Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

King Vidiot posted:

The t-shirts are a deep, deep well that you can never crawl out of https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fun...db08e2176&tpp=1

we know the best t-shirt

it's this one

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah I still don't get how China can have like 10 different ways to post crap, but e-Packet is by far the best.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I have a quoted section in the OP that is all jewelry I've purchased and like a bunch!

I go against common wisdom and I do actually buy some makeup there. I am not personally dead at this time, but it's probably not a good idea.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Now I'm curious. What do you use that's from AE? How's the quality? Would you be able to tell it was fake, if any of it is knockoffs of authentic products?

Not a bunch, although I have a number of brushes from there (though my foundation brush was a $ one from Ulta and I have a legit Beauty Blender that do most of the work).

Hmm, most of them aren't listed now, I guess because they were forgeries of something. I actually don't check if they are or not, I don't know most of the brands unless they're also a clothing brand.

I got some metallic lip colors and some mattes to see how those shades look on me, seemed to be about drugstore quality. I do know at least one was Colourpop, which as it turns out is a real brand, so whether these were third-shift or counterfeits, I don't know. I REALLY like these though. And I used to use these until I got a pot of something better for the job, but they're fine. Been happy with these too, seem to be a Chinese brand.

Hmm, looking through my orders I've bought fewer cosmetics there than I thought!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh, but these false eyelashes are INCREDIBLE, far better than any I've seen for sale elsewhere in the States. They're not clipped, it's the natural taper of the fiber. Great effect.

I know we're like, what, four dollars ha ha? But you can get sets of like ten pairs of falsies for under two bucks, so by China standards these are probably like $100 eyelashes. Anyway they rule.

Pick fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 21, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah there's a weird thing where the app prices are always equal or less

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Justin Godscock posted:

What I don't get is I bought someone off EBay, shipped from China and it arrived not even a week later. Meanwhile, something I bought from Alibaba took six weeks to arrive from China.

They have different shipping types, like we do domestically. You can get stuff in a week sometimes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Maybe I'm doing this wrong but I'm looking through the app and pretty much nothing looks like a good deal?

You're doing this wrong

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Did you see the false eyelashes I posted? so purdy....

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I hear this is good matcha, and the price can't be beat. Hopefully less than 20% rat poison and termite pubes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

King Vidiot posted:

I really just want to see what they look like in-person. I can almost guarantee that they'll be misprinted, like they'll have screen printed the design on them with wrinkles in the fabric so you'll have huge white patches and lines all over your shirt. Or they'll be way more faded, or the colors will run in the wash and stain all of your clothes poo poo brown, and also probably the inside of your washing machine.

Hopefully I'm wrong though and it's permanent, pre-set dye which they've applied evenly to sheets of fabric. Just gigantic sheets of Homer Simpson, Rugrats, Obama, cocaine and corn.

wait how could you possibly prefer them printed well, that's stupid

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
MAKE CURLY FRIES Y'ALL

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Presenting:

THE PICK KITCHEN:

If you or your spouse likes kitchen do-dads for cheap, here is a list of cheap kitchen do-dads. The usefulness varies but the prices are good.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yeah I'm not cooking anything in an aliexpress pan

There are no pans there?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Krabboss posted:

I don't know if I really need any of those things but they're all so cheap...

exactly

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Very good day, sale-wise, to get very good gift: a storm glass.

I've been watching these, today's the day of deals where this one is concerned. Ships by e-Packet too.

e: also, generally, if something is greyed out on your wishlist, there's no need to remove it right now. They're doing that to stop orders during New Year's.

Pick fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 24, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bethamphetamine posted:

Please never give in to the cult of kitchen do-dads. It's a rabbit hole you will never climb out of. A kitchen avalanched by plastic crap. You'll break up with your addict and he'll want you to take half of his kitchen hoard.

I'd say it depends on the item. I don't have or need most of those things, but drat I am fond of the onion-holder. I am not good at dicing onions and this makes it much easier to dice the onions that need dicing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my father refers to such things as a "stupid tax"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh and I don't normally buy clothes there but if you need shapewear for a dress or whatever, it can't be beat.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I got a third set of shoelaces in the mail
Does anyone need 200 cm shoelaces in black or purple

Yikes, what was the listing?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Three-Phase posted:

Shoot a fella could have a good weekend in Vegas with all that

My father has gotten into AliExpress to order electronics, but not for using, for opening up and taking apart and general tinkering. Apparently a lot of the things from there are fine, but whoo nelly someone of them certainly are not. Anyway, thought of you because you're the good-at-electronics guy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My general recommendations are:

1. Don't buy anything that goes in/on your mouth
2. Nothing you expect to directly contact your eyes or genitals
3. Do not buy electronics
4. Do not buy anything where the price on Amazon is only slightly higher
5. Do not buy items with easy, lower-quality substitute materials or parts

The best deals, in my experience, are items where conventional markup is extremely high, but the materials are extremely cheap. So, for example,

1. Useful niche items made of inexpensive materials (e.g. seam rippers, flea combs, silicone molds, hydrogel beads)
2. "Costume" jewelry (e.g. "seratonin"-shaped necklace)
3. Simple kitchen gadgets and household organization/storage containers
4. Small decorative items
5. Tools that will never be under substantial stress or used in a life-or-death situation (e.g. tiny screwdriver for repairing glasses, drain-cleaning zip)
6. Student-grade art supplies
7. Shapewear and socks

Basically, think from the perspective of a Chinese manufacturer. What items would you sell to Americans where you could get a high enough price to make it worth your while, but are so cheap for you to make that there's no point in scrimping any further or substituting inferior materials?

Pick fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 30, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That said, if you want something completely awesome and do not care if you live or die, you have always wanted this and you know it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

King Vidiot posted:

I guarantee you that will kill you dead the second you plug it in.

oh absolutely

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The hydrogel beads are some great poo poo, this weekend I filled half my bathtub with them for like two bucks

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Those are mock-ups, they won't look like that obviously.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

King Vidiot posted:

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that those are pictures of handmade synthetic gourds in the shape of titties and real titty gourds don't exist. I want to believe, but I just can't :(

There are definitely fake seeds on AliExpress, like purple kiwi fruit and some other weird stuff that doesn't exist. And some other seeds are totally real! Welcome to AliExpress!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Check out this blue strawberry that doesn't exist! Or these amazing tomatoes!?

but who wants that poo poo when you can get some lumpy growing crabs that totally do!?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

King Vidiot posted:

Nevermind crabs, they got knockoff Dragon Ball Z characters in neon colors!

make em fight the crabs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sentient Data posted:

One will bloom into mercury-soaked asbestos, the other into a tangle of 28 gauge wire that will plug itself into a mains outlet

lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WrenP-Complete posted:

I'm starting regular seeds today and planning a weird seed order from Ali Express right now. Curious about what will grow? Put the link here and I'll probably buy it and we'll see.

Buy some salak fruit seeds. It's literally the best fruit I've ever eaten and it's impossible to get in the USA.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
hoooly poo poo lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

can't wait until trump gets rid of the consumer safety commission and fda and all that poo poo and we start selling these babies at gas stations

the babies who get fried? like next to the breakfast burritos?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah my labels are always for things that don't have an import duty. I don't decide though so it's on them

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
be crab

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
buy these for children RIGHT NOW

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If you get the hydrogel beads, spring for a few of the supersize ones. They take a while to get to full size but they're awesome.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

shirt staaayyysss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

It also had a Batman and Superman kissing sticker.

oooooooo

sort of want to post those around and upset nerds