Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Don't use those as plugs, there aren't flanged bases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Looks like the wiener mobile is open for business

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I learned about a new type of ice cream cone today https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32811181448.html

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I've heard good stories about getting bespoke shirts/pants for stupid cheap if you get a full set of measurements, but lol at trusting something as subjective as a dress sight unseen.

Hit up some thrift stores, find some dead person's dress, then get it tailored to make it your own

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

You can't get more unique than a dress that hasn't been made for decades but was made with a high enough quality that it can still be timeless. Your best bet is to see if there are some smaller church/community-owned ones near you . You'll probably have better luck there than a place like goodwill, and you'll get the warm fuzzies of helping out something that's actually with helping

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Has anyone ordered a magic trick kit? I want to pick up one for a 10-year-old, but they all seem really pricy for what's actually in the box

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Automatic belts saved my marriage and helped me lose 47lbs

I have no idea what one is, I just want to fit in

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

No need, the FOOF thread already did all of their testing

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Casual vulgarity is the best :kimchi:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

It is leather.

...But from which animal?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Time to search for a waterproof potato masher

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Better run it through the w3c validator to be safe too

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

You say that, but now I want to see a ballet/cirque routine by a troupe covered in straps and harnesses and whatnot. Hell, even get a bullwhip handle with a long black steamer for whatever that steamer dancing is called. Rope dancing on swings, the works

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Alpha Mayo posted:

Are there any random cool electronics or should I run like hell from them?

Go for it if it runs in a 2032 cell, stay away from anything that plugs into the wall or uses a 16850 unless you feel like filling a fire insurance claim

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Usps tracking used to be called delivery confirmation and was only essentially updated once it was delivered. Guess what hasn't changed

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Amateurs. As someone who's lived in Florida apartments, I can tell you that the smaller German roaches are much scarier to find. I've had to just throw out so much money worth of kitchen appliances just to be safe when moving out because those fuckers would live everywhere and were immortal

Also, is express useful for any custom printed things in the few hundred quantity, or is that more strictly up alibaba's alley?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

The results smoking of ali "incense"?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Wow, usually you have to choose between a grinding rod or a sounding toy

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Any particularly good sellers for vacuum cleaner bags? Those seem like a perfect choice to buy from ali

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Lab fees, of course.

$1,337.69: Set of 100 reusable atomic decay simulacra

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I'm sure there's an ali version of this https://www.amazon.com/Badaptor-Makita-Battery-Adapter-Ryobi/dp/B07RWKQSF7

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Tbf that's a pretty accurate description of the nes library as a whole

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Ooh, I didn't even think of the WtNV logo. I can't do that mask at work, but are there any official enamel pins? If there aren't official ones, are there knockoffs?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Sweet, ordered the eye pin and a purple flask, and I'd totally pull the trigger on a death is only the end sticker or pin if they come out

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Just give yourself an internal threshold of how much of a poo poo you should give about an ali order. I personally set that bar at 2 hours' worth of pay - if the order costs less than that amount (and the seller didn't do anything to make me angry), I just shrug and let it go; potentially reordering the item - maybe even from the same seller

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Spinning something with at thousands of rpms will lead to a shrapnel explosion if there's a manufacturing defects, sounds like a bad idea to cheap out on a $10 head

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Yeah, if you don't treat ali as almost blindly throwing a paltry sum of money ninto the void for a chance at getting some trinkets a couple months later, you're doing it wrong

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

That's amazing but 10x what it should cost

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

30 types at 2ish dollars... I can get them all. I wonder if they have a bulk order option...

Message the seller and ask, negotiations are common if you're not just getting one or two things

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I giggled like a schoolgirl for like 3 minutes after seeing that adapter. I finally found it here

I absolutely needed to buy it to confuse my coworkers who occasionally deal with xlr stuff, but it similar listings make it look like it's 2 threaded adapter ends combined with a simple hollow coupler rather than a single piece :sigh:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I just went ring shopping on there. Measure your knuckle in mm - different sellers look like they use different size conversions, and break out a calculator because some size charts are by circumference and some are by diameter

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Anyone have a link to a store with the Lego [knockoff] flower boquet? I can't find where it went

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Your ears can't be repaired if damaged. Ever. Is the risk of even slightly less qc worth maybe $50 savings over an entire lifetime?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Gbs > Aliexpress: unlicensed medical procedures that "should" be ok

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Gurglespurt Pants founder stares aghast as his fashion empire crumbles beneath him

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Funny timing for this topic, i literally just ordered my backup/replacement pair of boots today. I wish i could find my size on ali

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Check this out, I found a great new way to gently caress up your fasteners.

Though I suppose it might help if it's already stripped?

Link? Seems like a decent first tool to try for stripped nuts now that you mention it

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

True enough, for some reason it's just hypnotizing me into thinking it's the kind of tool you almost never use but is invaluable on the rare occasion that you do need it

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

By popular demand posted:

The actual product couldn't possibly look anything like the picture.

Sure it does, you'll receive that image printed on a 1-piece otherwise-white swimming suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

St_Ides posted:

Anker has a recognized name and decent enough reputation that a few years ago counterfeit Anker stuff started appearing.

Or you just got a dud.

Amazon itself is the problem with that, its policies are just turning it more and more into an overpriced Ali. I haven't trusted them with anything that matters in years