Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I like the idea of combining the impact driver and the multitool, but it's kind of expensive by ali standard.

I already got most of these tools. If they sell the kit separately, I will buy the base kit with the sanding attachment first and build it up later. A portable sanding kit on Makita battery is the only one I don't have .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
All rechargable AA are 1.2v, except your weirdo batteries.

Now I just want to know what device requires exactly 1.5v to run.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
^^^ both your photos and the ali photos don't give any sense of scale. I have no idea how big it is.

Is there any way to wire light to turn it on between 6pm to 9pm everyday? I know you can use battery power jar lights but I am lazy.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I like that it has a hand strap for better ergonomic.

Is the soc inside fast enough to run tts software? My Teclast tablet has a unisoc T616 inside, I would consider it minimal speed to run tts app.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

DRINK ME posted:

Daphne. I haven’t watched Scooby in a long time.

I honestly don’t know poo poo about chips these days, sorry. The only details on the heart that I can find are below, I don’t know if that tells you anything and I don’t know if tts software would be just the hardware or a combination of hardware and software.

“The Xiaomi InkPalm Mini 5 Pro Edition is equipped with a quad-core 1.8GHz Quanzi processor. The mini e-reader has 1GB of RAM and supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.”

I can't find any soc or benchmark info. It's probably way slower than usual android phones/tablets.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
^^^ I got a wifi calibrated clock a while ago and I just couldn't get it to work. As for clock arms, you can buy them separately. I got some sets on Amazon. I just manually adjust for daylight saving time like a chump. Here is one I use on the cabinet.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Echophonic posted:

It looks like some sort of horrid Australian insect.

Just for you.

https://i.imgur.com/rOnGIOj.mp4
https://imgur.com/rOnGIOj

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Alucard posted:

Pretty sure that was in a saw movie

Which Saw sequel has the shock cum collector?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Amazon makes it impossible to do a price adjustment on sales without talking to a person on chat or phone.

Like I got this mesh drawer for 20,the next day it dropped to 15. I just couldn't find an option to ask for a $5 difference on the return menu.

I ended up buying a new set and returned the old set to get that 5 dollar back.

All y'all are funding more jeff bezo penis shaped space ships.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Sioux posted:

Does AliExpress think we're idiots? I had some stuff in my shopping cart for a few days, since I saw the anniversary sale was coming up. Now for some products it shows like a 40% discount, but I can clearly see they just increased the original price and the "discounted" price is now the same as the normal one was before the annual sale.

Both Ali and Temu play the same game, I don't know which one is worse.

Basically they have multiple listings of the same product, and all listings have slightly different price fluctuations. So they basically take advantage of people who put things in shopping carts. You pretty much have to know what the right price is for a certain product, specially for more popular items. Weird specific replacement parts has less of this problem.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I just remember Zara does it, it's (was?) practically their entire business model. My wife used to ordered clothes online in insane hours like 2am or 4am in the morning to get the cheapest price.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

wa27 posted:

I would say the best way to get ultra-cheap stuff is to use the "$1.99 choice" promos that's constantly on their homepage. If you add stuff to your wishlist, the algorithm is actually really good at serving you up things you might actually want, including things that are on your wishlist. Usually you have to add 3 things to get free shipping (or sometimes $10 worth of stuff). The last order I placed was this, this, and this. Buying these three things in the anniversary sale would be $19. Buying them all as part of the Choice listings was $8 with free shipping.

This thing already 90% looks like a floppy disc, they just need to do the extra mile to make it a floppy

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

It's not -- you're just buying from crooks. In many jurisdictions, including the EU, this practice is illegal. So, buying from a regional seller protects me from this bullshit. Pester your representatives to make that happen in your jurisdiction, too.

Which part is illegal? listing false original price? Can't vendor still fluctuate 20%+- randomly?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I like the "30 day lowest price" idea, I think it helps alot. Not sure about the mandated list price law, isn't it like car dealership MSPR price?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

mobby_6kl posted:

But the tapes are pretty expensive at $14 each. If I'm reading this right, the knockoff TZe tapes like these at $2 should work, right? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32859235561.html

Yes, but like I said, you have to modify the printer.

quote:

E: also seeing this one, has anyone tried it? It has $4 rolls of tape. It might be direct thermal though if it's that cheap?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004745207435.html

Going by the design of the tape, it probably doesn't have weather proof lamination. Box shaped tape can put a layer of lamination after printing.

It's going to be more like those zink sticker photo printers.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
That still looks like a stock photo of a dog.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
This real man's chest purse doesn't have desert camo pattern made in kelvar how am I supposed to look man?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I love this form factor. I would buy an Androne phone with this narrow keyboard form factor. The other day I was checking and only a niche Linux phone offer hinged keyboard (Pinephone). Supposedly the software support is bad.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Use this mouse

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The main advantage of brother tape is that they have 100 different color and background combinations.

I got a Zink color photo printer recently, the papers don't have extra layers of lamination and still seem to be pretty weather proof like a glossy sticker. So maybe new technology has solved that problem.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I brought quite a few 1-to-3 rollup cables from Temu. You pull out both ends from a square box, and can make the cable retract back when you are done. I find them super convenient for travel. I got a couple in my car and one in each of my travel bags.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Just get some testers so you know how faster your cables are charging

Only registered members can see post attachments!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Excuse me, I don't want twisted spoons, I want utensils that say "twink".

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
"hook and loop patch"

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Is there anyway to calculate how much power I will be saving with this N100 box instead of my Dell refub OptiPlex box running 24x7 on an annual basis?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I brought a couple "15A" power monitoring outlets from Amazon. I don't know how much is 15A but they should be enough to calculate my closet box power consumption in real life before I buy this N100 box.

Btw are the AMD mini pc more power efficient than N100 since those Zen chips are fabbed by TSMC instead of less advanced intel fab?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Ok do I need a EU plug to US plug adopter to use the N100?

Somebody give me an ali link

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

Someone in another thread mentioned it could be powered by usb c but I didn’t check that claim

My other stick pc (N9505) uses a usb-c plug, but its a specific 12V 2A rating. I have bought replacements from ali for $15 shipped. It's going to be more expensive than an EU adopter.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I still have my libretto 110 in my garage. Still the only over $1k computer I ever brought.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Cyril Sneer posted:

For these n100s, do they come with any built-in remote desktop functionality or would I need to connect a keyboard and monitor?

You don't need to plug in any k/m but I found out if my box doesn't have any mouse plugged in the mouse cursor look different. So I plugged in a logitech wireless mouse thing.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Hey guys I am searching for some kind of labeling solutions I wonder if this thread can help me. Basically I am in the process of taking over a big double garage. The previous owners were a couple of 80 year olds, they had so many insanely old poo poo in it. Like a giant box of family slides and display equipments which had at least a thousand slides which their children don't want anymore. Also a mechanical casher machine I have never seen before because it was way before my time. It was so big I thought it was a slot machine and must weight 50 lbs at least.

And because I had to clean out so many old stuff that had been quietly rotting in the shadow for 30+ years I thought about getting a long lasting labeling solutions. I came across a Dymo embossing label printer in their junk and I like it a lot. I found out I can still buy this mechanical label printer online. However the font is too small for me. I want some way to make big labels, definitely not the brother p-touch tapes I have now because I know the sublimation labels won't last 10 years. I am thinking about getting either scribble wood tiles letters or children learning colored letters and nail them to the boxes. However the letters only come in random colors.

What about this wood/leather branding kit, think it will work on milk crate plastic?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
This is the cheap Switch case I use to carry to retro handheld.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
That's what Woz wear, what's the nerdiest gun?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Is there any HTPC layer I can run on Win11 to control Plex and Youtube with an USB remote, or I have to run the build in Plex/Youtube apps on the TV?

Ideally something that behaves exactly like the nV Shield interface.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So after I got the n100 mini PC, I also got a couple wireless power meter to measure power consumption.

The daily usage is 0.23kWhr for the n100, which is around $21 a year assuming $0.25/kWhr cost after tax and fee

The surprise to me is the Dell OptiPlex office PC, it only uses 0.33kwhr, barely 30% more than the n100 even though size wise its as big as a Xbox.

The old rear end HP MicroServer I have been using as NAS with 5 HDD inside use much more power , about 1.5 kWhr daily. I think I am going to retire it and repurpose the Dell PC as a 1-bay NAS.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I got arabic a few times. New York ip.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I just searched "pink princess lego" and got tons of castle and fairytale things.

I just buy tons of cars and trains lego for my son though. Lego train tracks with the freaking train crossing portion.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Things that still use AA/AAA batteries nowadays are pretty much tuned to use 1.2v rechargables.

I have a few AA to D battery adopters and I was trying to buy gadgets that still use D battery, it turns out almost all of them have switched to build-in USB charged battery. I can barely find some camping fans that still take D. Actually its easier to find 18650 powered fans than D powered fans.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Hirayuki posted:

Okay, why is that game $200?

It's pretty cheap for a license course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Alan Smithee posted:

anyone ever bought name brand stuff off ali? Good experiences, bad?

I brought name brand hiking toe socks (Injinji) , about 30% cheaper than other online place. Might have brought a couple out of print Uniqlo vests from it, about same price.

Eventually I switched to cheap low tech no-name version for reasons

edit, oh if you count China brand as name brands, then I have brought Xiaomi, Huawei, and realme phones.