Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Thanks for this thread. My niece is (hopefully) going to get some dope-rear end Totoro slippers for her birthday in march.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Please never give in to the cult of kitchen do-dads. It's a rabbit hole you will never climb out of. A kitchen avalanched by plastic crap. You'll break up with your addict and he'll want you to take half of his kitchen hoard.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Man, I really've got to up my anal speculum game. Stainless steel is so 1990's. It's all silicone or carbon fiber from here out.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Mailing it without the water would probably save a ton on shipping

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SAV...693935378&tpp=1

I'm giving these things a try. I don't see a lot of ventilation, but I can dremel out airholes. It's all made in china anyway, and I'm not spending $90 on oakleys that I'm just going to break in less than a year.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Bored posted:

So, what's the likelihood of getting lots of unwanted emails from shady companies of I sign up to start a cart on the aliexpress app?

If you don't already have a blowoff email, get one. Or more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Woden posted:

There was a blow up a while ago with Chinese sunglasses not meeting the specifications for UV protection in Australia.

I wouldn't buy those unless they were rated by whatever body does that in your country.

Years ago I bought a class 4 laser, and I got the chinese safety goggles tested by a reputable lab for OD (at OSU). Surprise! they were garbage.

I'm not blind(laser joke) to china's unregulated incompetence, and I advise anyone to use basic common sense with buying stuff from China.

Things to never buy from China:
1. multimeters
2. any precision equipment.
3. safety equipment (all of it)