Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

z0glin Warchief posted:

Kanna is based to some degree on the Ainu god Kanna Kamui, who doesn't have a wikipedia article but is mentioned in this one as being the god of thunder and lightning, and in other places as being one of the more powerful figures in Ainu folklore.
The anime is an accurate representation then because Kanna is extremely powerful

edit: I wonder if a lot of anime would seem way more dumb if katakana could transliterate foreign words better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
The faces scare me.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
That woman's face though. She's just so drat relaxed by the tail meat.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I remember from (i think) an earlier entry on the sakugabooru blog that there were a lot of opening shots that suggested a time of year, does anyone know if the one for this ep is another traditional seasonal thing? It seemed like an intentional layout but i have no idea about japanese traditions.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

UberJew posted:

Unlike previous scenes kobayashi ducks in apparent fear and the power imbalance between a dragon and human embodied in a destructobeam creates a metaphor for say, perhaps, a gun
:(

For what it's worth it did kind of strike me as a weird situation. The way kobayashi is generally taciturn made it a little hard to tell whether it was her being used to the cartoonish bizarro dragon stuff or just putting up with it, but i'd hazard a guess that Kyoani is trying to go for the 'oddball people making it together' angle.

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 4, 2017

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I can't remember if someone already posted this, but

https://my.mixtape.moe/bxbdhn.webm

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
As a bonus i think that code in the background window (which i assume makes the effect) looks a lot like Python, which Kobayashi works with.

edit: yesssssss
https://github.com/metatoaster/kanna

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 10, 2017

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

This shot honestly surprised me because WHO PUTS THIS MUCH DETAIL INTO A FLUFFY DUSTER THINGY. I love how Kyoani doesn't give a gently caress and makes everything detailed.

Also the scene with Fafnir was very sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
hello i'm here for the handwringing

• Locked thread