Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

A guy at work has one of these for an emergency $20. It’s not a bad idea really.

“I’m not a coke addict I swear! Check this out”
rolled-up $20 falls out, everyone starts hootin and hollerin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I got one of these on eBay and it turbofucked my recommendations for a while

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Got all my aliexpress orders, gonna post some customer images once I can be bothered to take them. The android head unit from banggood is still stuck somewhere :(

If you ever wondered how the Chinese actually recycle our trash, well, they put it in shoes and sell it back to us:

excuse me, link please

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

PathAsc posted:

Is the payment system down for everyone? I finally got a chance to order and can't buy things

There’s some obtuse verification setting that may be broken for you. I definitely had that the first time I tried to order. (I also know someone will be more helpful than this.)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Alright, who was the turd who made all of my AE links Italian?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mark of the beast is clearly a maga hat

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Shut up Meg posted:

I've got to agree: great price and they seem very practical.
The only issue is that they can look a bit tacti-tard, especially in an urban rather than rural location, but they are great for all that poo poo that wouldn't fit in trouser pockets, yet would get lost in a backpack.

This one looks a lot less boxy than the images: I think they stuff cardboard in them for the photos to get the shape. I much prefer the actual, softer look.

This same style is ~$8 on amazon if you don’t want to wait

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I ordered stuff a few days ago and a few weeks ago and it seems to be shipping alright (even getting my first package from the Feb orders). Must be store by store who has inventory and shipping capability.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Re: everyone's packages taking so long, I've had something on order from the states to Canada that was supposed to have shipped two and a half weeks ago. My guess is that it's stuck in customs, since customs is super busy dealing with other COVID19-related stuff. That's probably also what's happened to AliExpress packages.

I think it’s a combination of that and air freight prices spiking because there’s no room in passenger plane cargo bays because those planes aren’t flying rn

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ante posted:

One of my friends need one for... DMT I think?

He did his research online first, and then he just walked into a nearby gas station and said, "Hey! You got any crack pipes?" And the clerk pull one out from behind the counter.

Yah DMT requires one of those

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I like: Update on the electrical burns from the muscle stimulator

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I had a bunch of stuff that I ordered in March just stuck in China, anybody else?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

Well the big difference is to me is that I'd rather not give bezos a cut if I don't have to

EBay? I’m also waiting on half a dozen things I ordered months ago, two of them actually updated recently so who can say?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I just got another thing I ordered mid-March, I’m 3/8 right now

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Woo, just had another thing trickle in that I ordered just shy of 4 months ago

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Humphreys posted:

This is getting tedious...

lol it hasn’t even been a month

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yippee cahier posted:

US $12.70 35% Off | Adult Long Raincoat Men Women Impermeable Rainwear EVA Black Outdoor Hiking Travel Waterproof Hooded Rain Coat Poncho Thickened
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d6465NW

Hell yes, rain awareness crew checking in

Death Stranding 2 looking v photorealistic

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I've seen the non-knockoff versions of those and they look fine in a thumbnail but are very shoddy trash up close. I'd be all in on one of those that has the exact same feel and materials as a cab, but it's all stickers on gutter plastic.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

Golkar sounds like a Voltron general's name.

And Voltron also sounds like a battery company.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Nice try with the recommendation poisoning links

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I wish you could get stuff like that with better material. That's rad but it's all plasticky and makes a ton of static electricity

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Not feeling optimistic about my package:

Prohibited items,destroyed in sorting center

quote:

2021-04-02 19:31:45 [GMT+8]

Parcel has been destroyed in return warehouse.

2021-04-02 19:31:45 [GMT+8]

Inbound failure in sorting center

2021-04-01 14:46:26 [GMT+8]

Accepted by carrier

2021-04-01 14:46:26

Exception parcel handling in sorting center

2021-04-01 14:46:26 [GMT+8]

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Humphreys posted:

What did you buy? One of my customs strikes was lasers that were way too powerful for what they were 'rated' at.

Buncha fox bones and a turtle shell. This was destroyed in China too, didn’t even make it to the US.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's remnants from their fur industry. Either the bones get cleaned and sold or they get ground up for animal feed

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

Oh well that makes it just fine then

It's not changing the demand for fox fur, so it settles into the background radiation of "there is no ethical consumption under capitalism", no?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Does anyone have an explanation for Aliexpress sellers sending rechargable batteries in flashlights? I ordered this set of 4 USB rechargable batteries, and they came inside two flashlights. This is not the first time this has happened, so I'm wondering about the reason - is there some restriction on sending batteries that does not apply to "flashlight, batteries included"?

I'm pretty sure loose L-Ion batteries need special packaging, which may cost more than the flashlight. In Compliance mag (a real page turner I'm sure) says they're two different shipping categories:

quote:

Transporting lithium batteries are organized by packaging instructions (PI) numbers. The most common designations include:

PI 965—Loose Li-ion cells and packs (UN 3480)
PI 966 and 967—Li-ion with/in equipment
(UN 3481)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Heffer posted:

Can you do customized merch from AliExpress? How is it?

I bought an oil painting reproduction of a Degas, turned out really really well.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's not a good review unless it's in-depth

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I'm still lolling at the permanently wet panties. That sounds like a late season Jenna Maroney and Paul I forgethislastname sexual walkabout plot joke.

It's Paul Lastname (pronounced last-nah-mé)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

All the stores do. Even if you find a store that's all hammers and sickles and Lenins, they'll have plenty of swastikas and runes to balance it out.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Chemmy posted:

Amex doesn’t care at all. File a claim under purchase protection.

PayPal might ban their card or whole account though. They do not like chargebacks.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

BasicLich posted:

I almost bought some of these knockoffs because I heard they were comfortable and to a shoe they look like absolute poo poo. Are there any good comfortable knockoffs that won't make me look out of touch?

The Balenciaga sock shoes are v comfy

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

everdave posted:

Link? I wear my white Yeezys more often lately than anything. Super comfortable. I wore them today with my kid on a field trip and it turns out the arena we were in had clay dirt floors I thought they’d be ruined but they wiped off just fine it was packed down well.

They're like these (but with Balenciaga instead of Fashion, you can see which one from the review photos) but the stores I've ordered from are all closed: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003325030821.html

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

A 6" or 8" pipe wrench is also an unexpected MVP for dealing with almost anything rounded you need to get a grip on or hold steady.

Definitely finishes on the podium for stripping the nuts in the first place too

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I got my Yeezy Boosts and they are comfortable. Unlike a few of the other fake shoes I've picked up, these ones feel like real shoes and the fake foot locker receipt was from a store right by my house lol.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Amphigory posted:

Also, does anyone know where I can find this:

https://www.aelfriceden.com/products/aelfric-eden-distressed-printed-skeleton-hooded-vest

No chance I am paying that money to a lovely reseller - rather go right to the source…

And same question for this “”watch””:

Have you tried searching by photo? It's really hit or miss, but has come through for me in a pinch

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

engessa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_matYB5rdZA

Seems the same one as in the listing.

The one linked from this guy's video is being sold for nearly three hundred US Dollars.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Doctor Butts posted:

So how y'all doing with those knockoff Yeezys you fawned over for dozens of pages?

:lol:

Still comfy as gently caress tyvm

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

But if you want to live dangerously with something that doesn't go inside you, how about medical equipment? A CPAP mask for $30, about 1/4 the price you'd pay from a medical professional. What's the worst that could happen? Suffocation???

Lol, your mouth opens and you breathe through that. Also lol at judging things based on how expensive they are from predatory medical supply shops; aspirin should cost $10 a pill because that's how much hospitals bill you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

SirPablo posted:

"squeeze out beautiful flowers"

You don't poop through one of these?