Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Bored posted:

Same. Like, I’m incredibly poor, which is the only reason I waste time looking at the housing options on Aliexpress. Obviously, I can’t pay for shipping, so I’m not going to buy what they sell.

But, sure! If someone wants to pay for the lot, clearing the lot, international shipping, external concrete coating and the internal construction stuff (electric and plumbing up to local building codes), I would be happy to give a very in depth review on the durability of the polystyrene pods in either near where I live now or where I’m trying to move in the Midwest, if my loving Company would give me one of the jobs I’ve applied for out there.

I don’t think I wanna try this one in the Midwest. But the domes are probably tornado resistant.

US $5,251.00 | EPS module quick assembly prefabricated house steel frame creative House creative Tavern
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtDa2N6

I wonder if there is a giant inflatable Saint Bernard to compliment that house.

I think this prefab “house” is actually supposed to be a rest stop.

There has to be some weird Youtuber whos willing to drop this kinda money to make a "I BOUGHT A HOUSE OFF OF ALI EXPRESS!!!!! SHOCKED FACE!!!" Video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone know any good Offroad RC Cars on AliX? Im just looking for something cheap and durable that my kids can use to tear around the lawn and climb some rocks.
Its hard to filter out the garbage thats using stuff like loving IR remotes and doesn't even have a steering servo so all you get ist "full lock" or "straight".

Not opposed to kits either. I probably have most electronics to kit out a car lying around or i would just order them along with the car.

Would like to stay below a hundred bucks all together though.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Gann Jerrod posted:

A style of soap holder where you stab a jagged piece of metal into the soap, that connects to a magnet with a suction cup. I'm sure it's definitely not going to rust straight away, making it a fun tetanus generator when your Irish Springs gets too thin.

Tetanus bacteria don't spontaneously generate inside of soap.
Also, rust and tetanus don't really have anything to do with each other. The bacteria are mainly found in soil and manure.
Pretty sure the connection between rust and tetanus mainly comes from farmers jabbing themselves on rusty tools they just dragged through soil so they picked up the bacteria.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Push El Burrito posted:

Oh god. No wonder I was getting all those angry looks at the funeral.

Well lets just say that listening to Drowning Pool - Bodies was a polarizing choice.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

VictualSquid posted:

A lego orrery, seriously considering buying this:
Cada 865PCS City Solar System Earth and Sun Clock Building Blocks Science Experiment Education Bricks Toys Boys Gifts
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003903937933.html

I got this a couple of months ago. It's a neat set and looks and works great.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

mobby_6kl posted:

I've seen these chips from spiral-cut potatoes at various festivals and what not but never bought one because it usually costs a

I guess you could also just say it's everyone's favorite? Anyway, this pretty serious-looking one is like $12 here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/327...id=ByCyTPCu4A8D

My Mom got this exact same one. She uses it with apples for apple pie. Never even thought about using it for potatos....

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Look at this guy trying to score some sweet night vision cat poop videos!

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Hm I've been using an old Intel NUC5PPYH with a Pentium N3700 as a small home server. Would one of these N100 boxes be a decent upgrade for that?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Bought a couple of proffieboards to upgrade my kids lightsaber. They work perfectly and if you buy them with an included SD card you get a ton of sound fonts installed already cause we all know that Lukes saber does sound completely different than Obi Wans!

If you know how to solder and have a kid that's into Star wars they're a neat little project for about 50-60$ all parts included.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Well "slot into" is a bit optimistic. My son bought something like this:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msbatYy

It's not 100% the same but pretty similar.

The sounds and motion detection on those is pretty lovely so the proffieboard replaces the electronics completely. But you can reuse the LED, battery, speaker, charging port and button. And it has a metal swordhandle and decently sized blade for a kid.

Like I said, it's quite a bit of soldering and figuring stuff out but it was a fun project.

I'm building a second one with LEDs running all the way up the blade just for fun.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
The N200 isn't newer. It's the same chip with a bit higher turbo clock and a couple more GPU cores. If you don't care about GPU performance, like for a server for example, I'd just get the N100 and save a couple of bucks. If you wanna use it as an actual PC and maybe do some light gaming the N200 might be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the heads up about the N100 sale. Got the 16/512 model for 120€ shipped instead of the usual 160€.
About time to replace the ancient Intel NUC I've been using as a server.