Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

The Sandman posted:

What about dragoning them?

As long as by dragoning you mean this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
There's basically no good reason for the line to be changed, unless the moral of the story is that Tohru can't take a hint. From what I remember of the manga Kobayashi gets mistaken for a man a few times so the original "but I'm a woman?" line fits better. For the anime that would depend on when/if those scenes get adapted but even so

Guy Goodbody posted:

If Kobayashi says "You know I'm a woman, right" and Tohru keeps throwing herself at her, that means Tohru doesn't care that Kobayashi is a woman.

If Kobayashi says "I'm not into women" and Tohru keeps throwing herself at her, that means Tohru doesn't care what Kobayashi wants.

It's kind of amazing how much changing that single line completely fucks up the characters.

this.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016

Content aware scaling is the devil. I like that it recognised Kanna's forehead as important though.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
In a twist no-one saw coming, Kanna was the wicked one all along.

I'm kinda surprised they kept the Kanna/Saikawa and Lucoa/shotaShouta parts in this episode. At least in the manga those were part of the ongoing joke that the dragons have weird morals and are super manipulative. In the anime that aspect has been downplayed so it seems out of place as well as creepy.

Oh well, time to interpret those scenes in the most favourable way possible so it doesn't sour the rest of the show.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
drat... I agree with the general conceit that fiction is fiction but I think you should try to argue that point without being an rear end in a top hat.

I mean I certainly don't think Cool Kyoushinsha or Kyoani should be punished for anything they do with fictional characters, but you also seem to be saying that they should be immune to criticism over these specific things which is just dumb.

"The simulation works so well it invokes real emotions. We cry and feel awful when a character dies as if a real person had passed away." Disgust is a human emotion, so it should be no surprise to you that some people have that reaction.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
Guy is obviously correct, that fringe is for looking through demurely. Also Fafnir is clearly fine with being hosed by MMO developers.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
He'd be a sucker for anything that's a limited edition.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Fafnir is 100% a powerbottom how is this even up for debate????

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016

Hey Lucoa isn't for lewd, she's an inspiration. One day I hope to have back muscles as strong as hers.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016

Maybe take your own advice and stop complaining about other people's opinions? People don't have to love a work unconditionally, they can enjoy a work and continue watching it while being disappointed by certain aspects. Seriously, if you like Kanna and Lucoa's wild ride then good for you. Other people don't like it, good for them too.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's not true.

It's not wrong, it's just that in some places the definition of too skimpy is completely naked.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

What about nude beaches?

I'm sure the lifeguards would cover you up if you were wearing less than a nude beach allowed. Or maybe call you an ambulance.

Fangz posted:

Anyway, this is quite impressive

https://youtu.be/gdp_Z-HfM5M

This is awesome!

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016

Roland Jones posted:

A picture someone linked a page or two ago, of all the manga covers, features her. Basically she's a child with breasts bigger than Lucoa's, so they're like half the size of her body or something. And according to chatter in this thread she magically gives Kobayashi a dick at one point for some reason?

To be fair once she puts on some real clothes rather than her hobo poncho she looks more like a short adult. She does however remain half boob. And yes she turns Kobayashi into a guy for a chapter. But since this thread is about the anime Lady Not-Appearing-In-This-Adaptation doesn't matter.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
This series was as good as I could have hoped for and the ending was very :3:

Now for the OVA I hope they bring Iruru in just for the hands joke because that was actually one of the best jokes in the manga.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
Hey now, if someone says they wish they were removed or rewritten they probably need therapy, not a probation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
Iruru's design is bad but it isn't uniquely bad. Seriously, she's not that short. Cool doesn't seem to care much about consistent heights and perspective but she seems to be a few inches taller than Kanna. That would make Iruru about 4 foot 10, assuming Kanna is about average height for a 10 year old, which is short but not abnormally so. As for her breasts, she's no worse than Lucoa in that regard so as I said, bad but not uniquely so.

• Locked thread