore test them.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I got a third set of shoelaces in the mail
Does anyone need 200 cm shoelaces in black or purple

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Pick posted:

Yikes, what was the listing?

Via Amazon, but straight from China, from a huge distributor or manufacturer, never been able to discern which. Used them before.

I thought I might get faster shipping if I used Amazon, lmao. So much for that. They were also $1 cheaper than anywhere on AE (they're super long)

I was gonna link but the listing is gone, if I check via my order it says "This item is out of stock." I can see dark purple being out of stock, but black?

Maybe they're out of stock because they sent everyone triplicate orders?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
F'real though, anyone needs shoe / boot laces, or hell corset laces, I gotcha covered

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

That70sHeidi posted:

OMFG I'm gonna make so much money selling washi tape and stickers at Xmas church craft fairs!!! I take it this is wher Etsy sellrs get thir kawaiiiiii poo poo?

I am positive if I have a wickr basket of just the Made in America tins at th craft show/flea market, someone will buy the poo poo out of them; made in and shipped from China.

I'm still going through craft stuff I can resell but check out this GORGEOUS feathr washi tape.

A ton of Etsy poo poo is from AE. I used to have "collections" on Etsy that were all the same thing, but Etsy periodically nukes those lists lmao

The one for that "steam punk octopus ONE OF A KIND" had over 400 items saved to it. The "tiny wishbone necklace" one was near 200.

A lot of these sellers cut out the middleman and just straight sell on Etsy, too. They threw a collective fit a while ago when they learned of the new "really for real only handmade" store, Zibbet, and were promptly banned from selling after signing up. It was great.

A lot of the supplies are straight from these AE suppliers and manufacturers, too. Sometimes I wish I didn't have a conscious.

People will swarm over those tins. A couple might put then back if you don't peel off the "Made in China" stickers, though.

Also, if you get washi tape, share the quality, please. I use a lot of that poo poo to package items I've sold, so people can easily tear the padding open. I'm worried AE washi tape will have toxic adhesive or be much more sticky than regular washi tape.

I erased it on accident and I'm not finding it again because mobile, but that little plastic bag heat sealer works pretty well. I use it to reseal bags of three thousand little beads, keep them from going everywhere.

It does much hotter than it needs to, so
It takes some time to learn how yo use it. It actually has a rudimentary child safety feature, a piece that clamps it shut.

Over There posted:

Is this like the Wish app?

Basically the same thing. Same sellers, for the most part. I always check both, it's a toss-up which one will have an item for less, when shipping is taken into account.

Pekinduck posted:

Pays for itself.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/percocet-10-325-tdp-punch-die-mold-for-tablet/250307251.html

Edit: Dhgate is incapable of producing a working link, search for "Percocet"

lmao lovely, stamp that fentanyl-and-baking-soda mixture into a hundred Percs and kill some people.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Feb 1, 2017

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Snowy posted:

Anyone know how the sizing usually works? If I want a US men's large that's like 3XL isn't it? I bought a 3XL tshirt in Korea that was a large on the small side.

Also here's something :nws: that should probably be seen

Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/yuiy2aQZ

Seconding 2-3 sizes smaller, some companies are helpful enough to have size charts. They can help you figure out how high you need to err.

I love the Engrish on this site. "Explane," like they were trying to think of "explore," but couldn't, and said gently caress it.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

freelop posted:

Regular masturbation not doing it for you anymore?
Try adding spikes!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32733198268/32733198268.html

What you mean that's not what the inside of a vaginal canal is supposed to look like?

I need to call my gyno

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Pick posted:

gonna put a jason statham head on the end of my hitachi magic wand

Seriously considering getting one for the top of my dress form

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

King Vidiot posted:

How'd you miss the best pin?

Haha someone on DePop had been selling those as "vintage 70's." Getting $12-$15 each.

Why do all the Aliexpress links have six thousand ones and zeroes in them?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Beekeeping and You posted:

:negative: Found something I bought for 5 dollars on etsy for 1.69. I've been had!

(it was this [url=]https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-Women-Natural-Stone-Pendant-Necklaces-Triangle-Black-Pink-Purple-Gem-Stone-Necklace-Collars-Collier/32753799666.html[/url]

Honestly be glad it was $15 or $30. I bought a couple of things off Etsy back in the day before I realizes where a lot of it was coming from and learned to check eBay/AliExpress, and some of it was around $20. For me.

I'm not surprised there are other liars on DePop, Mercari is already filled with people selling knockoff poo poo. DePop has higher standards, but as long as looks legit, they look into it unless prompted.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Rambling Robot posted:

I just made an $1 order to test the site, and I'm listed on the item page like this:

X*****x X******x

Where the x-es are letters in my name. People can easy guess my first first name and maybe even my last name. Creepy. Glad I just bought an owl sticker and not the giant butt plug after all.

Not only that, but some sellers don't really understand that people want their names kept private. They'll post "John Smith very good buyer, no trouble, happy lunar new year" on those beads you bought, be they necklace beads or rear end beads.

lilljonas posted:

How much do you go to capitalist hell if you order cheap knock-offs from AliExpress?

Capitilast hell is uhhh utopia isn't it?
Worry about bad chemicals, that's all.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Sigh, I gotta find a better way to order from these places. Half my order got shipped, the other half got cancelled due to non-payment. It was all purchased at the same time, on a VISA gift card.

Are you in the US? I've used Visa gift cards for all my large orders (Up over $150, once or twice) and not had this issue. You're registering the cards online first, right? Gotta make sure those zip codes match.

Other than that.. Might just be the sellers. The big orders were from specialists in either jewelry components or packaging & shipping materials, I imagine they're less cautious than the sellers who deal with every high American with a spare few dollars. And people buying speciality stuff are going to want to be able to do so again, I would think. I know, from being one. Whereas people ordering once are more likely to try and cheat.

Good luck.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

i dont want to get a visa gift card for the nth time am i gonna get fraudhacked

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...1935739506.html

Probably not. I do that with any large online purchase, to limit my spending. I've used my visa debit through my bank, too, no issues. My almost-MIL keeps getting her card info stolen and used to buy random poo poo and a lot of Google Play credits, but that's been happening for years and she's never bought from AE so I can't see them being related.

(my theory is a shady dating site)

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Has anyone bought shoes or a fitness watch? Would those be of decent quality? Im looking for cheap running shoes. Im also trying to amass a good enough order on aliexpress. right now i have just s sailor moon backpack.... how are you guys finding the weird poo poo?

And just for the financially conscious where you cheap ladies buying your clothes at?

I bought some gothy kner-high platforms about a year ago, out of curiosity. Look like this:

They're surprisingly high-quality and comfortable. They were $35 shipped, and the equivalent from one of the barely decent quality gothy shoemakers would be $80-$90. Quality like this would be more like $110-$130. They have this great gray plaid lining and everything.

The only difference in experience is that they stank when they arrived. Horrible chemical plasticy smell. But I sat then in the garage for a few days and it went away. They've held up better than a pair of Demonia combat boots, and Demonia is one of the big brands for gothy footwear. They're also about a billion times more comfortable.

Usually I find weird poo poo when looking for mundane things. Get the app and browse while in bed, maybe?

I don't really buy clothing from AE, the sizing poo poo is too much. I'm a 1X in US sizes, so I'm like a 4X in AE sizes. Most cool things don't go that large. Except corsets, for some reason.

I did buy a couple shirts years ago, they were marked 1X, and were cut so that my tits pulled front of the shirts up about six inches. They were.. I don't know the name of the style. The girls cut. Not babydoll tees, but women's T's. They don't know how to cut for big boobs.

Ohhh yeah I did get a pair of "mermaid" leggings, but they weren't holographic so I returned them. They were marked 2X, but fit. Generally, there's a size chart.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
That has to be aimed at whoever it is that rents out massive pools.

Possibly also places where in-ground pools aren't practical. Weather that would blow sand or dirt into the water to the point where it would gently caress up the filtering equipment, or something. I don't know.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

1. AE really loves knocking off the Etsy Witch aesthetic, and I don't blame them. 600+ orders, I recently saw this shirt on Dollskill, which means it hasn't been out that long.

2. Why would you take a picture of yourself in a halter and undies and post it on Ali loving express

Bored posted:

So, what's the likelihood of getting lots of unwanted emails from shady companies of I sign up to start a cart on the aliexpress app?

I used a random side email, haven't gotten any extra spam that I know of.

I did use one with my real name set as the name, which might have helped? They might flag for poo poo like "Your Mom" or w/e

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I'm always losing tweezers too. I ordered ten packs of mini tweezers that are copies of a set Sephora had at one point, and Walgreen's copied. Four different tip types per pack.

95 cents per pack, free ePacket. Now I can yank out all my eyebrow hairs without loving up my nail polish

I've only opened four packs, too. I've included two in beauty product orders that were big enough to warrent more than just a couple single-use samples, and if I have an order that doesn't really tell me what kind of samples / goodies the person would like, it's bath stuff & a single set of tweezers in a fancy paper bag

Got some nail file sets on the way for the same reason. Hopefully they're as good as most things I've gotten from AE.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Pick posted:

I don't know if I'm just an unnaturally good Aliexpress shopper but nothing I've bought from there has been complete poo poo. There were one or two things I overpaid for, relative to what I know I could get now on AE, but that's about it. Oh! The digital camera. That was the one thing.

I think the worst thing I've bought is the mermaid leggings that turned out to be NOT holographic. Which I should have honestly known was gonna happen. Might be forgetting something though.

cyberia posted:

I bought these lights from AliExpress a year or two ago and use them when I have photo shoots to do. They came with a bag for the backdrop and stands and have worked without fault ever since. Not bad for $100.

I bought a smaller lighbox setup a few years ago, paid through the rear end on Amazon. There's an improved version from the same manufacturer for $19 on AE. drat, I paid $40 or $50.

It's good, even the not-improved version. I had to construct some tents or whatever they're called, umbrellas? For the lights. But now they come with them. The lights get super loving hot, though. Fast. To the point where I go through the hassle of turning off all three while I switch items.

Seriously though, soft folding light box, four backgrounds, three lights, carrying case. Haven't had to replace a bulb, either. Good deal if you need a lightbox.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Has anyone used iDEAL for payment? I want stickers but I don't want to go through the effort of finding a Visa giftcard, I don't even know if they sell them here in my country.

Apparently it's the most-used online payment system for the Netherlands. I found this, though:

"While the transactions themselves are widely considered to be safe, iDEAL transactions could technically be regarded as cash payments between customers and suppliers, to which the bank is no party and offers no insurance. This means that iDEAL payments cannot be reversed when, for example, a webshop fails to deliver.[4] If a user suspects fraud, their only option to get paid money back, is to make a case with their bank, in which the burden of proof lies with the customer and results are unsure."

So go with AE sellers with high rankings and you should be fine. You're probably fine with any seller, since you can go over their head to AE support, but given that they have a slam book website, I rru to avoid doing that.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Bornpretty is just AE stuff marked up. Half the polishes I've ordered from AE & Wish came with Born Pretty labeling.

The sparkly/duochrome polishes are good (for crafting, I haven't tried them on my fingers or toes). Only issue is, sometimes they're a gel so metallic you have to sponge it on, and it takes 10 layers. Super pretty, but I wouldn't do it for a temporary effect.

Also what the hell do you use to get gel polish out of a sponge?!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Neurolimal posted:

Have you seen these around AE?

http://www.bornprettystore.com/bottle-born-pretty-chameleon-nail-polish-varnish-black-base-color-needed-p-24882.html

http://www.bornprettystore.com/10ml-born-pretty-chameleon-starry-nail-varnish-polish-friendly-bpc003-black-base-color-needed-p-37719.html

BP prices aren't bad, but its a bit hard for them to beat the 1.50-3.00 AE polishes cost.

Outside elbow grease? Probably some lacquer thinner to dissolve the gel, if your sponge can handle it (and you have rubber gloves).

AE sellers seem to have caught on to the fact that BP stuff sells, for example:
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/327...7bbf05#autostay

Wish used to have much better prices, I don't know if they still do. It's been about a year since I bought the ones I have. I do have either that exact green, or a dupe. I'll dig it out and see what the label says.

Another issue is, "color changing," "duochrome," "multichrome," "chameleon," etc also bring up thermal polishes. On both Wish and AE. You have to be willing to browse around, which I should have mentioned.

For those prices, you might as well order Dance Legend from their direct site. I didn't know they'd gone up that much, my apologies.

timefly posted:

Yeah it was bornpretty. I guess you shouldn't use face makeup from either place then huh? I'm just starting to learn how to use makeup at 29. Guess I'll check out the makeup thread

In general, the makeup isn't a good idea. Usually the quality is way off, and there are contamination issues to worry about. Some people get gross eye/skin infections. Even if you don't, there's the heavy metal absorption to worry about.

The makeup thread is rad, lots of helpful people. I didn't get into makeup properly (beyond the occasional drugstore shadow) until I was 25. There's always time to catch up.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Synthbuttrange posted:

I got my pins, necklace and this bracelet in the mail today!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Art...0608.0.0.pxxtLr

I'm trying it on and noticing it's giving off really strong fumes and I'm getting really nauseous

Synthbuttrange posted:

help I cant get the clasp undone

Stick it out in a grageish area to air out.

Might have to replace the clasp. I've had to do that.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Ooh I need that knitwear fixer. Someone yell at me in a couple weeks to buy it (I'll get you one too maybe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Improbable Lobster posted:

I should open a dispute, right

You could message the seller and ask what's up, but that's an option, not a requirement. They may have invalidated the shipping labels, then A. Printed a new batch and shipped without updating the tracking, or B. spaced it. If B, they'll give you a shitload of extras in an attempt to buy a good review.