Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The chicken nuggets are disturbingly real irl but the single French fries are harder to read as a single fry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

US Postal Inspectors conducted a maritime assault to arrest Steve Bannon on his boat

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

That seems pretty pricey for something that can be replicated by a slip of paper.

Why should I get pricey house numbers when I can just carve my address into my front door with a free kitchen knife?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

If you want a functional version of one of those, get a friend w a fabric printer to print it on stretchy mesh. My wife and I have a bunch of our faces and they're hilarious and terrifying, like Goldeneye 64 versions of ourselves

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Ethics_Gradient posted:

As someone who wanted to get an AirTag as a poor man’s LoJack for my motorbike, my understanding is that it’s trivially easy for anyone with an iPhone to detect if there’s an AirTag (as part of Apple’s “don’t use this for stalking” policy)

It takes three days for a notification to pop up (and only on iPhones). That's not to say a cop will actually go help you get your bike back, but it's not useless

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah there's a big ring of ebike thieves here in NY and there are stories about how the owners will follow the trackers to an apartment building but the cops won't do anything about it. In one instance, they just mobbed up a bunch of delivery riders and stormed the apartment that was full of stolen bikes.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

Did this actually happen or it's a NYC uber eat delivery guy's fantasy?

https://www.theverge.com/22667600/delivery-workers-seamless-uber-relay-new-york-electric-bikes-apps

Videoed too

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

What is the reason why a lot of sites don't let you use image search unless you're using their mobile site or app? Are they making the assumption that you will search using a photo you take with your phone and want to harvest the EXIF data?

Phone data is way more valuable than computer data

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Good luck, the import fees are several times the cost of the actual car. Not sure if this was posted itt before but it's a good summary,

Rude of them to not just put "Stationary - $1" on the customs forms

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

XYZAB posted:

Has anyone here ever bought a bed frame or something similar to this on Wayfair, and if so, how did it turn out? Both in terms of its build quality and your quality of sleep?

Just get a Zinus frame at that price and you won't have to bust out a tig welder if things go south

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

norp posted:

I've used B9000 (or was it b7000) that I originally bought to glue a screen back on a phone to glue hard disk magnets to things with pretty good results.

Way better than CA glues and easier to work with

The name brand version of these is E6000, king of craft glue, which I also recommend, unless your pieces are rubber.

Also there's this all-time resource: https://thistothat.com

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

codo27 posted:

One of the great tragedies of Amazon's success is that it happened in spite of what a piece of poo poo website it actually is.

Ma Bell didn't have the best telephone network. Standard Oil didn't have the best oil refining. Stands to reason Amazon would be bad for actually ordering products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

The additional three digits weren't anything like my +4, and were right before my ZIP in the tracking number, not after it. Like I said, :iiam:.

e: And I misspoke: they were prepended to the tracking number.

Almost every mailbox has a unique number: it's your ZIP+4 with a three digit number. You can figure it out if you decode the little orange trinary barcode on your mail. Maybe it's that?