Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
If you have any interest in indoor growing for weed or food or whatever you can get various LED grow lamps super cheap. This one is a 300 watt that I have used to grow bell and chili peppers and currently it's growing medical marijuana. If you go to alibaba.com you can get them in bulk as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

spog posted:

I know little about weed: can you grow the stuff just as well on LEDs as you can on those incandescent lights that draw so much electricity?

I have thread about this topic here.

Also

Stretch Marx posted:

If you have any interest in indoor growing for weed or food or whatever you can get various LED grow lamps super cheap. This one is a 300 watt that I have used to grow bell and chili peppers and currently it's growing medical marijuana. If you go to alibaba.com you can get them in bulk as well.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

subpar anachronism posted:

What did you end up ordering seed wise? I'm very interested.

Me too. There's a large variety of stuff on there and I'm interested to see how well the germination rate is and if it actually looks even remotely close to the pictures.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
So this was sent to me in my junk email.

:catstare:

I hope I don't burn my house down.

-e- They replied back wanting $404 for the light, which is still a steal. I wish I had the disposable income though I don't need that light.

Stretch Marx fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 21, 2017

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Guy Mann posted:

I believe the preferred term is "slitsir".

man clam

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

This ghost has seen some poo poo.

Pac-Man wakkaed up to Inky and carefully leaned in. "If I can catch you I'm going to gently caress you." he whispered.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Gunna give these LED light bulbs a go and hopefully not burn down my house.

Bought 6 and hopefully the LEDs are as quality as my grow light's. Also bought 300 magic erasers because why not.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Duckula posted:

I use this guy for all my stuff, some guy on the Lepin subreddit recommended him -
http://s.aliexpress.com/e2ARRFza

Scarecrow Special Delivery... hmmmm....

I also like that the first item under FRIEND is the Bat-Pod.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
It's for pulling your ingrowing nail out of your skin so you can properly trim it. Because apparently people can't do that normally.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

King Vidiot posted:

I can't even fathom the search terms used to get "Gigantic Pencil Sharpener For Cucumber Facial Masks"

Circumber

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

WrenP-Complete posted:

Sorry if this was already posted...

Any recommendations for grow lights?

I actually just received my new 300 from Mars Hydro. Quieter than my other light and not as harsh on the eyes. I have new plants starting so we'll see if there's much of a difference.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I can safely say that the Mars Hydro light I bought is pretty legit and the landscaping store I work for who is trying to break more into hydroponics is looking to pick up some units. Anyone who is looking for a relatively inexpensive LED grow light should check them.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mar...sAbTest=ae803_3

Just got my grow tent. Because Mars Hydro warehouses in Canada, I paid for the order last Monday and got it yesterday. I suggest looking for sellers who have multiple warehouses since I generally get everything in a week at most.

As for the tent everything is pretty solid and the whole package had good weight to it. The cover looks okay so far but I have to wait a bit before I can properly assemble it. Then I'll hook the light up and give it a whirl.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

You must be seriously into heirloom tomatoes.:eyepop:

I work at a landscaping store that's starting to branch out into hydroponics (which is why they brought me on) and I've found asking people if they're growing "medicinal tomatoes" usually breaks the ice well.

To be honest I want to get another tent and grow spaghetti squash in it.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

:same:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
For when the smog is so bad you could kill a guy. Preferably with an uppercut into spikes.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I'm partial to playing bees.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Choco1980 posted:

I can see it now, call yourself the "Hot Dong Stand" :dong: :dadjoke:

Cruise ships come up here this time of year to see the leaves change colour and to visit the nature parks/see the city. I should get one of these, setup up a stall by the terminal, and tell them it's a local custom that we're too proud to show others. But I enjoy spreading our culture. I'll put maple syrup or something in.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
For when you need the absolute best protection from swamp rear end.

Maybe a bit NSFW

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

value-brand cereal posted:

Finally :goonboot: is a affordable reality.

I bought this on December 20th: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Plu...2714447292.html
It arrived today!! She's the gray version. SHE SO SOFT AND SMOOTH IN EVERY DIRECTION I PET, JUST LIKE A REAL SHARK. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. The eyes and gills are machine stitched and very symmetrical. The mouth is a lil tuft of soft felt. I don't know how accurate she is, but she is a shark with fins and eyeballs and I am happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptMrndKnnow

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Don't forget you can buy loose tea that is mixed with other things that don't taste like tea to make the tea taste like the things that don't taste like tea. Like hibiscus, or blueberries, or chocolate. Chocolate black tea is really good.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
If you're looking at electronics or electric things in general on Aliexpress one thing to do is to add "UL" or "UL Registered" at the end of your searches. If they're actually listed with Underwriters Limited then they've gotten certs and should be safe. If you don't see UL shown/listed then I'd steer clear. Note that a lot of vendors will be cert for the EU but not for NA.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

What about led filament lightbulbs? Can I be certain that they won't burn my house down?

I bought a bunch and all except one have been fine. The other one separated between the bulb and the screw end. Otherwise they look exactly like incandescent and have been going fine for a few months now.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Fetish masks are so hosed lol

Only some of them. There are some that don't really have any holes.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
How else would you store your cats so they stack correctly?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
As long as they're not hurting anyone who the gently caress cares how people deal with their anxiety? If drawing in a day planner keeps you sane, have at it. Same for adult colouring books. Let the haters do the more currently socially acceptable thing of drinking to oblivion.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

heeheex2 posted:

Yea I’ve been getting stuff from malmo recently. Also got something from Windsor Ontario but I think that must’ve been just a reshipping location

I've noticed that a lot of factories are opening warehouses in other continents and then just stocking those regularly rather than shipping overseas. Which is fine by me since it usually means I get poo poo within a week.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

a quality username/post combo

edt:

also

morituri te salutant!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fas...2786973595.html

there is a wonderful rabbithole of really loving weird mens sandals if you follow the related products etc :prepop:

Whoa whoa whoa

Belts and laces? Sold.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

super sweet best pal posted:

Apparently the only state they don't ship to is Washington? How am I supposed to get my bees?

Find someone in a different state and mail it there. Then have them mail it as a gift. Or smuggle the bees over the border like the dirty criminal you are.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Sex Robot posted:

Well I guess I shouldn’t be surprised at the amount of Pepe stuff but this feels me with real fear

Send that poo poo to the cursed thread.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

heeheex2 posted:

soap dispensing shower boobs is turning up nothing for me in search

You fool! That was his trap card!

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Don't copy that froggy!

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

goatface posted:

Seems expensive for resin.

That's my first thought. If it was hand made from block of resin, then maybe.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

/puts on tux

edit: speaking of masks, five weeks ish to halloween; Scary Bird or Cyber Skull..?

Bird mask can still drink a beer while wearing, a big plus point.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33045396224.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33055460437.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...9e-d19af074099c

I kind of want most of the rave masks.

Stretch Marx fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 24, 2019

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

I like my shoes to always be able to double as bat-a-rangs.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

r u ready to WALK posted:

It's a cool idea but it's not decodable since morse encoding is variable length and the bracelet doesn't show where each letter starts and ends :(

For all you know the bracelet just says "EETEEETTETETETTTTEETEEETE"

I'm confused. The dots under the bracelet imprinted into the leather match the chart and the bracelet matches the imprint.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Moo the cow posted:

Not going to mention the kid taking a poo poo on her sofa?

They're Slav. That's just their natural resting position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Horace posted:

The layout is bizarre.

Get rid of the 2 downstairs bedrooms and the bathroom in between them and that's not that bad actually.