Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
cosplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

el dorito posted:

is this an actual show?

if so, what's the name of it?

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There've been stories about people falling in love with mermaids and gods and poo poo in every culture for all of history

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nephthys posted:

Personally I never really had a problem with that line myself because even in the subbed version I felt part of Kobayashi's arc was pretty much that of a repressed lesbian becoming open to being in a gay relationship. Her whole speech in episode 2 about humans rejecting things that aren't normal just screamed that at me.

A big part of her character is that she doesn't really know what she wants because shes so emotionally repressed. Saying she's not gay (at that point) doesn't actually mean anything imo.

I can see why it'd piss people off though and it wasn't the smartest translation.

It's not just about Kobayashi.

Kobayashi says "You know I'm a woman, right" and Tohru keeps pursuing her, it means that Tohru doesn't care that Kobayashi is a woman

Kobayashi says "I'm not into women" and Tohru keeps pursuing her, it means that Tohru doesn't care what Kobayashi wants.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo there was a Dragonheart prequel. It came out this year

Patrick Stewart played the dragon

• Locked thread