Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao at all those and this kiddie saw trap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

WrenP-Complete posted:

well, i ordered $20 worth of weird-seeming plants today, let's see what happens!

Film yourself tasting the weird stuff you manage to grow, call it a Lettuce Play

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This thread made me order a bunch of poo poo yesterday. Am I screwed re: Chinese new year ?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
big rear end latina teen chased by lesbian loving VELOCIRAPTOR on a hoverboard then hosed

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sentient Data posted:

Trip report: that phone I found is in fact not waterproof; the ports are wide open, there are no gaskets anywhere, and the manual and warranty warn against contact with liquids. Since that was the main selling point and I don't want one of those jumbo "survival" balls of orange rubber, I'll just stick with my current zte dumbphone and its qwerty keyboard.

Also, its A2DP didn't work, so the bluetooth music sounded like rear end coming through the phone audio protocol. Weird, since it's the first chinese phone I've had that didn't do that well

Aw poo poo I ordered a similar model lol

e: reviews are dope

quote:

Good phone with a very powerful sound and powerful flashlight. when you insert the SIM cards noticed the battery from the phone almost two times more than usual, which provides the phone settings. the way the battery, was inside packed in protection which should be removed when entering into operation (probably for avoiding blank operation). the only thing that would like to change it saver brutal men with arms but they seem to be sewn and do not change, and we bought the phone for the elderly women it would be flowers for it would be better approached. will order another one.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Beekeeping and You posted:

:negative: Found something I bought for 5 dollars on etsy for 1.69. I've been had!

(it was this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...-06284-VnYZvQVf )

link with weird poo poo removed

Can you post the etsy link ? I wonder what it looks like

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 7, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like their awareness positivity bracelets

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gable Oak posted:

Ugh, you guys weren't kidding about the credit card stuff. I ordered a bunch of random sewing notions and the level of financial documentation required to pay for it is akin to refinancing a mortgage. Please don't put me on the blacklisted buyers doxx site, sellers, I swear I'm trying to pay promptly!

What ? You just click pay, enter your CC stuff, and pay.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Killingyouguy! posted:

Anyone able to translate this shirt? I must know what that girl is crying about.

I remember seeing the same design with the English text "someone ate all my bread" or something similar

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That renaissance baby hoodie is in my cart now

Also a while back I ordered this cool knockoff "logic analyzer" for 6$

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Feb 14, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

spog posted:

Looking at the spec sheet, you may have found the only thing that it isn't capable of doing:It transmits FM, so that's why it can't receive it.

It doesn't have an aux-out socket: but I bet you could find one that does and use your phone's FM radio (if it has one)

As much as I like cheap chinese crap you can probably buy a new car radio for 30$ and not dick around on your phone when you want to change stations or get in/out of your car

this thing is a normal car stereo for adults and you wont swerve into a pole while cursing your phone's touchscreen

this one has bluetooth !

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cyberia posted:

Today I received my first AliExpress item since this thread started:

I'd been looking for a new clutch to take to gigs / clubs for a while but couldn't find anything I liked until AliExpress came to my rescue. It seems fairly solid and well made and they even threw in a gaudy gold ring with a big fake diamond as a freebie.

Congrats on your stab bag ! I like that it's transparent to make security checks easier. I love China

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Some of the stuff I ordered is now in London before heading back to the continent, I'm worried about the brexit for my future purchases of random garbage.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Friend posted:

Touchscreens in the car are a pain in the rear end. Give me buttons and knobs. Source: just uninstalled my old touchscreen and installed a 1 DIN regular rear end bluetooth unit

Yeah touchscreens are probably the worst kind of interface for anything car. Buttons can communicate their function via shape/behavior/feedback but a touchscreen has to be looked at, correctly pressed because otherwise the lovely overlay will get confused etc

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

That70sHeidi posted:

I giv up on AE. My appal for my first orders finally wnt through aftr 7 days. I placed a coupl new orders, got chargd for them, and find out thy'v ben closed again, I COULD appeal AGAIN with my alrady scannd in ID and card info, but why bothr, and for supr bonus gently caress you points? I have to wait for the refunds to go through now bfore I buy from a more expnsive websit.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNND my ebay account has been deleted. Bcaus of course
;
Aw man that sucks, thrs still dalxtrm though

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fyodor posted:

How did the fraud department at your bank not go supernova?

* flashing red lights and beeping noises in the background *
"Thats a whole 12$, probably usb cables, I'm calling this in"

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fyodor posted:

Think about the REAL price of cheap consumer goods.

I'm buying metal rulers, the fuckers are easily 10€ in stores here, and less than a $ on AE.

Idealy I'd get a geiger counter but they're probably counterfeit too

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

keevo posted:

I've ordered stuff from Aliexpress a couple of times and I've never had an issue. I'd still use a credit card though.

I'm tempted to order this though - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Tripod-Flexible-Octopus-Tripod-2-in-1-Gorillapod-8-for-Canon-Nikon-DSLR-Camera-GoPro/32779490158.html

I wouldn't use it for anything expensive but you probably werent going to

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yo pick I received those earphones you linked in the OP, they're pretty not bad !
The packaging has "Enjoy the richbass charm" and a little fake sony walkman logo on it :3:

Also a pen and extra foam pads for my porta pros, and other stuff, that's great.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I have mixing balls of steel

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Candlelight Virgil posted:

I'm just going to order 1 thing a day.

Please find a dumb concept around this and pretend to do an art on consumerism

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

otoh you can buy low grade poor indian hair

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hehe just received this elegant phone

I haven't tested the bluetooth yet but at startup it blasts a gently caress off loud opening movie credits sound, there's no option to make it silent lol

Now to check if someone makes a shortwave/gsm combo

Omg it works as an FM radio without plugin headphones in.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 23, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Neurolimal posted:

Gonna take a very risky bet and say the back is a single shell of matte rubber and the screwheads are molded elements

Nope the screws are real ! There's a little screwdriver to open the back and pop 1 or 2 sim cards and a micro sd in there.
The battery is hella huge and says it's 5200 mAh on it. There's a menu option to charge an other phone with the usb plug that's hidden near the bottom.
It's really thick and pleasant to handle.

I wouldn't dunk it in water because it looks like the case is two halves clipped together, we'll see how it holds-up.
There's also a little flashlight on the top that turns on with the orange button. So far that's that's an excellent way to spend 37.79$

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Is it accurate to the rendering shown here?

It looks identical to me.
other remark: there's no 3.5mm plug to put headphones, or maybe it's hidden somewhere who knows

e: For some reason every menu item in the main menu is illustrated with a huge picture of a 4x4 american car

like so:

the screen isn't this lovely irl, it's just my photo

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 23, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

NuminaXLT posted:

So did it come with the free USB Light =$2 ?

Yeah I bought the free usb led light, there's something fucky going on in it because it actually gets hot, unlike the one I put together with misc parts I had laying around.

I'll check how much it draws before using it any more

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Re: phone review

Unless there's a problem with my sd card or the files themselves it can't bluetooth music for poo poo. The sound stutters like it's 1997

I've also received those seeds

lol

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

That70sHeidi posted:

One of my shipmnts is in Flushing and I'm supr xcited! Th others have not lft China yt :(

Lmao this is like cthulu talk, I hope you never get a working keyboard

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
An excellent shirt

An Auschwitz Concentration Camp Arbeit Macht Frei Plastic Protective Shell Skin Bag Case
then gently caress

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 28, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm interested in obvious knockoff shirts / giant typos if anyone have some likns

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Got of of those for 80 cts

The local online price is 1.30 which is not bad, plus 10.30€ for delivery. In the same country for a pen lol get hosed

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Giant scary poketits stairs loving porkmonster mind power standing stare then gently caress

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The fumes inside those things will kill you in 15 minutes

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It looks like someone emulating a special needs kids taking a poo poo, it's hilarious.
Also a used keyboard is like 10$ and this goon said he'll buy her one :iiam:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

500 good dogs posted:

I cheated and bought it from rageon. Not sure about size because their sizing chart doesn't measure things the same way as other sizing charts I've used so it might be off a bit since I bought a large (but may have wanted a medium)

Will still take a few weeks to get because they have to order it off AliExpress lol

I really hope they aren't reselling the AE one. That's a 65$ price difference and I doubt the artist sees anything close to this.

How about get the cheap one and paypal 50 bucks to the costa rican artist, that's probably like king money over there. His gmail is conveniently found on his deviantart

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

Who is a bad enough dude to buy the hoodie to prove a point on the internet

Idgaf about proving a point but I'm a euro L so that's like an asian XL maybe ?

e The renaissance babby hoodie in my cart has a conversion chart

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Mar 5, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

500 good dogs posted:

so like when it's that different... do you dispute? I don't know aliexpress etiquette

they all state they want you to contact them before. they'll probably dox you if you're being a dick over a 50cts item

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

gumdrops posted:

Didn't read this thread but some chinese person has my mint Animal Crossing Isabelle Nendoroid figurine and it's pissing me off

Don't buy anime please

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Those are loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Neurolimal posted:

I never realized until now how much i need a pepe sleeping mask