Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Sagebrush posted:

- "Salae Logic Analyzer". Remains to be seen if this does what it's supposed to at all. If so, great tool for the electronics kit.

I just received mine, it was about $7 and was recognized immediately by Saleae's Logic application.

I tested with "Hello, world" over 3.3V UART at 57600 baud and it works :)

The official 8-channel one is $220. I feel kind of guilty.

Hunter2 Thompson fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1sets-New-Arrival-USB-Logic-Analyze-24M-8CH-MCU-ARM-FPGA-DSP-debug-tool/32246802326.html

There are more expensive ones with more channels and faster sample rates out there too.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, mine worked perfectly too. It can only store a fraction of a second of data at the high sample rates (i.e. it doesn't appear to be able to stream it over USB) but that may be normal for this kind of device. Works great if you treat it like an oscilloscope and pick appropriate triggers.

Please post any other useful tools for useless electrical engineers you may find. I'm still waiting on Segger J-Link clone that I'll post about once it arrives.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Never buy a speedometer from AliExpress

https://streamable.com/hvu71

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I don't know what the reason is but China loving loves naphthalene. Half the stuff I buy from AliExpress smells like it. When I go to China for work nearly every building smells faintly of it (mothballs, maybe). idgi

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I wanna get one of these jackets made of retroreflective fabric. Too bad I haven't found one with sleeves long enough for my troglodyte frame.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3M-...2770962725.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I cheated and used amazon prime instead of aliex to get the retroreflective jacket because of the free returns policy on clothing.

It's no joke, the jacket's reflectivity is powerful and capable of overwhelming the weak-minded.

However, I'm returning it.

It's like wearing a trash bag in several ways. First, I'm typically a medium men's size so I ordered it in XL. It's way too big, a large would probably work. Second, it has absolutely no moisture permeability, like a trash bag.

I'd still like one, preferably breathable. Nike used to make (or still makes) fully retroreflective jackets, but what's left is really expensive.