Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

cyberia posted:

I got Aliexpress'd hard the other day. Ordered three rolls of washi tape to add to my collection and got this envelope in the mail:

Opened it up to find this:

DIY kit, assembly required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Wonder what's going on over on wish.
Oh...

I see...

Basically the same as gearbest and aliexpress at this point, although there's more leggings for sale on aliexpress and more drones on gearbest.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Hirayuki posted:

Please post the link--I'd rather support original artists myself.

edit: In searching various SA terms, I was delighted to find that the first result for "get out frog" was our friend :aliexpress:

I think the most official would probably KC Green's store on Topatoco. They're open but shipping more slowly. I don't see any dickbutt pins, but there's some "This is fine" ones and pins for characters from Back and He is a Good Boy. Maybe he's got another store front for pins and/or badges or they're all ripping him off, I don't know.
https://topatoco.com/collections/kc

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

MarcusSA posted:

Well only because the places here are ripping me off! It’s ridiculous.

Yes I should have gotten it covered but at this point I’m in it to win it.

No.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BeTq99LqUo

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

C.M. Kruger posted:

I ordered a silly USB lamp/nightlight and just noticed it got held by customs on the 11th. Should I contact the seller or file for an extension or what?

I got a warning email from aliexpress when my 90 day dispute window was coming up a little while back. I filed a dispute since my item hadn't shown up and it'd been three months and the tracking kind of abruptly stopped. The seller asked me to wait 8 days (of the 15 in the dispute resolution process) and the amazingly it showed up four days after that so I was able to close the dispute.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Facebook Aunt posted:

I like that part of the description is "EDC Transport Dice". Hmm, yes, the vital Every Day Carry dice. Right next to your 3 flashlights and 4 knives.

Don't doxx me.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Propaganda Machine posted:

I just wanted to say screw you guys for getting me into the fake AliX legos. I got a couple when people were talking about how relaxing and fun they are this summer, and now I have a growing collection of jagged plastic cartoon characters and nowhere to display them :mad:

Have you looked into aliexpress houses?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

There were some links a while back to house kits you could buy from ali. The overall prices were decent except for not really being sure if it'd be alright once assembled (not even regarding local codes).

edit: oh, found it:

I am now down the rabbit hole. Inflatable capsule houses:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001398219532.html

Rexxed fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 23, 2020

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I like that every picture of this thing is a render. It really says "sure, we could probably send you stuff to make that if you give us like, four grand."

It's the aliexpress version of Fallingwater

edit: actually they kind of put one together way down on the page, but then go back to the renders to show the final results so, great!

Rexxed fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 23, 2020

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I received an item that I definitely did not order and can't seem to tie to any existing order I have pending. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I would probably have to dispute an order but I don't know which one.

It's good to be suspicious. The seller may have just mixed up shipping labels, but you're not responsible for goods sent to you and can keep them if you wish (in the US at least):
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

spiny posted:

In slightly better news, got a few of these 3.5 hard drive storage caddies today (which reminded me to chec k for the refund ) :

I store stuff on hard drives (on more than one drive' as 'slow storage' - if I need something, grab the drive and stick it in the USB adapter as in the pic.

These storage boxes will make it a bit tidier on my shelf :)

this is the link I used, the pics show them as translucent, but the ones I got are not, but that really doesn't matter.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000118433683.html

Nice, I've been 3d printing hard disk storage boxes but those are cheap.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

everdave posted:

Some charge like a laptop style charger and the better ones fit on same or knockoff Makita charging bases. The batteries last a really long time in my drills and vacuum etc… all last many hours

I got one of those 4" chainsaws off your thread recommendation and it's surprisingly good. I got mine from amazon, though. The $7 totally wireless earbuds are really good for the price as well.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Humphreys posted:

I'm going to get one of those chainsaws as the reciprocating saw is pretty gutless. Even the proper Ryobi one I got from AI:SS last year as my santa feared for my life buying dodgy tools lol.

I use my basic Ryobi reciprocating with some brush cutting blades for bucking small branches and it's annoying so I prefer the mini chainsaw. The mini chainsaw is faster and less likely to get jammed and vibrate the hell out of my hands (plus pushing the safety and pulling the trigger at the same time on the ryobi kind of sucks). It's not as deep of a cut as the 8" brush cutting blade, obviously, but the only other downside I've found so far is a little more maintenance. Like with a full sized chainsaw, you have to check chain tension so it doesn't pop out of the bar, and you have to add some bar oil manually since it doesn't have an oiler. It does auto stop if it gets bound up, runs low on power, or if the motor is overheating (as per the instruction pamphlet, mine hasn't gotten that hot yet). Mine came with a little empty squeeze bottle to put some bar oil in, so it's easy to drip it onto the chain without worrying about getting a quart of oil onto a 4" chainsaw blade somehow. So many of these mini chainsaws exist there seem to be a ton of bar and chain replacements available. I bought a kit with the tool, two batteries, a spare bar and chain, and the charger for about 60 bucks. I'm sure there's cheaper ones if you already have makita style batteries.

Compared to the somewhat annoying Ryobi safety, the safety on the mini chainsaw is just a click to the right or left side to lock or unlock. I'm sure it's just a piece of plastic that stops the trigger from going back when thrown in place. It doesn't click back automatically so I've gotten into the habit of locking it when I put it down and taking the battery out if I'm doing anything with the chain. The ryobi is definitely safer but the mini chainsaw is a lot simpler to use especially since you can hold it and cut with one hand, plus it cuts more quickly so far.

Because it's so handy, I sort of wish I'd gotten the 6" since that would handle more like 80% of what falls around here instead of the 50-60% the 4" can. I'm curious if I can get a 6" bar and chain for the one I have or if the larger ones have a different chain sprocket and beefier motor. Sort of feels like something they wouldn't bother with but I'm not going to buy anything else until I'm feeling adventurous. I can just use a real chainsaw or the reciprocating saw if there's a bigger work to do for now.

stephenthinkpad posted:

Is there any mini chainsaw that also run on 20v DeWalt battery?

I checked the batteries I got with mine against the DeWalt and Black & Decker batteries I have. They're physically similarly sized but the connectors don't line up. They probably match makita which seems to be the most pirated battery and tool design. I'm sure I could 3d print and add some metal conductors for an adapter but so far I haven't needed the thing for a long enough periods of time that more batteries would help. It really eats through the branches and the batteries seem to last decently for 2Ah or so. It took me a minute to realize the charger is just a wall wart with a green/red light and it plugs directly into the battery. A full battery charge took around an hour per battery or a little more which is slower than some of the major brand batteries but this is a cheap tool so I'm not too concerned about it.

Rexxed fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 2, 2021

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

bar88537 posted:

I committed some original sin of ordering a Ryobi power tool set, and have since only bought tools compatible with those batteries. Compatible tools never seem to come up during these threads or when I search on ali. anyone know why they're rare?

Ryobi just used a weird design to be compatible in tools with their older nicad (or nimh?) packs. It's got the taller vertical bit sticking up instead of just being mostly rectangular. I was posting in the tools thread recently about getting some factory blemished 4Ah ryobi batteries and tools from direct tools outlet. They're authentic tools with factory blemished or refurbished status and not knockoffs, though. The sale I mentioned the other day is over but they're guaranteed to have something around black friday. A year or two back I got two 4Ah batteries for $55 or something and I've picked up a 3/8" wrench an angle grinder (not sure what I paid but it was a sale and they're factory blemished but look brand new) to round out what I have on hand.

You can get adapters for ryobi battery to other tools but they're going to be a weird size. In fact most of them look like they're just meant to wire from the battery to something and it's easier to use other batteries in Ryobi tools due to the shape. There's even a bunch on amazon. If you're looking for aliexpress purchases and other knockoffs you'll mostly likely just find makita batteries since they seem to be the ones that are heavily copied.

Most of these tool batteries are just banks of five 18650 cells which is why a lot of the manufacturers have a square battery box with a connector on top. Each cell has a nominal voltage of 3.7V (usually sit around 4.2V fully charged) and they run them in series to make up the 18 or 20V number (both are true depending on the charge). The amp hour rating is based on the cells in the battery and the bigger ones just have two or three or four strings of five wired in parallel to get more power over time. The main issue with knock off batteries is that they often won't handle the current draw that every tool a company makes requires and they'll be lower quality batteries that don't have as high of an amp hour rating. They're also just cheaply made so they may break or short if dropped too hard, have inadequate fuses for that situation, or be unsafe while charging. I wouldn't be scared of them but I absolutely do charge them where if they burst into flame they won't catch anything else on fire since it only takes a minute to put them in the garage or whatever. A tool pack with 5 or 10 batteries isn't going to cause a long lasting inferno like a Tesla but it will be very exciting for a minute or so.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The main thing about DIY powerwalls is that most folks making them are reusing harvested 18650 batteries from old tool and laptop battery packs. That means you have to spend a bunch of time discharging and charging them to find the mAh for each battery so you can put them together with similar cells. You also check them for heat to make sure they're not faulty. Then there's the tedious process of putting them together in big packs with fuses and a battery management system before even getting into the charging and discharging stuff. They're commonly used with solar panels but other home power generation can work as well.

This Aussie did a whole video series on setting his up, it's quite a lot of work:
https://www.youtube.com/c/HBPowerwall/videos

This guy's channel is all about battery projects including DIY powerwalls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hejOT7NF72E

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

You probably won't get cat 8 from an aliexpress listing for cat 8 but it'll probably be fine for 1 gigabit home networking. I just buy network cable from monoprice, though.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Crazy Achmed posted:

I'm in need of a new pair of earplugs for doing band stuff, does anyone have a recommendation for these? I used to have christmas tree style ones with a little noise filter in the end, and fairly long stalks so they could be easily pulled out. There are about a million listings but they're mostly advertising themselves as being good for sleeping with music as an afterthought.

A lot of goons who go to loud metal shows like etymotic ear plugs. I think the aliexpress thread wisdom is still "nothing that plugs into the wall and nothing that goes in you," so earplugs kind of count.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The backlight in one of my monitors started dying so I took it apart and ordered a replacement with a driver board for $10 on aliexpress. We'll find out if it works in 35-60 days, maybe!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I've bought 3d printer parts so I get a lot of listings for 3d printed resin models of naked ladies, I guess.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Kerbtree posted:

Are there any 18650s with tabs on Ali that are decent capacities? Looking to swap out one built into a screwdriver. But almost all I see are about 2500mah.

I'd consider shopping somewhere that might be a bit more reputable if you want a higher capacity battery. Pretty much every aliexpress listing (and probably a lot of ebay and amazon ones) will overestimate their mAh ratings. I haven't bought from this store but I've read on some forums that you will get what they list from them:
https://www.18650batterystore.com/

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Killingyouguy! posted:

I read vacuum cleaners will build up dangerous amounts of static charge and could damage the computer? But things may have changed since I last needed to do that poo poo like 10 years ago

Yeah, it's not a great idea due to the static. Stick with canned air or a powered duster like the one linked. Also, don't let the fans spin super fast. It probably won't kill anything but there's always a chance.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I placed an order with Temu a couple of weeks ago and the box showed up a couple of days ago. I got a couple pairs of not-crocs with fleece in them for the winter to wear as slippers. They're fine for being under $10, it's hard to find decent slippers for under $20 most of the time on amazon or whatever. I define decent as having a rubberized sole in case I need to step outside for a bit and for grip on stairs, plus warm, I'm less concerned with the overall quality as long as they hold up for a couple of years and don't fall apart when hand washed. I want more of an in-house shoe than a slipper, basically. They're marked with non-US sizing of size 43 or 44 depending if I ordered 9 1/2 or 10 and seem to fit normally for that size. Most of them didn't have larger sizes available at the time and some do now, but I usually wear a 9 1/2 or 10 depending on the brand of shoe and they seem to fit fine for their sizing.
I got this ugly pair because the holes make them a little less hot so they're a bit more comfortable with socks. I don't really care what they look like indoors, nobody will see them. Perfectly fine for $10:
https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs=1&goods_id=601099511971103

I also got this ugly pair to be warmer and have a little more of a heel on them. Like the previous ones, it's a $10 slipper that's basically fleece in a shell but this one's a little more plasticy than a croc and a bit less comfortable but it's okay for around the house. They fit fine and they're warm, the soles are going to be good for stepping outside for a minute but not for wearing as an outside shoe:
https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs=1&goods_id=6017592186106185

I got a couple of light jackets, too.
My dad's wearing this light jacket, I ordered it as an XL but it's a tight US Large, really. He wears M or L depending on the brand and it fits well on him. If you wear a large I'd consider a 2XL. Several of the outside pockets are fake (only the side slash ones and one inside breast pocket are real, the outside breast pockets and side flap pockets are not, nor is the zipper by the left breast pocket), but the shell is okay and there's lining and everything, it looks decent. Not really warm since there's no insulation in the lining. That said, it's advertised as Cotton but the actual sewn in label says the shell is 100% nylon and the lining is 100% polyester, so there's that and the sizing to beware of:
https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs=1&goods_id=601759218612240

I'm wearing this one and I ordered 2XL, but it's really a small fitting XL or big L. Wearable but I'd have preferred it to be just a little looser. It's pretty decent looking, basically just like the picture. It is 100% polyester but the shell is a good windbreaker and the lining is decently sewn. It feels warm and will probably be good until it gets around freezing out. Another thing that's fine for $20 and it'll last a couple of years and be good for the fall and spring.
https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs=1&goods_id=6017592186109685

For the 90% off one-time promotional first order thing Temu does, I got a tiny vacuum with internal lithium battery. It's not super strong but it'll be fine for cleaning up a desk or whatever and it was around $2.50 only in that deal. Normal price is closer to $19 and I'm not sure it's strong enough to be worth it but if you just need something little to dustbust your desk, maybe. If you want something like it I'd see what in the sale areas because there's multiple vendors with the same items with different names and prices.
https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs=1&goods_id=601099511915267

Anyway everything arrived fine and will get used, there's just some clothes sizing caveats and misrepresented materials to beware of.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I've been using a lot of the two pin circular ones for the last year or so. They're pretty convenient and cut down on the wear of inserting/removing charging cables in a port. Also since you can get the charging side as micro, USB-C, or lightning, you need fewer cables and just more magnetic ends.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

null_pointer posted:

God dammit, those keyboard shots reminded me that I really wanted a set of Godspeed caps, but they only come in Cherry style mechanical versions, and I can't find a Microsoft ergonomic split style keyboard which uses mechanical switches :homebrew:

Edit: only weird Ergodox keyboards which put every non-alphanumeric key in the stupidest place possible

It's not a popular layout but there are some that come close. This is going to be expensive most likely:
https://www.keychron.com/pages/keychron-q8-customizable-mechanical-keyboard
https://drop.com/buy/keychron-q8-alice-gasket-keyboard

This one is out but $190:
https://smile.amazon.com/Cloud-C989M-Ergonomic-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B084BP8T18

Oh hey this isn't the keyboard thread.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

null_pointer posted:

Oh, poo poo. We have a keyboard thread?! Where?

Also: thank you! The cloud 9 one looks passable, but that keychron one looks like something ole Musky would design.

Yeah, there's an SH/SC one here and YOSPOS has one too, I think.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

wa27 posted:

Are any of the cheap Chinese mechanical keyboards recommended? Anything on Ali? My mechanical from 2013 just died and it was the cheapest one out there at the time ($80). I was shocked to see there are options as low as $30 now.

Some cheap brands still make okay boards. The main thing is the switches. The cheap keyboards won't have too many features or sound dampening or anything but if you just want mech switches there's brands like Royal Kludge, Havit, etc on Amazon and probably from other sellers, too.

I know this is the aliexpress thread, but I picked this Havit board up for $40 on amazon a week back and it's decent.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B085ZDXGZW
I mostly got it for the rounded over spacebar and PBT keycaps but the unusual layout is alright, too. The main downsides are no lighting and soldered MX Red switches (I prefer clicky). A lot of the higher end boards have hotswap sockets now so you can pull out switches and put in different kinds, but even those are $100 or sometimes less, depending on what you're buying.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Lord Stimperor posted:

You are the psychopath they designed this layout for???

No bur seriously how does that layout work in practice?

I don't know, I mostly got it for the space bar, the main four keyboards on my desk are standard TKL layout. It's not a bad compromise for the folks who insist on a numpad but they used key profiles on the numpad section that don't align with the rows on the normal board but on a numpad, so it sticks up a little on the bottom rows. I think the denser cherry 1800 style layouts are probably more sensible if you want a numpad all of the time but also need to mouse a lot and not strain your wrist.

If I was using the board regularly I'd probably be fine until I used the numpad for insert/home/end/delete or print screen which I use pretty regularly. I used one of these Northgate Omnikey Ultras in the 90s for a few years so I'm sure I'd get used to it (not my picture but I have a couple of these somewhere that need repairs):

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Killingyouguy! posted:

Is this a mistake though? In typing classes you're taught to always hit the modifier key with one hand and the letter with the opposite (ie ctrl c should use left hand for c and right side ctrl) which was my understanding of why there's two shifts and two ctrls

It's done differently on different keyboards since there's no standard for media controls. I have a Durgod kb with them in the same positions as the Havit keyboard (volume on F5-F9), Keychron with them on F9-F12, Kono keyboard with them on F10-F12, Logitech G915 with separate buttons and a volume roller. It's just whatever they want to do. Most of the nicer mechanical keyboards (none of the ones I listed) that have been made recently will run some open source firmware like QMK or have control software so you can pretty much assign everything to whatever you want, including different layers for multiple functions on the same keys as well as functions for tap vs. hold on some keys, and stuff like that.

We have a keyboard thread which is a good place to talk about keyboards and really get into the minutiae if you guys want instead of aliexpress. Ali is a good place to get keycap sets, though.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I used to get the pushed aliexpress.ru login and the only thing that solved it initially was deleting every aliexpress cookie from my browser. Lately, if I get it again, I just go to aliexpress.us if it won't behave, which seems to keep me on that site to log in. I'm not sure if there's an aliexpress.uk or .co.uk but it may be worth a try.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Speaking of weird computer finds on aliexpress, this tech youtube guy, Craft Computing, found that Erying is putting i9-11900H mobile CPUs on desktop motherboards with a copper thermal transfer block on top to make it compatible with desktop heatsinks:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804830279759.html

In the video he bought one of the $160 ($180 when I looked) engineering sample CPU models and they seem to only have those available bundled with ram and a SSD for $274 now, but they still have some of the $320 normal ones. He's got a follow up video about getting the memory clocks working up to 3200 (it's a bit unreliable it sounds like) and with some mild overclocks but that's pretty good for a low power 8 core.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR6AkUx-q8g

If you like to tinker with stuff and want a low power CPU that's different it's kind of neat. It's also kind of limited since it's essentially an unsupported configuration but it's cool that someone's doing something interesting with mobile CPUs. He's also got some videos on buying generic X79 chipset motherboards and other stuff from aliexpress.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Invalid Validation posted:

Im assuming those mini pcs are piss easy to install Kodi on like most mini pcs are? I’m needing something since raspberry pi’s have been non existent for years.

Yeah it just installs like an application for most OSes these days:
https://kodi.tv/download/

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

stephenthinkpad posted:

Also update on the Star Trek shirt.

drat, I thought I didn't want that shirt, but now I do.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

stephenthinkpad posted:

Where do you live? It's showing $84 shipped to NY.

Why do you guys always get the best chainsaw price?

If you don't want to wait for aliexpress shipping there's some on Amazon, too, and the prices are getting low. I got one from there when they came up in the thread a couple of years back and it's been really solid, it's a good way to cut up small branches. I see a one battery on there for $40 right now (with a 10% click to apply coupon): https://www.amazon.com/Chainsaw-CONN-Cordless-Handheld-Portable/dp/B0BCKB8VFK/ but I don't know if that one will be makita compatible since it says they're 24V which would indicate 6 18650 cells in the pack instead of 5 like most 18/20V tools and is less likely to be makita compatible.

I bought this one in 2021 which is a little expensive compared to the others but has two batteries and an extra chain and bar. I don't have any makita batteries to compare them to but they're probably a knock off of those since that's just really common on these things:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R1GB6M2/

Only thing I don't love about it is the chain tension likes to get slack pretty often so I adjust it before I use it, and the batteries use a wall wart to charge instead of a charger stand (each battery has a barrel jack input on it).

I think they're really just made all over by a few factories and will mostly perform similarly. There's also a ton of replacement bars and chains for 4, 6, and 8 inch available so you could likely swap one out for another if you need to cut bigger stuff.

Previously I was using a sawzall with a brush cutting/pruning blade for similar stuff and it worked well but it vibrates a lot if you're really cutting up a lot of branches. The little chainsaw is easier on the wrists in that regard.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

By popular demand posted:

Some bodybuilders make their own shake powder and at least one of them managed to accidentally overdose himself with caffeine powder, which I don't get as instant coffee powder exists and is much easier to measure than pure caffeine.

I guess, but I got a 400g of caffeine powder years ago for like 12 bucks. Beats the cost of stuff that's less caffeine for more money?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

What does it even say I can’t see it on mobile

skyrim official store >
Skyrim Vintage Tarot Necklace for Women
DEATH, Silver, 40-45cm

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Big Mac posted:

I swear I've seen grounded US outlets that are gated the same way as everyone's talking about, did I just dream this?

Also I'd love to sheath my own plugs, is this just a heatshrink thing? I seen precious little online about doing it.

Yeah, you can just buy them:
https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-T5320-WMP-Resistant-Receptacle-10-Pack/dp/B00L4KVTKK/

But, I mean, 10 for $12! What an expense!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

In case you need to shine a light on something (supposedly) 1km away:

https://share.temu.com/0T1P2Qq9PUA

I got a couple of cheap rechargable flashlights on Temu. Not that exact model but they mostly seem to be cheap because they're all plastic that kind of looks like it could be aluminum in the description. All in the $5 range, though, so it's clear they're not. They're pretty bright and fine for walking around the basement looking at mouse traps or whatever, though.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Nettle Soup posted:

Looking for a replacement battery for this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005324879870.html

If the local mobile shop doesn't have one, then this should work, right? It's for an old lenovo bluetooth keyboard.

Yeah that should be fine, I've replaced some pouch cells in stuff with the same mAh / Watt hour cells. Most single cell lipos are 3.7V nominal voltage.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Ordered a 3D printing pen a few weeks ago after being inspired by this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOrLhnYGKAQ

Not deluding myself that I will be capable of that kind of artistry but it looked like fun to try. And pretty cheap! So far I am still getting my bearings but still enjoying myself.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255799898471385.html

The make anything youtube channel has done a lot of 3d printing pen projects in the past. It's a fair amount of work to get something good looking but he's tried a lot of stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcZt3oYIgf4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxnFvP1ARWw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

By popular demand posted:

something about the whole process bothered me so I checked and you can just buy ABS sheets and save most of the tedious filling and smoothing work, not to say the pen wouldn't add options but working smarter is always a good thing.

Yeah I think it's a neat tool but I mostly use mine to fix 3d prints that need to be kind of welded together.