Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Pick posted:

By the way, I've heard that one of the absolute best things to get on AliExpress is fishing gear/lures, so if you have an old boring dad or granddad who likes fishing, you could probably drop $10 and get him the equivalent of a major haul.

I can confirm this. Have spent around $1-200 on fishing gear because it's so cheap compared to stores in Australia. $25 lures for $2, lights, hats, etc etc. So much poo poo my dad and I will probably never use but gently caress it's so cheap why not. You can also get cheap Xeon CPUs (albeit older sockets) pulled from servers. s771 xeons are easily converted to s775 so if you have an older PC and want a better CPU they're like $20-30 for a quad core. And those android TV boxes (get a S905 one and put libreelec on it) are good rear end media players.

DHGate is awesome because it has bongs and they don't seem to give a gently caress about counterfeit stuff. It's getting harder to find knockoffs on aliexpress but easy to buy some sweet abidas on DH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Oh yeah large Clive is good. https://www.youtube.com/user/bigclivedotcom also check out this guy's USB charger reviews: http://lygte-info.dk/info/ChargerIndex%20UK.html

I had heaps of those cheap plug adapters he calls deathplugs (or something) and chucked em all after seeing him take them apart. I think I've only bought one or two things that run off mains and only because they were from the official Orico/Xiaomi stores. Even then I took them apart to check if they were legit (they is)

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

To be fair you probably live in America where the price difference probably isn't too harsh but a basic microusb cable for instance will run you $20 in an Australian store

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Pick posted:

Or, for $1.30, you can get a cat bursting out of your toilet

I just ordered 6 of these and I know exactly which middle of nowhere trucker lounge I'm going to put one in

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

If they have those vagina pills they should definitely have the wolf sex pills but nope :(

edit: don't search "wolf sex" unless you feel like seeing dog dildos

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

this is the internet. it's people dildos shaped like doggdix. although idk, maybe a dog might like it

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

"how do we market this charcoal face mask?"

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

an optics miracle

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Got a decent sized looking package from ali the other day. Opened it up and underneath 4 layers of bubble wrap was a pair of shoelaces in a small sealed bag. Really precious $1.70 laces

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

If anybody needs a fishing lure that looks like a dick and balls with multiple sizes and weights to choose from, I got you covered. (mildly :nws:)

100% buying that for my dad, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

:tipshat:

I want to again emphasize how great AliExpress is for fishing tackle. I've been really impressed by the quality, too. I've bought everything from rods and reels to hooks and lines; they've all been worth well more than I paid and nothing has failed.

It is pretty great especially when you look at prices in stores. $90 for some braid? Nah I'm good I'll spend $15 (though research is wise there). So many lures that go for $20 in our stores for ~$2-5 on ali.