Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Most of the Pokemon hacks, or at least the really loving crazy ones like Cock Edition and Naranja are on eBay for sub-10 bucks. AliExpress is OK, but if you really want to go in hard with Chinese goods for your hobby stuff then you'll want to do TaoBao instead. It require a bit more work and the shipping is usually a bit more but TaoBao has way better poo poo.

Like if you, for instance, want to get body kits for your Nerf guns:
https://world.taobao.com/item/524346086657.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I'm really bummed that there isn't a factory in China that wants to sell me a garbage bag full of D&D minis for $5.

Also: Wig Beard Hats Hobo Mad Scientist Rasta Caveman Handmade Knit Warm Winter Caps Men Women Halloween Gift Funny Party Mask Beanies

You just have to find the right search terms. I'd recommend "resin model" or something similar.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

lilljonas posted:

Oh, and half of the figures are NSFW boob models I guess. The rest are knock-offs of various scale figure companies.

Too be fair these are knockoffs of a scale figure company as well. Most of those are recasts of Andrea figures, who also do all the titty pinups.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
If you've spent any time in China you quickly lose empathy for the following animals:

-Cats
-Dogs
-Chickens

As basically anywhere that isn't the main area of a big city is over run with wandering herds of mangy animals eating the oil and scum covered trash out of gutters.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Pick posted:

I'm a biologist and a lifelong fur collector and have been contacted by the port authority a few times for an ID, I can pretty well tell cat (try to read this in a voice where I'm being informational and not a jackass). You see a lot of dog, too. Sometimes it even shows up on eBay as "spotted fur".

It sounds weird to say that trapped fur is the most ethical, but seriously, trapped fur is probably the most ethical.

My cougar skin is actually from a tom that was shot by Idaho fish & game because he'd been in what was going to be a fatal altercation with another male (lost an eye, completely hosed up in the front), which is probably the most ethical fur you can get but good luck making a coat out of it.

You should probably feel OK about Chinese cat and dog fur then. Again, travel in "rural" (I say this because urban Chinese will refer to towns of 300k people like they're the depths of Appalachia) China and you can witness the packs of mangy wild dogs that just wander around picking through trash. Basically (as it was explained to me) the Communists were extremely anti pets so it led to the rise of sort of semi feral village pets where there would be random dogs and cats wandering villages for their pest killing purposes but they wouldn't belong to anyone so that the authorities couldn't charge people with crimes. The pet situation in China is actually just super depressing across the board. The dogs in cities are really inbred and raised by people who've never had dogs in tiny rear end apartments and the ones in the rural areas are treated horribly.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

RocketSurgeon posted:

Ordered a RAZER DEATHADDER 100% ORIGINAL MOUSE LOWEST PRICE for 22 dollars. I hope it wont be an actual dead adder in the box.

Just order something from AULA or Anker, will run you about the same as the knockoff Razer poo poo and is much better quality.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I ordered this for my friend for his birthday lol.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top...2797993537.html

Sad part is that since it's not a real Gibson this one will probably have a better neck that the real thing. I got one of these AliExpress guitars a while back for a double humbucker supertele project, it was a pretty alright guitar even if one of the frets needed to be adjusted.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
On a scale of 1 to customs will arrest me how sketchy of an idea would it be to order snake or carp hide/leather from ali express?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

PokeJoe posted:

Carp hide???

You can make leather from the skin of many of the thick skinned carp, it looks cool.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Gravity heels are an adventure. I wore some one year to dress as a faun for Faerieworlds and walking in them is a very odd sensation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Guy Mann posted:

Speaking of stickers, if you're curious how AliExpress stickers hold up after 2-3 months of constant Florida summer sun and rain without any sort of sealer or clear coat to protect them:

The ones on the front that are completely faded/peeled are mostly from one particular batch I got that had a matte finish instead of a glossy one.

2K Clear Coat High Gloss.
Trust me on this one.