Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

koshmar posted:

Wasn’t there a Dollop about an Antarctic explorer who died after slowly going insane from eating his sled dog’s livers?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Mawson#Australasian_Antarctic_Expedition

Vitamin A poisoning is some crazy poo poo. There's a book about it; I fondly remember the bit where he has to tie the soles of his feet back on because the vitamin A just made them fall off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Tarkus posted:

I agree but who tf has a lighter on them anymore?

look at this loving zoomer who's never encountered an actual cigarette

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

apropos of nothing, in russia RFID fob keys are called "magnetic" keys for some reason, which makes basically no sense

i mean i guess they work because of an electromagnetic field but they don't behave like, yknow, magnets, and adhere to other magnets

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Geemer posted:

Probably because a lot of people believe it's the (often fake) magnet strip on the card that does the nfc stuff.

this is door keys though, and it well predates the advent of nfc credit cards

nfc cards, afaik, don't share the same nomenclature

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

those are some unnervingly smooth legs

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

are there any of the temu USB-C magetic cables that are USB-C on both ends, and that don't catch fire/are actually capable of providing full USB-C power?

it'd be awesome if i could run my laptop and poo poo off those also. the ones i got have USB-A ends, which i assume limits them to slow/low power

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

is it normal for ali to send... <counts> 9 delivery updates for one order? it's like daily at this point and nothing has actually changed between the updates that i can tell

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

By popular demand posted:

In the interest of scoring some meaningless internet points education I used my lovely AE scale advertised 0.1 gr. Resolution

a drug scale should have 0.001g resolution, which is 0.01g in practice as small amounts are finicky

anything active in single-digit mg range you probably want to weigh in 10+ mg amounts and then dissolve in solution so you can accurately dose based on mg/mL. or you can just eyeball it anyway like idiots on reddit

0.1g is fine for weed though! or coffee

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

didn't know these things existed before, and they're real useful as a "remote" for the chromebook i use as a sorta TV when it's not being my travel laptop

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805026843764.html

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

Man I should get those for my kid who insists that Chucks are winter wear in Toronto. We’d go through a lot fewer shoes.

cant believe my mom's stories of being given old bread bags to make ad hoc poverty slush boots is an actual product now

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

drat, the ali sex toys are gettin sophisticated

https://twitter.com/golub/status/1747353524348878942

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

had to double check this one wasn't