Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I order poo poo from aliexpress every few months and I got a couple of christmas gifts on there... a tip: look for listings with reviews that have pictures of the items. it helps so much, especially with so many duplicate listings like pick said.

I'm still waiting on some screw spikes for my jacket :mad:

I only had an issue with something being wonky once and I got a refund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

aaahh thank you

Blue Train posted:

This will be perfect to kill those birds that keep stealing the squirrels food

:agreed:

I have this (from another seller but w/e) because I'm garbage: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-arrival-Big-Size-14-13-5cm-3D-Printing-Dog-Coin-purses-cartoon-doge-Face/32648516082.html

I spent about $35 on christmas gifts/stuff for myself and used swagbucks (yeah I know) to get cash back or w/e and the only problem is that it takes forever to get credited due to shipping time. #fwp

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

did you try steel wool? we cleaned up the grody drip pans on the electric stove here (the previous renters didn't clean them very well either lol) with steel wool and long soapy soaks; the bottoms of our pans are kinda gross too so maybe that would help..... hmm....

I can't wait to order stuff once we move, I have a bunch of poo poo in my wishlist to buy for the kitchen (not for food) and the bathroom :neckbeard:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Do not put hot glue on skin

yeah try super glue instead

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

would the empty tea bags be good for cooking with herbs/etc in a soup or stew (to take out easily later) like a cheesecloth bundle would be?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

Ant reason to use a tea bag instead of one of those wire mesh balls?

less heavy metals? :v:

that's a good idea, I'll keep it in mind when ordering soon.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cut...2787357273.html

:kimchi:

e:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gif...2641294921.html

*screeching*

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Duh Ugh posted:

All I see is squirrel shaped hemorrhoid pillow.

Preemptive Edit: Yes, my butt hurts, thanks for asking!

the cutest rear end pillow!

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

could you use a black thread and sew on the black sequin outline? like in and out through the sequins.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I could but oh my god gently caress that. Assuming you mean black thread for the black bits? The whole thing is held together with white thread.

This is the most pain-in-the-rear end I've ever bought for less than two quarters. I thought these (I got two) would be a couple inches square, and have some kind of

I was thinking sewing each one kinda like this (black thread instead of orange tho):

but I would rather die than do that lol

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm the big war e-house

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Blue Train posted:

All the poo poo you buy already comes from China hth

that's the mentality I use for it lmao

I've gotten a couple of things that were garbage (example: a ring shaped like a rat but the ones I got were misshapen and skewed) but most things have been fine.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I hope your dress stays nice forever :3:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

fish brush fish brush fish brush

I also got my nail art brushes/dotters today but I'm probably gonna use some of them for eye makeup tbh

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Haha I sent something similar to this (bought off of Amazon, possibly the same exact thing) to a friend of mine. We were BFFs in HS and the poor lady just pours sweat from her armpits. Back in HS she generally just wore an undershirt of some kind to soak up some of the sweat, I think she still does that when she gives a poo poo.

She's tried seeing doctors, but if you're on Medicaid, docs are apparently not too concerned of you're not showing any signs of an illness.

Anyway, she got them, grumped at me in a friendly fashion, and then half an hour later sent me two pics.

First pic was of her torso & arm from the side, arm raised. There was no sweat on her shirt in the actual pit, but there was about four times as much sweat as she would normally make in a half hour, expanding out around the dry spot.

Second pic was the inside of her undershirt. It had been holding the thing in place, and was a sweat-soaked, twisted band-aid looking thing, stuck to her shirt with sweat.

She's not very eloquent, she just said they smelled like rear end. And that she hoped they cost less than the essential oil (specifically designed to stop sweating) that I also sent her.

you are a good friend

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

could I just smear sunscreen on my regular glasses???

e: is this more or less dorky than transition lenses???

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

51 spacey stickers for $2.44. I really liked the galaxy patterns but it also had 8 different variations of the NASA logo so the variety was kind of disappointing.

if anyone gets this set and doesn't want the sweet wolf sticker I would gladly take it off yr hands for the price of a stamp :wiggle:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Just keep in mind that P-38s are an absolute bitch to use. You basically hook the can opener onto the lip of the can, then grab the big flat part with your thumb and forefinger and press down hard until the tip punctures the can. You move it over a little, puncture, repeat. It takes a pretty long time and a few dozen punctures, and your fingers start to hurt before you're halfway through. If you go a little bit too far, you'll just poke another hole instead of making one long cut around the lid; too many mistakes like that and the lid won't come off.

It's really only good for ultralight backpacking or serious emergency situations where there's no other can opener around.

????????????????????????????????????????????????

e: I got mine here https://www.sciplus.com/p/GI-CAN-OPENER_33105 years ago

snoo fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 4, 2017

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

That70sHeidi posted:

I'm still going pro/con on the sealing issue. On one hand, don't bathe with your home decor, on the other hand, accidents do happen. On the other other hand, there are a LOT of nooks and crannies and I don't know what would really make it "sealed." And on the fourth hand, I know one color purple I've used will fade in prolonged exposure to sunlight so maybe there's a UV blocking sealant I should get.

$$$$ but your pieces would probably look nice in shadowboxes with UV resistant glass/acrylic :shobon:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

cyberia posted:

Cross-posting from the recent purchases thread, I got this rad knife for, like, five bucks:

I've also recently gotten a bunch of glitter and cabochons to stick on my face when I go to raves and some pigment powder that I think is meant for nail polish (and is likely made of 120% heavy metals) that I'm going to try and use as facepaint at some point.

fake edit: some of the stickers on my laptop in the background of that photo are probably also from AliExpress

aren't switchblades illegal in the US :confused: (I'm not sure if yours here is one but the one you quoted in the recent purchases thread sure is.)

???????????????

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:grin:

e: sorry

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm the appropriate suction

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I don't know what to order people for christmas :cry: but I need to order it now or else it won't get here in time and I'm b r o k e

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I love stupid pillows and I have a carp pillow in my wishlist and thought 'I should get that for my brother' bc he used to have a fish pillow when we were kids

but then my husband suggested a magikarp pillow which I can make sooo I'm going with that :v: someday I'll buy a fish pillow though, since I have fish.

the knockoff nendoroids are a little wonky but I'm gonna get a second one for my husband for xmas... I'm buying it from a seller that has reviews with pictures so I can see how bad it is. and it's okay

I hope everything else gets here before christmas; the nendoroid has a free epacket option so that should be good. last year I had a couple of things arrive after xmas but at least I've never had a package disappear in transit.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

in my experience you can get relatively cheap phone cases from ebay, from US sellers (if you need it ASAP anyway), for about any phone. I have one that's a two-piece combination of like silicone around the edges and hard plastic with a grooved pattern on the back for different types of protection, including a raised edge around the front so if you're dropping the phone on something relatively flat, the screen won't hit it, and it's saved my phone every time I've dropped it. and it was $3 + free shipping. I've had it for nearly a year (got my phone last xmas) and it's held up well.

I got the same type for my husband once he got a phone with a big screen like mine.

that's a lot of words about a phone case but it's been really great for me, a clumsy jackass with girl-pockets

snoo fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 26, 2017

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:thunk:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

obi_ant posted:

I assume that most of the Nendoroid stuff on Aliexpress fake?

yes. i bought two on purpose as gifts for my husband (one last year and one this year) and just got the one in the mail today. i would only buy them from sellers with reviews that have pictures so you can get an idea of what they look like. the paint details aren't nearly as good and the parts don't seem to fit as well as they should, but that's really up to your preference.

they definitely do not look as good as real ones, but they're also like $13 soooooooooo

i'll post a picture of the one i got later before i wrap it. and maybe of the other one from last year as well.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

^ lmao basically but they've got like interchangable parts (faces, hands, etc.) like dumb action figures

i like the kirby one but i don't usually collect poo poo like this. i like shiny rocks and dead animals

i didn't set this one up so don't ask me (he's not missing a leg it's just a bent knee one)

this is the one i got today and put together hastily, his face keeps fuckin falling off and his arm doesn't stay on too well, either. and the stand doesn't quite fit in the hole in his back.

u get what u pay for~~~~~~~~~~~

snoo fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 6, 2017

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the knockoff nendoroids cost about the same as like full-price funko pops from what i can tell and even if they're hosed up and broken they're more fun

i've never had any desire to buy a funko pop but i know someone with hundreds and idk how the gently caress they can afford them

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

that greenhouse is so fuckin cute

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:chloe:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my epacket took 16 (17?) days to get here (ordered nov 20, arrived dec 6). the nice thing is that you can track epackets through USPS's website and that updates well before the tracking on aliexpress does, and it gave me an estimated delivery date.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

wool like that will end up felting itself whenever you get it wet or wash it, so i think you either need to actually make it more yarn-y or learn to enjoy a giant matted mess :(

the blankets look really neat but it's not as simple as it seems

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I've never made one of those blankets, but I've seen responses to diy videos of it. they do look really nice and I wish everyone luck with the material and I hope it's not fiberglass 👌

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

i need the one for sunflower seeds so bad lmao

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

holy hell

i'm looking for something like this https://www.amazon.com/A-76529-Onigirazu-Rice-Sandwich-Maker/dp/B011TM17CW on aliexpress, at most i'd pay a couple bucks. i'm having a hard time finding a square one like that tho

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I bought one of those squirrel-shaped rice scoops in lime green and the one that arrived was a sickly grey with a hint of green. saw a review with the same wrong color around the time time I received mine, while everything previous was the lime green. I opened a dispute because, uh, it's the wrong color, and the seller PMed me asking me to close the dispute bc 'it still functions' despite the color being wrong.

ok but it's still wrong :nallears:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

value-brand cereal posted:

I bought this on December 20th: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Plu...2714447292.html
It arrived today!! She's the gray version. SHE SO SOFT AND SMOOTH IN EVERY DIRECTION I PET, JUST LIKE A REAL SHARK. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. The eyes and gills are machine stitched and very symmetrical. The mouth is a lil tuft of soft felt. I don't know how accurate she is, but she is a shark with fins and eyeballs and I am happy.

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhHHHHH :kimchi:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

Since the topic of seeds and Dollar Tree have both come up in the past, I'm happy that DT is filling the incredibly cheap seed-shaped hole in my heart left by AliExpress banning seed sales.

i bought coleus seeds from dollar tree last winter and they did pretty well:

you can see it on the left side of the big window in this picture, to show the scale (and i had a hanging one on the right side near the thermometer, too):

i can't find any more easily accessible pictures atm but it flowered A LOT and i saved the seeds for this year :) i'm going to get them started soon, in a bigger pot than last time since it kept falling over. i never really pruned it at all.

i saw the display of seeds when i was at dollar tree yesterday but i don't have money for soil/pots/etc. right now :( i'd love to make a raised bed on our balcony and grow some leafy lettuces and radishes and beets and stuff in the spring, and then something else over the summer. i think i'm gonna focus on getting my christmas cactuses and succulents thriving, and get tomato plants started before it gets too hot to set fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my brother got a set of these (in a different color) and they work okay, but they arrived with the lenses pretty scratched up. I think he got a refund for them.

I have them now :twisted: