Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Glagha posted:

What are you talking about? My favorite part of the manga was the part where the small child with beachball tits shows up and gives the protagonist a dick and has to struggle with not getting a hard on while being cuddled by her surrogate child.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Zettace posted:

...the gently caress?

There's a few really uncomfortable things that the manga does that I REALLLLLY hope the anime doesn't do.

There's one involving Kanna, one involving Lucoa, and the one mentioned above.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the ones involving Kanna and Lucoa make it in given how fast we are going through the material and who shows up in the OP.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I think in the manga she does say it a bit more ... forcefully than just "but I'm a woman" - I don't quite remember though and I'm not gonna check. It may in fact be "but I'm not into women".

The kyoani anime definitely delves more into the "ladies raising a kid" aspect than the manga, so the funi dubbers may just think they're sticking to source material more.

E: :v:

Looks like my low effort is wrong again.

I think the dub is accurate.

In the manga she never even thought of Tooru sexually until she magically gets given a dick.

I'm serious.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Fangz posted:

EDIT: ^^^ Who gives a poo poo about what the manga says.

Obviously the anime is it's own thing, but the manga can give insight into authorial intent, which is pretty vital when doing a translation.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I somehow missed that the human girl with the fivehead has a straight up spotlight reflection coming off it when I first watched. She better be a reoccurring character since she's in the opening and all because she's the best human not named Kobayashi

She is.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The Sandman posted:

Yeah, not sure if that was in the manga or a little bit added for the anime.

Also, Ojojojo is really good and you should all be reading it if you aren't already.

I started ojojojo and I assume this girl doesn't remain this unlikable?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Oh boy, next week's show could go bad if it follows the manga.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Blue Exorcist is showing up a lot for something that doesn't get talked about at all on ADTRW.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Hyouka was great.

I ended up dropping that one around the murder film arc because every episode felt very samey.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It's heavily implied.

As Kobayashi sips her coffee.

It's a little more blatant in the manga too.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The only thing loli oppai was good for in the manga was a brief discussion of Plato's forms.

You guys aren't missing anything.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I like how the looped all the skeevy stuff in one episode so that people can know to skip this one.

That is, of course, assume oppai loli doesn't show up later.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Thankfully, I don't think the young boy even shows up again in the manga. So we never have to revisit that awful poo poo.

Kanna will go back to being a cute baby dragon and no more...

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

HellCopter posted:

IIRC somebody did the math and there's no way to stretch the currently released material into 13 episodes while still avoiding the Iruru stuff.
But KyoAni isn't in the business of selling uncensored blu-rays so I have faith in them. Their anime-original scenes have been ace so far.

Iruru doesn't show up in the OP though, and every other dragon is in it there, including ones which haven't been introduced yet until after the half-way point.

I really hope they do some origional content instead.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

chumbler posted:

I would like some original stuff to help flesh out Elma.

Also we still have the hot springs episode to go.

What was objectionable about the hot springs chapter? Nothing jumps out from my memory.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Hey guys what's going on in her...
:yikes::pedo:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

A dragon would never let a human penetrate him.

Hey guys what's going on in here...

:yikes:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

which goon is brave enough to post that twitters other recent meme itt

https://twitter.com/Chiukii/status/833541865270018048

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Space Flower posted:

Shouta had a lot of good faces. I basically had no opinion on him before, but now it seems he's quite cute.

Instead of pulling him and Lucoa from scenes like some wanted, KyoAni actually added them into this week's material. KyoAni shows once again that their adaptions aren't half-assed or uninspired. They've always taken side characters and filled them out, made them shine. Yay.

Iyay!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry6rgpxNhz0&t=16s

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

I wonder if Kanna if also from the same faction as Elma based on her eye color.

Kanna is also from the Chaos faction.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tiny feet.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Zernach posted:

Now I'm wondering what their electrical bill looks like. Then again Kanna is a small and good dragon that doesn't resort to giant death beams when faced with everyday troubles.

If she uses the energy of one blast from a US navy ship-mounted laser system (about 50 kilowatts) that's about $1 or less. So probably not that much.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 2, 2017

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Episode should have ended with Kobayashi smoking lower torso after Touru obliterated her.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm so happy for my strong gay dragon child.

Iruru continues to look very very dead. Kanna visiting Kobayashi's office was the first scene Iruru should have been in that she's been explicitly written out of, and between how much original material was in this ep and how much the preview seems to show, I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining 4 eps are comprised of a bunch of original content and then the confrontation with Tohru's dad.

Iruru's main use in the story was getting Kobayashi closer to Tohru/Kanna and explaining why exactly Kanna got banished, so it seems they are doing those functions with the other characters

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Poil posted:

How old is Kanna by the way? If dragons mature a lot slower than humans it might cause problems in the future. :ohdear:

I don't think that they give any of the dragon's ages the manga.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Hypha posted:

Why won't Kobayashi eat the tail?

It's poisonous.

I'm actually kinda baffled as to why she keeps trying to feed it to her.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Yey.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Pretty much 100% anime original.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xa0Dr_3Dsg

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Mirage posted:

That was the coziest episode of anything I've ever seen.

Wonder if I can find a kotatsu anyplace around here ...

It's just a heater screwed into the bottom of a table with a blanket over it. It's actually super easy to make.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

Is there anything they keeps you from scalding yourself on the heating element accidentally?

Not particularly. Build it a little taller is you are worried.

http://retireby40.org/save-heating-stay-warm/

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

:stare: No thanks.

Loliconics is a national treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssivABAvNi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnqtkFlK9AA

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Aurora posted:

Kyon kissed Haruhi

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

This scene was great.

https://sakugabooru.com/data/c711d45872e7d38669c36042ad2c3c2d.mp4

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Wicked.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The dub for Kanna is looking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9wpezqKFnA

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I thought umaru was pretty bad but eh.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Paracelsus posted:

Umaru does grow up a bit as the series progresses.

I got through half of it before giving up and she had zero character growth in that time and was as awful a goblin as when she started.

Except the jokes had all gone incredibly stale from being used over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If it's the arc i'm thinking of Iruru isn't even around that much for it though she's the catalyst. It's one of the worst chapters of anything i've read though and I can't imagine Kyoani adapting it. I'd also say Iruru's gags are basically just Lucoa's so that'd be not super hard to change. She has big breasts and gets naked for jokes about "wow what big breasts". Except she's a teen so it's weirder though she doesn't have strange scenes with a 10 year old at least. There's one other joke that is bad but it only exists for a chapter and later chapters have just removed it.

Are you talking about the chapter where Iruru gives Kobayashi a penis and she spends the whole chapter getting turned on by Kana?

• Locked thread