Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:

Pick posted:

i want to see what my cat does when i am away

I do this (well, dog) with an old Android phone, there are apps to turn them into webcams.

Unsurprisingly he sleeps 99% of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
So against all advice I bought something over $10. Unboxing? It's on the back doorstep at the moment for fear of cadmium fumes.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

My aliguitar, after some improvements. Hopefully the awful app will actually post the image.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Regarding EDC pens, I rather like this one. It even has "tactical" in its name, but I don't know really what kind of tactics it would be good for. Nice and heavy and the bolt-action is great for fidgeting with, takes standard Parker refills, also comes in brass. If it had inches as well as centimetres, that would be great.

I wish someone would tell Ali that it's safe to ship to Canada now, I haven't been able to get my ordering-of-crap fix for weeks.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Ugh, this is the second time I've got stuff with an EU power supply. Grr, at least I can MacGyver this with a soldering iron and a spare guitar pedal power cable... Remember kids, Ali will send you the wrong flavor of power given half a chance.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Shut up Meg posted:

Are the flash deals the same for everyone, or are they personalised?

I sure hope not, otherwise they seem to think I'm big into bikinis and lingerie... Well maybe I am, but not as a consumer.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

No pervy stuff today in my freebies, but maybe yesterday or the day before there was a buttplug with a big furry tail... did not apply. I do wish there was a way to personalize your interests, although what with them putting guitars, fishing equipment, and swimwear in the same category it probably wouldn't matter (and the hilarious miscategorizations also).

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Yeah I was going to ask too, I've been growing trees but no idea what for, the "shop with coins" offerings are pretty uninspiring and often not really a deal. And the $0.01 section is always sold out, maybe a time zone thing?

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Dumb question maybe: what is this "D" unit (heh) that I keep seeing? 5D phone cases, 9D eyebrow serum, 7D offroad truck lights...

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Can we talk about this image in my freebies

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

C$ 23.90 50%OFF | New product elephant pull mask Halloween latex aquatic animal shell funny dance party costume props
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrW4QTD

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I have discovered perpetual motion!

2021-09-12 11:33 Zhengzhou City, [Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center] has been exported and directly sealed. Due to the impact of epidemic control, the mail time limit may be extended
2021-09-12 11:33 Zhengzhou City, [Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center] returned, remarks: security check returned
2021-09-09 21:20 Beijing, 【Beijing International Mail Exchange Station】return
2021-09-08 10:32 Beijing, delivered to the carrier for transportation
2021-09-07 14:33 Zhengzhou, leave [Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center], next stop [Beijing International Mail Exchange]
2021-09-06 08:53 Zhengzhou City, [Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center] has been exported and sealed
2021-09-06 08:53 Zhengzhou City, [Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center] has been exported and sealed
2021-09-06 08:53 Zhengzhou City, [Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center] returned, remarks: security check returned
2021-09-04 02:14 Beijing, 【Beijing International Mail Exchange Station】return
2021-09-02 13:44 Beijing, delivered to the carrier for transportation
2021-09-02 13:25 Beijing, leaving [Beijing International Tianzhu Processing Center], next stop [Beijing International Mail Exchange Station] (transit)
2021-09-01 10:40 Beijing, arriving at【Beijing Comprehensive Mail Processing Center】(Transit)
2021-08-30 22:35 Zhengzhou City, leave [Mail Processing Center of East Campus of Zhengzhou Central Bureau], next stop [Beijing Comprehensive Mail Processing Center]
2021-08-30 16:03 Zhengzhou, arrived at [Mail Processing Center of the East Campus of Zhengzhou Central Bureau]
2021-08-29 10:51 Zhengzhou City, [Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center] has been exported and sealed
2021-08-29 10:51 Zhengzhou City, [Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center] returned, remarks: security check returned
2021-08-25 11:32 Beijing, 【Beijing International Mail Exchange Station】return
2021-08-23 13:24 Beijing, delivered to the carrier for transportation
2021-08-23 11:31 Beijing, leaving [Beijing International Tianzhu Processing Center], next stop [Beijing International Mail Exchange Station] (transit)
2021-08-22 08:45 Beijing, arriving at【Beijing Comprehensive Mail Processing Center】(Transit)
2021-08-20 22:06 Zhengzhou City, leave [Mail Processing Center of East Campus of Zhengzhou Central Bureau], next stop [Beijing Comprehensive Mail Processing Center]
2021-08-20 14:59 Zhengzhou, arrived at [Mail Processing Center of the East Campus of Zhengzhou Central Bureau]
2021-08-19 14:51 Zhengzhou City, [Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center] has been exported and sealed
2021-08-19 14:51 Zhengzhou City, [Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center] returned, remarks: security check returned
2021-08-17 05:08 Beijing, 【Beijing International Mail Exchange Station】return
2021-08-14 14:56 Beijing, delivered to the carrier for transportation
2021-08-14 14:16 Beijing, leaving [Beijing International Tianzhu Processing Center], next stop [Beijing International Mail Exchange Station] (transit)
2021-08-14 03:06 Beijing, arriving at【Beijing Comprehensive Mail Processing Center】(Transit)
2021-08-12 22:18 Zhengzhou City, leave [Mail Processing Center of East Campus of Zhengzhou Central Bureau], next stop [Beijing Comprehensive Mail Processing Center]
2021-08-11 10:31 Zhengzhou City, [Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center] has been exported and sealed
2021-08-11 09:18 Zhengzhou, Arrive【Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center】
2021-08-10 17:15 Zhengzhou, leave [Zhengzhou International Parcel Sales Department], next stop [Zhengzhou International]
2021-08-10 16:24 Zhengzhou City, [Zhengzhou International Parcel Sales Department] has been received and mailed, soliciting investors: Zhang Xiaofei

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Ha, I ordered this "New Upgrade Powerful Slingshot Rifle Portable Semi-Automatic Enhanced Edition Slingshot Bow for Outdoor Hunting and Shooting"
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0JlYOS . It got some kind of "returned" status when shipping, so I got a refund. Today it arrived, of course. Or, half of it I guess since the listing says it will be shipped in two parts, the other part lost to the ether. Oh well.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Most of it, as far as I can tell. Grips, rubber tubes, lots of bolts and nuts and doodads. But no "barrel", and I think I see a spring going down the middle in the listing which is not in the (very crushed) box I got. Eh, I probably should take that "ignorance of the law is no excuse" thing into account next time I go on an Ali bender.

Relatedly I got a nice letter from the Canadian Border Services about a karambit knife they seized, which I had also got a refund for a long time ago because it missed its delivery date, but in the meantime I ordered a bigger, scarier, and Canadian-made one from Amazon and it came just fine. I hope the cops aren't reading this, I don't need anybody coming around to shoot my dog and take my letter opener.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Update on rifle slingshot: second package arrived. So, free disassembled instructionless eye-putter-outer!

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Behold! So far have only injured my hand assembling it. Eye removal will have to wait.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Latex pink farts!

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Another well considered Ali purchase!

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Rally? In COVID times? But yeah the thing has like an 8 inch blade, I'm not taking it anywhere but camping. For, you know, fascist bears.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Uhh where is the link plz?

This has "thoughtful gift" written all over it.

Huh, it's not there anymore. This is the store though, I think you can get most custom engraved.

Edit: maybe they just relisted it: here

Tad Naff fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 13, 2022

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Sphincter included

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Data pool of one, but I had an Anker power bank from Amazon do the sudden-inflation thing.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Last Ali guitar, until the next one

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

That is friggin adorable

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Grocery shopping in America, I suppose

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

They're in love with the word "adsorption". Half of everything in my recommends seem to feature "adsorption" of some sort.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Cripe

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Something for the political people in your life

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

396 orders

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

A variation on a favorite theme

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

This is a normal thing to want

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

cmon you can't post this without a link

Oh all right: C$ 7.05 50%OFF | Nicolas Cage Beanies Caps Men Women Unisex Outdoor Winter Warm Knitting Hat Adult Funny Meme Bonnet Hats
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrpmKEg

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Related, many different designs, all Nic: C$ 4.09 50%OFF | Unisex Saint Nicolas Cage Kitchen Chef Cooking Baking Apron Women Men Funny Meme Tablier Cuisine for Painting
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrUi23i

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Good news!

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Shredder posted:

Man I kinda want one of those Les Paul kits now

Do they have bootleg pickups and poo poo too?

Absolutely. Quality ranges from "production overrun" to "DOA".

What nobody tells you about kit guitars though, is that 99.99% of it is doing the finish. The hardware is maybe an hour, but even a half-assed finish takes at least a week. Oh and then the setup after it's all put together, that can get pretty wild (I wisely decided to build a 12-string tele for my first effort).

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Shredder posted:

I'm fine with that, I would love to do some sick natural wood finish, I assume these don't have fancy quilted maple tops or anything though.

The shipping is silly though, $35 for the guitar kit and $85 shipping, yeesh

What shop did you use, got a link?

Mine came from Amazon, the brand was "Bexgears". I don't see that brand on Ali but I'm sure they're all more or less similar. I'm seeing a lot of $35 + $120 shipping options. Or the "saving money isn't the point" LP kit here for $400 and free shipping:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msofRoW

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Ha, I'm using an Ali TENS unit right now, because I am also a sedentary computer toucher. It's fine, no real difference in feeling that I can tell from the units they used on me in physio.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

XYZAB posted:

Does anybody else do this: I find a random small item that I need maybe two or three of, it'll have a shipping price of $2 for one unit, but when I add an additional item it jumps the shipping cost up to something like $8, and if I add a third one it jumps up again to something like $13. So rather than buy three items together for $13 s&h, I buy each one three times and spend $6 total on s&h instead of $13.

Is this a common trick? Should I feel bad? Am I abusing the system in a way that is frowned upon and will ultimately get me banned?

I figure if they let you do it, do it. I've been haunting the "3+ items" thing for a while, ordering e.g. single cupboard door latches on each order (because they won't let you add multiple of the same item). The problem now is that I've mined the offerings for everything I want, (or am vaguely interested by) but I still need a couple more of the latches.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

NM, posted already

E: huh, undeleteable attachment. Oh well, enjoy

Tad Naff fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

Do not bake the face.