Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
hosed up the thread subtitle isn't D for Dragon.

also, TIL the original title was already a portmanteau (メイドラゴン: meidoragon) and the scanlation/localization both split it apart for some inane reason

here are some character bios, courtesy of @HugBdrill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

NOW JUST WAIT ONE SECOND

illusory wall ahead

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It's fine to just think her boobs are too obscenely big but the "she's a kid" angle is lame and dismissive. Iruru acts like and is stated to be Tohru's peer in multiple respects, never a child. How do you even discern anything between her feet and toes as being something other than 'generic Cool body, but stumpier.' The dude is poo poo at anatomy and all of his strength is in expressive faces and lineart. I'm aware 'oppai loli' is a thing and that doesn't stop me from thinking the phrase and concept are dumb. Hestia can back me up here.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Tohru was mentioned to be named after a western author, which kind of makes you think Tolkien?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
looking forward to more saikawa than in the manga thanks to kyoani-original content. 4head3me

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Fangz posted:

EDIT: ^^^ Who gives a poo poo about what the dub says.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://u.nya.is/azxaic.webm
https://u.nya.is/jzuysa.webm

maji te

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Plausible deniability doesn't mean change the line to "I'm straight, no thanks," is my hot take

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
They're good at adding and expanding yeah. Like in the manga a spontaneous gift for Kanna becomes two connected scenes in ep 4.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

partial summaries

6. visiting Saikawa's house
7. beach and comiket
8. bento competition. title hidden. Yamada and Nishiya's ep!
9. parent's day + (anime orig.) athletic meet

"also need to add that these summaries are just partial summaries. For example the episode 4 summary says nothing about dodge ball so theres still a lot of other stuff being covered."

very excite

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
saikawa shorts!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
elma seems to be a latecomer too. they could sneak her into one of the upcoming eps but the chapters mentioned didn't feature her anyway, iirc

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It's funi, so it'll be "no homo"

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

dorabun

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
some previews

hang on, this looks familiar

woah, these are all background characters, not random people!! sasuga kyoani

🤔

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
its good, reminds me of paranoia agent

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Futaba Anzu posted:

did you not read the manga? i thought your last post implied that

i was literally the person showing you the manga before! gahh!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ah, the "forced memes from 4chan that almost faded away for good, make their way to the rest of the internet so I get to see them everywhere now" meme

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
*lorax voice* I speak for the memes.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
they literally just did Koe no Katachi

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
kanna's thread is being neglected? do you hate her?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nate RFB posted:

I don't think I can handle, this

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It's tiring and disingenuous when people do nothing in this thread but try to absolve themselves of the manga like they were forced to read it. Seriously, you don't have to bring it up. In fact I think the anime-original posters would thank you for it.

and looking at upcoming material in the show is one thing, but big plot moments in the manga are being brought up non-sequitur? idk

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Feb 14, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Futaba Anzu posted:

i like when she eats the crab in that chapter

kyoani couldn't have made this ep cuter. nice twister addition there, and faf-kun introspection was real good.

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 15, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I'm sorry you skipped the whole episode. They teased that next week is the beach chapter. Maybe you can skip to the comiket part where they read lewd doujinshi. ah, hm...

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
for clarity, the line in the manga is originally the same as kyoani used today, " . . . したかった"

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

HellCopter posted:

But KyoAni isn't in the business of selling uncensored blu-rays so I have faith in them.

lol at everything this implies.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Not my KyoAni.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

chumbler posted:

I would like to help flesh out Elma.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'm not surprised, but nonetheless impressed. thanks for the gay birb imagery, kyoani

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
knowing ancient gods, I'm willing to bet her entire involvement with the aztecs was weird sex stuff.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

honestly if that joke was repeated verbatim in Gintama or something I probably wouldn't bat an eyelash but someone itt has told me Cool loves shotacon so it's hard to dismiss it as just a weird joke

yeah it's played innocuously enough that you could brush it off but their designs are basically a big nod.

but i mean, I think the main sell behind Cool K as a mangaka is he's an active doujinka who shapes his perverted ideas into heartwarming stories

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i get just not liking the general atmosphere around kanna and saikawa, but imo it's weird that people just flat out say they want to gently caress. they're children, and don't know what a gently caress is.

children copy what they see which is why saikawa says she wants a relationship like kobayashi and tooru have, and i think the entire point is missed if you try to finish their thoughts for them. kids have nebulous impressions of intimacy. they don't know what they're talking about, which is why kanna and saikawa's thoughts are both left trailing. it's supposed to be precocious.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Fangz posted:

Hasn't a jp viewer already translated what Kanna mouthed to basically 'wash each other by licking', i.e. The thing that Kanna and Tohru did in dragon form?

makes sense, and reiterates my point if so. i'm kind of surprised if reading her mouth is actually that easy though, I just brushed it off when I saw people trying to do that.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also, FWIW, I've heard a few folks say that translation's bad and the original line was the tongue-cleaning thing Kanna mouthed in the anime.

Yeah, I clarified the lines are the same, in this thread!! Ahhhhh

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

thank you kyoani

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

the one we've been unable to shut up about for the last 3 pages (meaning kanna is imitating them)

This doesn't help me at all. They're making out in the Saikawa house while Georgie watches? Or while sharing an umbrella?? a??

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
fanart as a tangent from a show is cool and good but looping it back around to say stuff happened in the show because of my headcanon seems pointlessly contrived if there's already an explanation gleaned from the lip-reading or what have you

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
maybe... you should have just reposted it!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Using the power of imagination, I've willed it to move. It's amazing and I wish you could see it.

• Locked thread