Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Gay dragon show is great, I enjoy the amazing fantasy elements of it like:

350$ kid backpack.
:shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

We're midway and so far so good...

Next episode the original material starts entering the slightly questionable territory... So please just stick the landing, I believe you can do it Kyoto Animation. :japan:

Furthermore, I consider that Iruiru must be omitted.

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

So... If I'd like to support these sort of sweet and nice shows to be adapted more often in this high quality way, buying the blurays is customary right?

I don't think I'd be able to explain a figurine to my wife, but a bluray can be easily disguised among the shelves...

Know any place that ships these blurays down to Europe?

Anyway, let's do some sad fan-art...

Thank you Miss Kobayashi... :sadwave:

Comrade Kirov fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 14, 2017

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Two episodes per volume, 50 dollars each...

Ha ha, what?

Is that for real?

Do I get an actual dragon maid if I buy the whole set?

Am I missing something? Like there being a bit more reasonably priced full release later down the line?

Is Japan going through 'Whatever-discs-are-made-out-of' crisis?

Comrade Kirov fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 14, 2017

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

More adorable gay dragons works for me! :yayclod:

And I mean, it's going pretty well with no sexual overtones with regards to children so glass half full!? Hopefully?

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Important reminder to us all.

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Xeiros posted:

Haha, sexy children jokes are fine because you should have expected it from reading the manga you puritan normies.

:smithcloud:

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i resent the idea that fafnir and takiya would betray their 2d lifestyle with a physical relationship. if they are pure enough to subsist on instant rise then they can resist the temptations of the 3d world

I bet in the bonus episode they get married in Not-WoW because Fafnir wants a limited time valentines item or somth.

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Have we been spoiled too much by the amazing animated small dragon fanart?

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Space Flower posted:

to be continued

Fangz posted:

That post belongs in the small maidragon thread

It's fine! We can invade this thread and consume it just as we learned from our tiny, hungry-hungry overlord.

All hail Kanna, may she devour all in her domain!

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Fangz posted:

because its smaller than the other one

Ohh

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

There is something very strange when it's the same Kanna face on a very tall body...

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

What's that random crystal Kobayashi was holding?

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Mill Village posted:

I'm at work and somebody is going to beat me to another Kanna av. :negative:

I'd not worry, every Kanna screen bit is a golden av possibility!

It's impossible we'll run out of them!

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

This is now the best thread

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

http://maidragon.jp/special/wallpaper.php

More arts, more wallpapers, more more more! :peanut:

Sadly, lackluster Fafnir representation...

Don't worry Faf-dono, I still like you.

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Apparently the leaked dub for this scene is going to be:
'Your hair is very soft, do boys like the smell of that conditioner?'

This anime is so nice... We only have two episodes left right? I'm gonna miss this warm feeling in my cold dead heart every Wednesday.

Also, I like how Tohru just handwaves the fact that she's a massive villain and so are most of her friends...

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I think we have 5 more? Maybe 4? I'm sure I saw that we're getting 12 or 13 episodes.

And I wouldn't really call Tohru a villain. Especially by this late in the series, it's pretty clear that she doesn't look back that fondly on the whole murderous dragon routine (Indeed, she appears actively traumatized by it) and is perfectly content to settle down with Kobayashi. These days her vows of destruction and declarations of humanity's inferiority come off more as posturing.

Well that's just fantastic news!

On the other bit, I mean she's not a villain anymore, same with Faf since they are slowly being turned to the good side by the mysterious powers of Japanese salarymen. But she's still not angel good, which is fine because otherwise it'd be a bit boring!

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Well that's just on a new level innit... It's a fake one right, it's not the actual dub?

It's the quality of joke lines we've writen...

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Excuse me, Elma is an order dragon and good and strong and my friend, and would never cause trouble for anybody. :colbert:

Iruru's not ENTIRELY terrible and even if she shows up I very much doubt her worst scene'll get adapted, I just don't know that she accomplishes very much that the anime hasn't already done better just through slight shifts in focus/delivery and original content.

That's the thing, her character is not entirely terrible since she does serve a story purpose. Esp with being that little devil that tempted Kanna to destroy the office so that Kobayashi would get a day off... Her character design on the other hand serves only one very strange specific purpose :pedo:

Elma gags were fantastic, Lucoa gags were not horrible.

Once more I enjoy this episode of 'Kanna the Animation featuring Gay Moms'.

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdRMxM5208E

Quality stuff for best quality show

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

A VERY good dragon! It's all lit up like the Strip or something. Just missing the fountains.

Also, I quite enjoyed this fresh new take on the classic tale meant to teach us compassion for our fellow human beings, and also how magical girls played pivotal role in avenging Asano Naganori's unjust seppuku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

That was a happy ending, even though I'm sad it came.

Even though my Wednesdays will have a big Kanna shaped hole in them from now until the end of time, it was truly one of the warmest and pleasant shows I ever watched.

And yes, Single mother Kobayashi was heart-wrenching.

• Locked thread