Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im glad fafnir got a boyfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

Blue Exorcist is showing up a lot for something that doesn't get talked about at all on ADTRW.
adtrw is like 50-100 random anime nerds, mostly older men. ao no exorcist is popular with young people and from what I can tell, mostly women.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

You seem to have used too many 0's there

ADTRW (115 users browsing)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

i would be very motivated

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Xeiros posted:

Normies getting bent out of shape over Maid Dragon continues to be both sad and amusing. All of things they find offensive, creepy, off-putting, etc in fiction I either enjoy or am indifferent to. I'd already encountered them in far more explicit circumstances in other forms of fiction and they didn't bother me then. It was always sort of oh that's a thing or I never knew that existed type deal. This is not even a case of desensitization. Like say you walk into your relatives house with their floors soaked with dog piss and the smell is so awful you can barely stand it, but over time you just got used to it. Nothing like that.

It's fiction. Part of our minds, the sometimes rational parts, knows that everything we see in Maid Dragon is nothing more than a series of ideas cobbled together and represented through writing, drawings, sounds, etc to simulate an experience. The simulation works so well it invokes real emotions. We cry and feel awful when a character dies as if a real person had passed away.

The manga ending to Usagi Drop, Shiro panties in NGNL, anything in Kodomo no Jikan? All that and many others never even remotely bothered or upset me. There's always been that very clear divide that keeps normies on one side of the anime and manga fandom. This is that divide. They see those things that are often considered in society to be immoral, unethical, unlawful, and wrong in the real world depicted in some form in fiction and cannot deal with it. Those fictional kids are being exploited or that fictional character is being molested or raped! This is not right! Someone think of the well being of the made up people in these fabricated events!

Incest? So? Rape! Your point? Child Molestation! It's not real. Can you tell? No matter how close to reality fiction depicts certain characters or events it's never anything more than fiction. It's sort of like The Treachery of Images painting by René Magritte. It's times like these I'm reminded how unlike most people I really am. Oh and by the way the censored line during the Lucoa scene at Kobayashi's pace was that she had raped her sister. Rape and incest at the same time! Now that's going too far! Delete! They apparently felt the mere mention of those things was too much. Wonder if the normies would have had a crying fit if they had left it in.

It's extra funny when you understand that by censoring the manga at points, but then not doing so at other points for the animated adapted they've actually made the blow harder for normies unfamiliar with the source to take. They had no idea what they were in for. No! Not my wholesome family dragon maid anime experience! My eyes! No! Get it away! Make it stop! I love the manga and I love the direction they decided to take it for the adaptation which is as it's supposed to be not a one to one copy, but a reinterpretation of the given material at least to a certain extent.

As far as the absolutely ridiculous notion that fictional immorality effects real people, I refer you to this image.

as someone who didn't think the episode was that bad: lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*DRAGON MAID DUB*

quetzalcoatl: hey kid
shouta: sorry, im not into women

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

It's a shame the guy who led to the making of the best Kiyoani anime by a mile is a monster hwo deserves to die but that's how it is
what did the euphonium author do

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fangz posted:

Made kumiko straight
you can marry a man without being heterosexual

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

s1 is already a tie-in product for sexy kanna hugpillows, i really doubt they would

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

some people are very short and have huge tits, irl, it isnt really any more oversexualized or impossible than like, any of the other dragon designs. hot take there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

scorching, I agree

She is Kanna-sized. That's beyond "short", that's 3,000-year-old demon in the body of a child territory. I'm not even going to post some of the official art of her(hell even one of the covers, the fourth volume, is too much) because I don't really want to get in trouble.

iruru's design is ridiculously oversexualized, i agree. but every dragon is oversexualized except the water one that never shows up, so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hoobajoo posted:

Her physical appearance is coded as a child with huge tits, not as an adult woman who is short with huge tits. It's fine if you can look past that and enjoy her character/the comic, but you should acknowledge it is a step worse than the rest.
the manga spends 90% of its lucoa horny energy on her basically molesting a six year old boy, and kanna's appearance is even more child-like than iruru's and the manga still revs up its fryers for her. at least iruru seems vaguely possible to read as an adult on some level and the manga gets horny for her without involving literal human children you can't even pull the 'actually she's 3000 years old' excuse on.

i dont even like the character or the manga btw im not stanning here. iruru is bad because kobayashi's dragon maid is problematique, she isn't some unique misstep.

• Locked thread