Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I know this is the thread for cheap bootleg stuff but I want to drop a link to this artist's actual store. He's got other designs if you like this one :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

This exists in a state as both a figure where Homer has a real human skin tone and is wearing a yellow full head hood and also as a Simpsons skin toned figure that's completely nude except for some accessories.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Bummey posted:

So, do cats not flail around like maniacs when you have them loosely bagged like that? Because that doesn't exactly look like a vessel of iron-clad containment.

I've used them at work in the past but the ones we had were a solid canvas rather than a mesh and a really determined cat could still impale you through it. They're useful for frightened cats just trying to get away but not the ones that turn into murder beasts out for blood.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Once upon a time someone in here recommended some heavy duty locking pin backs that would secure you know pins into damned near anything

Assuming someone "in the know" hears my plea is there any specific brand that is very good or will just any old option like say this one do? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYS7N9J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qFmeDbN80RW8F

I bought this exact pack about a year ago. My only tip is to try each one out on a pin you don't care about before putting them onto your clothes / bag / whatever so you can get a feel for how they work and in case a few don't work right. I had maybe two or three duds that didn't lock and one back got stuck on a pin when the mechanism on top pulled off somehow.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I got a big pack of locking pin backs on amazon that were probably just a drop ship from ali or something and I'd recommend testing each and every one with a pin you don't care about before using them to pin stuff to material. I had a few not lock and, on one memorable occasion, one got jammed stuck onto the pin and broke when I tried to pry it off.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

If you're lucky, the ali ripoff is an indie artist with their own storefront. The quarantine Tintin image seems to be by this artist, though I don't see it on his site, he's got another Tintin image in the same style. The other two are image edits and I can't immediately find a source for them, but they'd be such low resolution that it wouldn't look good on a t-shirt print anyway.

You can try googling key phrases of what you see and hope to get a stand-alone image, then do a google image search to try and scare up a source. Doesn't always work, but the ali stuff tends to be popular memes.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yeah, trimming them yourself isn't to keep them short, it's to take the point off them. Scratching on a pad or whatever is how the cat keeps them sharp.

But scratching is important for cats. If yours don't like the posts (mine never have, they don't like vertical scratching much), look for the long flat pad filled with corrugated cardboard. My cats go apeshit for that kind and the one I got (at the pet store) sells refills for the box. It gets shredded cardboard all over the floor, but it's better than them shredding up the couch.

You can also look for a sisal mat and I see aliexpress has both kinds available. I don't know how to pick a good store and none of them seem to have sold a lot of units but caveat emptor.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

uber_stoat posted:

also introduced me to something called "siren head" and i don't know what that is but it seems unsavory.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002763398950.html

It's an internet monster like Slenderman except I don't think anyone's tried to murder a human being because of it yet.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

laserghost posted:

reminded me of this (anime-inspired?) t-shirt: :nws: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003097386461.html

Yeah, this is from a manga called One Punch Man.
:nws: :nws:

(it's cartoony boobs, I don't think it's really nsfw but I'm playing it safe here)

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Basically. The notebook is microwave safe, the ink in the pen reacts to heat to turn clear. You heat the paper up to remove the ink, but you have to use a pen like the Frixon line from Pentel for it to work. You can also just use a hair dryer.

The fancy US brand is the Rocketbook Wave, it's also got an app you use to scan your notes to save them. I don't really get it, myself.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Anne Whateley posted:

Definitely at least with Stitch & Bitch in the 90s. I feel like you can trace the vibe back farther with things like the I Hate to Cook Book and the Dammit Doll

This and also the general vibe of the late 90s - 00s apathy and irony that was everywhere. Being sincerely into crafts your grandma would do was lame, but what if it said a cuss instead. I can understand it to a point, most of the major aesthetics of 80s craft stuff was overly saccharine and this was a reaction to it.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

that and modern synthetic fabrics don't tend to pill (term for the little matted fuzzies you get from some fibers as a result of wear and friction) the way wool does so a lot of people just don't experience it anymore. though my partner has a few polyester pullovers that are pilling like crazy on the sleeves, so that's not always a guarantee.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

DRINK ME posted:

Getting a lot of use out of my cheap little phone-sized ereader. I still need to root it (or whatever the android equivalent of that is) to be able to kill the default Chinese apps but they aren’t bothering me. I have the first page with my apps and they’re all on the second page where I don’t see them.

KOreader app, which I’m using for my non-kindle reading - and so far it’s about 98% of all my use - is a bit of a beast options-wise because it has menus and menus in menus and more menus of tweaks and settings but once it’s setup it’s really nice. And once it's setup you can just hit "make current settings default" and you're done for all books.

How's this reader been treating you lately? I like the idea of the size, but I've heard sometimes the battery life isn't as great as some of the mainstream ereaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I don't "get" lego succulents. Why not just succulents? Aren't they extremely easy to keep alive? Water once a month or something?

for any of these kinds of lego sets, the fun is more in seeing how they used lego to make a real looking thing and less the end product in most cases. for me, anyway.

i built the mini plants sets and it's pretty cool how creative the design team gets when making a little pitcher plant or something