Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

seriously I danced around it before but now with this dumb poo poo there's no way to pretend there weren't heavy undertones of 'get it, girl who's super into me and I keep being awkward and standoffish with? Society tends to grind down people who are too different or odd, so it's very hard to be 'special' sometimes'. I don't know if this was in the manga or not but the sub is at least very much leaning to 'Kobayashi is probably in the closet'.

kobayashi reads as a trans man (and you know, in the closet) to me, but same deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
this episode furthers proves that everyone is gay for dragons and the corollary: nobody is straight for dragons

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
source your quotes

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Cephas posted:

I think it happened when they moved in to a new apartment together and spent $350 to get their daughter a red backpack for school.

nah im pretty sure that's just gals being pals :v:

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Spiritus Nox posted:

I like that she didn't even make it about shouting him down so much as shrugging him off. The episode did a ton of stuff both subtle and obvious to show how much more comfortable Kobayashi and Tohru have become being honest and intimate with each other.

This was undermined for me at the end b/c tohru nearly killing kobayashi (who has to duck in fear out of the way) and then kobayashi feeling compelled to reinforce to tohru that she does love her

that was problematic to me for personal reasons and it was the first time i didn't finish an episode going :3: but fortunately most people didn't read it the same way

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

I don't get how people are getting abusive out of the scene either. Kobayashi never explained that Elma was working at her office, which is why they spent time together. Tohru has been pretty consistently insecure when it comes to Kobayashi and it makes sense for her to panic if she thinks another dragon is somehow stealing her away.

Unlike previous scenes kobayashi ducks in apparent fear and the power imbalance between a dragon and human embodied in a destructobeam creates a metaphor for say, perhaps, a gun

I'm glad most people didn't read the scene that way

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

i feel like this is only missing the explicit lyrics badge to be a good album cover

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
kobayashi good mom

obligatory lucoa joke was hilarious this time

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

haha yeah it would suck to be that kid haha I can't even imagine

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

paragon1 posted:

They seem nice.

seem

tbh shouta is a pretty reasonable and content kid with a good head on his shoulders so i bet they are nice and good

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Spiritus Nox posted:

Kobayashi's willingness to suffer to allow her baby to continue believing in Santa Claus is Maximum :3:

kanna's dragon upbringing means she has to catch up on a lot of practice at the little lies so she can believe in the big ones

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

a kitten posted:

The actresses cosplaying as their characters.

this owns and is great

atelier morgan fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, i wish they didn't do the Otaku Face. Apparently a lot of the Takiya/Fafnir stuff is anime-original, so doing the otaku face in the manga where Takiya gets less development and screen time makes sense. Bu they should've dropped it for the anime

On the other hand otaku face set up the moment this episode where takiya is honestly and genuinely happy without hiding behind the mask and that was adorable

• Locked thread