Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
My T-shirts from Temu actually got here in a week, they’re on it right now. I’ve done fairly well there, aside from some mis-sizing on my part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

By popular demand posted:

I'm Considering the Eternal Bookstore from the same AE shop:

I'd make tiny books reproductions of old classics that have a QR code linking to project Gothenburg.

E: gently caress is wrong with the image tags?

Did you figure the tags out? I get an API error trying to insert in-line from my phone.

I admit looking at those bookcase kits for a long time, I’m not sure my brain could withstand many hours of tiny work though. Hopefully you don’t set it up first then work on the details, my hands wouldn’t fit either :(

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Actually, please post links to the most unintentionally funny AliExpress product videos you got.

Oh wait, not a video, but I keep coming back across this: US $8.88 21% Off | Touching Grass Is Not Enough Cat T Shirt I Need To Fight God Funny Cat TShirt EU Size Pure Cotton Tops Tee
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMkbxKq

Guessing it must be a meme? Either way, very random.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

freelop posted:

I've had my eye on that tallneck for a while but money etc.

I did get a massive schwerer gustav kit a while back because it made me laugh that such a kit exists.

Dang, I’d kept this one on the wish list because…it exists, yup. Couldn’t talk myself into a couple hundred bucks or whatever for it though.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

I have no idea what they are trying to convey, but I still dig it for some reason

What does the smaller text say? DEPRESSED. At the bottom (that is what I hoped it said), what’s in red? It is pretty amazing, what’s the link/keyword?

I was going to post a couple more I found but posting images from my phone is apparently totally broken now.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Well hey

US $12.28 33% Off | Hell Arbys Shirt Casual Clothes Men T-Shirt Fashion Sweatshirt Cotton Clothing T-Shirts Tee Top
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMEzQMm

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I have the Balrog on the way (there are 2 designs, I guess) as a birthday present to myself and to set across from Treebeard. Will let you know how it goes.

E: for what it’s worth, Google translate has a camera function which will translate live on screen in case the instructions are ever difficult to decipher. I’m currently doing several like 1/4 size Lego sets with lights, and it works well.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 30, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Niche shirts? You bet!

US $5.60 60% Off | Men T-Shirt Disney T Shirt Loves Miss Statler Waldorf And Halloween The Muppet Show Cotton Tee Shirt Round Neck Clothing 6XL
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNwfFYu

One solid WTF in this batch:

US $3.95 48% Off | New Swedish Chef Vert Der Ferk 3D Print T Shirt Fashion Men's T-shirts Streetwear Men Casual Oversized Short-Sleeved Tees Tops
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msYjQqs

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 4, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I am still trying to process that Compaq was still producing computers for the consumer market 12 years ago.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

They're a subdivision of HP now.

My dad actually worked for them through that process, I can’t remember when they stopped the Compaq badging. Oh the days of the Pretty-Sorry-O

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

VictualSquid posted:

The easiest way to stop yourself is posting pictures of the things here instead.

Encouraging the other inmates isn’t such a bad pastime. I’m trying not to buy more crab stuff but…someone else will and I’ll miss out!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Wild EEPROM posted:

Hp died when they started cashing in their hard earned reputation, for big profits from their mass market consumer hardware

I was in a massive warehouse of HP inkjet printers a few months back, the amount of waste to be created was astronomical. So many small, cheap inkjets. Bigger ones too, actually.

Oh and:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Legos for some reason

Uh, because they’re neat? Duh.

I just dropped $13 on Temu, two (more) belts and two meat thermometers. :whatup:

The tactical belts with the seatbelt-type buckle are actually pretty neat, but getting them through belt loops is a royal pain.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Actually managed to score some legit Columbia PFG shirts on AE. Reckon I’ll snag a few more for $10-15.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Ok, I know I buy too much stuff, but Temu emailing me and calling me gorgeous is over starting to get close to the line.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Unexpected:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0LeljI

E: oh in case anyone was searching:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 13, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

well why not posted:

nothing that goes inside anyone should come from Ali Express. they don’t do microplastics they do megaplastics.

Why would you want to wait around to see if you’re going to get cancer, etc? No delayed gratification, no stochastic diseases!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

It’s the only way to be sure.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

By popular demand posted:

I did read something about high levels of lead in clothes bought from Ali and Shein, that would be a rather slow form of suicide.

I’m curious how they work the lead into fabric. I definitely don’t know textile processing but…
at least I’ll be mildly comfortable while slowly damaging my body in new and exciting ways :shrug:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

goatface posted:

Lead dye/pigment is cheap, it makes nice bright colours. It used to be in hair dye.

I just ordered a bunch of bright shirts, I wonder how it is with washing out, etc. I’m tempted to test stuff but also :effort:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Give them to prisoners you don't like, so they get shiv'd

The Postal Police will come into the prison and shoot you :blastu:

This just came up at the top of the homepage on Temu:

Dammit Temu, what the hell :mad:

Oh…

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Drifting around the depths of AE and…

They even have more than one!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Talorat posted:

Wearing a jpeg boomer meme shirt does feel like exactly the kind of thing I'm irony poisoned enough to do, but I most folks on the street won't get the joke.

Hey you’re me from like a month or two ago! I did post some options, if you like. I never talked myself into following through.

There are plenty of share zone-level shirts, if you look.

The only way out of the nazi hole is to just keep clicking on other stuff, I think. It still boggles my mind that there’s a “brand label” on AE that is the nazi emblem missing only the swastika.

And you drop off really fast by clicking anything remotely kind of military-ish. It’s pro-military, pro-cop, right on into open fascist-type poo poo.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Well, I guess they aren’t wrong…

Colorful Laser Car Sticker
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqg2Wsu

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Ha, I was going to post some of those a while back but figured they were obvious memes and everyone had seen them 100 times. I figured y’all would laugh me out of the thread :(

Ah well, at least having clicked on them you can begin a deeper journey into the madness with their recommendations.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Man, I wanna be steppin on poo poo feelin a BOOST. Who doesn’t need their mugworts deodorized?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Oh look, funny Jesus shirt, South Park Shirt, Skinheads Nation shirt, anoth- :what:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Apparently I have been looking at literally some stickers:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Suitably terrifying :golfclap:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

So you’re one of the 3000+! Are you awaiting the day you see another in the wild?

Oh! And this seems like a very bad idea: US $5.15 38% Off | Portable Folding Dogs Hair Dryer Blow Pet Fast Drying Bags Grooming Bag Dog Cleaning Accessories Efficient Dry Tool Kit DG001
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mshNvoC

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

flavor.flv posted:

Oh wow, at a price like that I can't afford not to buy it!

Interestingly…it appears it’s not the only Sonic bling out there. Who would’ve guessed? Add in the female sonic thing urinal mat and you’re well on your way.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Search opossum meme shirt. I was going to link straight but the search results are incredible for possum or raccoon shirts.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 30, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

The store with the castlevania/great depression hoodie also has one that says “somnambulist” took me a long time to work that out. I’d like to hope it’s not a band or anime, but it probably is.

Ha, they do exist:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 30, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I found no fewer than 4 possum-only sticker lots, and several of the memes in patches, not sure on that specific one. Good news is almost all of those shops do custom orders cheap, stickers probably moreso.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What did the testing cover? I’d mostly like to replace (or have spares for) my nemesis safety glasses from an old job I’ve just kept wearing. They’re nice because they don’t scratch like most others and work well enough as daily sunglasses, and bonus if something explodes.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

That’s just an added bonus these days. No real explosions, just yard work periodically. Overkill for that, they’ve just proved quite durable and I am lazy and fashion backwards.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I would expect a good beanie lowdown from beaner69, but what exactly makes them legit?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

This store is…amazing
Too many good ones to post, including a mis-translated inspirational shirt with seppuku being committed in the background.

GONTHWID Official Store
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m074NfO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

Ive bought a shirt from there and EVERYONE that see it goes.

Thats a nice shirt.

And im like, yes, yes it is.

They are a bit more expensive than other shops, but the quality actually seems a little better too.

Don’t leave us hanging!

I encourage everyone to pick the one that speaks to them and post it. I’d oblige but I get stuck laughing like an idiot as I scroll.