Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

FuhrerHat posted:

its the best burger, ive never heard anyone complain about this burger, we have tons of great people who love this burger, its the online trolls that are lying, etc

seriously they have the same delusion.

Sociopaths share similarities across cultural lines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

You disappoint me, Ramsay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xhfJRdwHnU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

FuhrerHat posted:

its the best burger, ive never heard anyone complain about this burger, we have tons of great people who love this burger, its the online trolls that are lying, etc

seriously they have the same delusion.

This is what everyone says.

Gordon: How is the business doing?
Owner: We are losing $8,000 a month and will shut down in less than three months.
Gordon: The problem is the food isn't good.
Owner: Everyone loves our food! Everyone! There's nothing wrong with it!

Yes, restaurants with good food often lose $8,000 a month and close down.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

JonathonSpectre posted:

This is what everyone says.

Gordon: How is the business doing?
Owner: We are losing $8,000 a month and will shut down in less than three months.
Gordon: The problem is the food isn't good.
Owner: Everyone loves our food! Everyone! There's nothing wrong with it!

Yes, restaurants with good food often lose $8,000 a month and close down.

I think this is a pretty common thing in restaurants (and bars too for that matter). They figure they have regulars so they must be doing something right, and want to keep them and just add more rather than start their customer base from scratch. It's like they don't realize the only reason the elderly flock to your restaurant for the early bird special is a) their tastebuds are poo poo and b) you give them enough food for them to eat for the next day or more just from the leftovers. They aren't the customers you want.

Sometimes Gordon's choices for the menu seem above the abilities of the "chefs" they have and if the owner is almost a million in debt I doubt they can afford to suddenly switch to all fresh ingredients, but there's only so much he can do I guess.

thecommodore64
Jun 9, 2010

What a homo, can't even eat a dick.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

Thanks to this thread i spent the past two days watching various episodes of Kitchen Nightmares

I much prefer the UK version, its uncensored and feels a bit more "real" plus one of the restaurants is like 5 minutes away from my house!

Has anyone mentioned how much he seems to like taking his shirt off on camera, it happens at least once an episode, there'll be a thing where he's changing into his chefs clothes and showing off his bod' .

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I saw an Alton Brown video where he wanted to make something with corned beef and step one was go out a few days in advance to get a brisket that you're going to soak in brine to make corned beef.

I think I'll just buy corned beef from the store, mate.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Gordon: and how much money are you losing on the business?
Restaurateur: 2000 dollars every week
Gordon: drat. where's all the money going?
Restaurateur: 1000 on microwaves, the rest is stolen by cockroaches for their nests

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

james was great in this

he got drunk and made a great fish pie and made Gordon meltdown

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Kullik posted:

Thanks to this thread i spent the past two days watching various episodes of Kitchen Nightmares

I much prefer the UK version, its uncensored and feels a bit more "real" plus one of the restaurants is like 5 minutes away from my house!

Has anyone mentioned how much he seems to like taking his shirt off on camera, it happens at least once an episode, there'll be a thing where he's changing into his chefs clothes and showing off his bod' .

OctoberBlues posted:

I've always wanted this for an av but I'm too thrifty to pull the trigger. Look at those buns though!!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Sometimes Gordon's choices for the menu seem above the abilities of the "chefs" they have and if the owner is almost a million in debt I doubt they can afford to suddenly switch to all fresh ingredients, but there's only so much he can do I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1NfWIaYed8

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

A sad bum.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

fyodor posted:

A sad bum.

For the love of god, this.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Whorelord posted:

james was great in this

he got drunk and made a great fish pie and made Gordon meltdown

Yeah it's pretty great, maybe James may should do Hell's Kitchen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwPmLwW1-PA

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BBC has a James May show called the Reassembler. I like the guy but that is a strange premise for a show.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

...and the pitch! posted:

BBC has a James May show called the Reassembler. I like the guy but that is a strange premise for a show.

it's the best thing you'll ever watch.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

tactlessbastard posted:

I saw an Alton Brown video where he wanted to make something with corned beef and step one was go out a few days in advance to get a brisket that you're going to soak in brine to make corned beef.

I think I'll just buy corned beef from the store, mate.

Your loss, homemade corned beef is really really easy and super awesome.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

...and the pitch! posted:

Oddly, I dislike the programme because the object is correctly disassembled and he has instructions from the production team on how to put it together again.

I'd much rather watch him pull something apart himself, then reassemble it. There's no challenge if someone has done all the hard thinking for you.

Or if they gave him a barrel of bits and a parts diagram and let him work it out.

the floor is baklava
May 4, 2003

SHAME

Tom Gorman posted:

Here's Gordon catching puffins out of the air with a net on a dangerous cliffside and killing them and eating them

It's pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a40VeD8YxiU

I enjoy when he rips its skin off and eats its heart :)

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I lost respect for him when he pussed out about shooting a deer.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Remember when he raised a pig to show his family what a big tough guy he was and then at the end he cried and couldn't slaughter it lolol.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

fyodor posted:

Remember when he raised a pig to show his family what a big tough guy he was and then at the end he cried and couldn't slaughter it lolol.

He did that with lambs and turkeys too it owned. He wanted to show his London big city based family where their food comes from and he gets by far the most upset about it. His 3 young daughters didn't give a poo poo. Its not a terrible idea and it was semi interesting.

He ended up slaughtering them all I think but by taking 'em to the slaughterhouse. Like with the pigs they're being gutted just off camera and he's pale white lol.

TrustmeImLegit fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 1, 2017

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

spog posted:

Oddly, I dislike the programme because the object is correctly disassembled and he has instructions from the production team on how to put it together again.

I'd much rather watch him pull something apart himself, then reassemble it. There's no challenge if someone has done all the hard thinking for you.

Or if they gave him a barrel of bits and a parts diagram and let him work it out.

Even if he did that, we would assume he cheated anyway.
I think you miss the point somewhat. Its not a challenge show. Its about him slowly and lovingly talking about the device and admiring the skill of the original engineering.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
He does get some badass points for taking a vodka shot of a still beating snake's heart in Vietnam.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

fyodor posted:

A sad bum.

A very British rear end, for sure

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
I've never heard truer words in my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCc8IEvh70w&t=47s

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

The steak is about a mile thick and that stupid loving rube is complaining about what? Char on the outside? What a donkey.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
UK kitchen nigtmares is better than US

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Nonviolent J posted:

UK kitchen nigtmares is better than US

Duh?

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
It needs to be said once per day rear end in a top hat

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
do you think gordon is gay

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nonviolent J posted:

No he's literally angry all the time. The opposite of gay.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nonviolent J posted:

He's not gay but I get a real serious heteroflexible/swinger vibe off him

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
there was a two part ep of US kitchen nightmares about some burger place in L.A. and the owner pronounced wagyu as "way-goo"

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hahaha can you believe that burger restaurant owner would butcher the glorious nihongo language like that? loving baka gaijin, get some real culture. I bet he doesn't even watch Lucky Star.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I don't know who's dumber, the restaurant people who can't tell if lobster is rotten or a customer who would order loving lobster from a lovely restaurant like that.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Riptor posted:

there was a two part ep of US kitchen nightmares about some burger place in L.A. and the owner pronounced wagyu as "way-goo"

To be fair the owner was Australian.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nonviolent J posted:

There is a 100% chance he jerked off some of his fellow soccer players when he was old enough to know better, and a 95% chance he justifies it to himself as being akin to beating them up because they didn't want it (they kinda did though, being British soccer players and all), making his own arousal justified.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Riptor posted:

I remember that one he was an Australian living in LA and he had the most obnoxious accent I've ever heard out of either of those countries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

https://youtu.be/1Gdl-A1DvpA

• Locked thread