Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

withak posted:

All fun and games until it burns down your house.

No no we already did that thread title

I actually got an order in a little over a week. Wonder if the stuff was already stateside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

DHGate seems to have more clothing (maybe?) but if you search the track suit you might find something that goes with?

If you’re in the military in Eastern Europe, the primary accessory is an underarm holster and sidearm, I know that.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

How are you supposed to eat anything while they are constantly twirling?

In other news, most of my sale buy from the end of March is already showing up - in just over a week, which is crazy fast compared to the usual.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

It appears one entire package full of stuff I ordered did not appear with the rest. I hope it turns up, getting a ton of refunds won’t be fun.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

One more way to get burned on AliExpress: Buy what you want, then two days later there's a sale. Congratulations on the feeling of being ripped off!

I feel like there’s something on there about making up the difference in cases like this? Not sure if you have to formally file for it or anything.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

So it looks like it applies if it’s a choice item:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress/s/xEysyIqKZU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

r u ready to WALK posted:

It's a real bummer that the cat paw shoe doesn't come in size 47 to fit my European clown feet

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002803859059.html

Is it this particular shoe you’re after? DHGate might be worth a look.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I lost a whole package of stuff, despite 5 others showing up the same day. Most of the refunds were granted, one was not (it’s still in customs, they say). Re-ordered a bit, spending too much, as usual.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

kare posted:

Whose idea was it to trade mark "Advatage" with the missing N?

Someone keen on not losing their advatage by dropping a letter, duh. It’s way faster now.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Amphigory posted:

I've gotten a good steer in here many a time

Well this is certainly a new euphemism 🤔

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

TrashMammal posted:

went looking for an adult-themed switch case on ali and all i got was anime titties

That’s what adults want, duh. Try “absolutely totally normal person” as a qualifier instead.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Didn’t these show up in convenience stores holding little roses or something as well? A time-honored…container solution.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

withak posted:

The little glass tubes with flowers and the copper Brillo pads are for crack, these ones with spheres on are for meth.

Ah poo poo, outed as uncool again, dangit

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Just look at your present company. Regular bunch of miserly miscreants!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Slightly disappointed it’s not Dildo de Magi

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Troubadour posted:

For the retro console people, I've been informed that a lot of these consoles are at their lowest price ever.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-3yJqvvcqd1hzTdHzBrL-mhuw0i6Aw6vXLq51sEGnhA/edit#gid=0
https://www.reddit.com/r/SBCGaming/comments/1ch5p5j/lowest_prices_ever_seen_for_any_handhelds_big

I just picked up an RG35XX H for $42 with an 8 dollar off coupon.

Thanks for this - how do you get to the lowest price though? I’m looking at the X55, AE says $75, maybe $8 coupon, sheet says $64 :confused:
I also don’t know how to use coins, so…

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Troubadour posted:

Yeah, I'm seeing $75 as well from the link. I think AE might be showing, like, a price of 55 EUR, but only from a European IP. I usually see different prices whenever someone posts a sale link to SBCGaming.

As for the coupon, I never bother with coins either. You can go to the checkout page and enter a coupon code like CDUS08, or NEWUS8OFF if you set up a new account.

By the way, this is kind of personal preference, but I bought a Powkiddy RGB30 max10 3 a couple months back and I didn't really like the buttons. They aren't bad per se but the control isn't as good as some other controllers I've used. That's one of the reason I'm getting an Anbernic device now. Powkiddy does give the best price/performance, though.

I had settled on the X55 for sidewaysness and size. I feel like much smaller and it won’t be nice to hold, plus I can plug into the TV and let my son actually see some NES games.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I always wait too long to get on these drat sales, oh well. Hopefully those in the article pop up for global customers as well.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

sleepy gary posted:

It would be nice if Aliexpress could invest like half a day into fixing their website randomly changing my location, currency, and language. I don't live in loving 3 Notch Alabama.

The algorithm is trying to suggest places you might like.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Payment hiccuped right at the end and all the deals dropped off. Forced me to cart refresh and my total was magically $30 higher than moments before. 😒

Guess I’ll be waiting for the whatever sales later this month.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I have that little tree, got it for my wife, she ended up not digging putting them together, so I stayed up one night and did it while she was in the hospital. She didn’t much care, and shortly thereafter it got wrecked. Some of the connections for major components just weren’t too tight. Especially for the tiny sets I’ve started to think about supergluing when I run into those spots.

Nobody is gonna re-use those (as opposed to my son, who so thoroughly dismantled the first stages of a star destroyer that the pieces are basically lost and I have 4/5ths of it sitting on a shelf with nothing to do with it). He does not have a single Lego set still in its original format. Makes me twitch a bit, but whatever.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

He enjoys building the stuff usually, and had been begging for that set, so I was hoping he would at least build it through and get some satisfaction and pride out of it, but hey.

We may have reached saturation point with legos, may have overdone it a bit, can’t recall having very many as a kid. But enough about my neuroses, let’s buy more cheap stuff!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I see people reselling the complete sets with instructions for a bit, but also lots of people selling bulk legos by the pound or whatever too, so you’re not alone on that one.

I think I’d have to find endless mundane piece sorting to be soothing or something to actually go through with that sort of project, but I know for sure pieces are already lost (like, big pieces).

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

My son has hardware drawer/cabinet things. But he could care less about keeping it organized at this point (he’s only 7 though, maybe that sort of neurotic behavior appears later, haha). He just sits amidst piles/containers and thinks up stuff and digs for what he wants or something close. He’s probably way better on imagination there than me.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I feel like I didn’t have a ton (where it would’ve been a pile of parts to build from). But I also really can’t remember. I was a build-and-keep type anyway (obviously).
I’ve definitely been trying to make up for lost time before finally slowing myself down a bit now. Might’ve overdone it…
The other cool Lego thing I found (Temu, I think) was a like a blanket that dumps into a bucket. So kids play on the blanket, it has an elastic pull line around the edge (I think) and it connects to a bucket, so at the end you pick up the blanket and dump the legos into the bucket. I think we got a Lego vacuum on Amazon or something too. Not brilliant but makes it so they get picked up sometimes

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 9, 2024

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Trampus posted:

I couldn't remember which thread I was in.

Hey man, we’re just trying to build you up here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

codo27 posted:

Never never never never never never never install any program with "driver" in the name.

What if it’s endorsed by Adam Driver?